Why Is It So Hard to Ignore Cute Guys?

Accidentally in Love

Wu Yifan stared at the open doorway in confusion. Did he say something wrong? The girl had taken one look at him and bolted. He had wanted to say she was funny and ask if she really was the girl who ran into a wall at school. Oh well. Maybe she really had to go to the bathroom or something…

 

Yifan’s attention was directed back to the people attempting to put makeup on him. He bent his knees a little to help them out and they smiled at him gratefully. He flashed them a smile back, which had every woman (and most men) in the room swooning.

 

However, there was one girl who was not. Emily had come back when she remembered she might fired for suddenly leaving during such an important photoshoot. She slunk back in, hoping to not attract attention to herself, and glared at the stupid man smiling at the women putting his makeup on. He must have felt her rage because he looked up and met her eyes. His smile grew, but Emily snorted and stomped away. Yifan’s smile slid off his face and his eyebrows furrowed in confusion. Wait, was she mad at him?

 

Yifan shook his head. That would be ridiculous. Maybe she’s having a bad day. Deciding that must be the case, he made it his mission to cheer this random, clumsy foreigner up.

 

However, nothing seemed to be working. At first, Yifan simply tried giving her what he hoped were small smiles of encouragement. But, Emily would just ignore them and turn her back on him. Next, he tried asking her opinion on certain things.

 

“Should I tuck in this shirt or leave it out? I can’t decide what looks best with the pants and this jacket,” he said.

 

Emily stared at him for a moment, then shrugged. “Either works,” she said bluntly.

 

Flustered, Yifan tucked it in and slung the jacket over his shoulders. Was she really mad at him? Why? It wasn’t his fault she ran into a wall and everyone saw it…

 

Yifan decided he was going to ask her what her deal was during the break. However, when break came around, Emily was nowhere to be found.

 

Yifan waited and waited until the photographer said there were only five minutes left for the break. A little grumpy now, he walked up to Suyin and asked, “Where did that foreign stylist go?”

 

Suyin stared at him for a minute then said, “Oh! You mean the intern? She had to go back to school. She’s only here part time because she’s taking classes at the Language and Culture Uni. Why?”

 

Yifan shook his head. “I was just curious. I noticed she was no longer here, so I figured I’d ask.”

 

“Alright then,” said Suyin, “is that all you need?”

 

Yifan hesitated, “Actually… Do you know if she was having a bad day?”

 

“A bad day?”

 

Yifan nodded. “She seemed grumpy and didn’t seem to want to hold any sort of conversation with me.”

 

“I don’t know. She seemed happy enough talking to me. Maybe she’s shy since, ya know, you’re famous and all,” Suyin offered.

 

“Maybe so…” Yifan muttered, not entirely convinced.

 

“Okay! Break’s over! Let’s finish this and see if we can all go home early, too!” Suyin said loudly enough for everyone to hear.

 

Meanwhile, Emily was currently stewing in her advanced Chinese language course. Instead of taking notes on the new grammar structures, she was angrily stabbing her notebook with her pencil. She knew she was overreacting by now, but she couldn’t help it. He was her favorite celebrity! She had imagined he would have been concerned for her and immediately run over to help her up and blow on her bruised forehead to make it feel better. He quietly ask her if she was okay, completely ignoring all the people around them taking pictures. And when she tried to push him away saying this was going to become a scandal, he’d hold her tighter and say her well-being is much more important than his career.

 

But he had laughed.

 

The blush Emily had formed from imagining the earlier scenario turned to one of embarrassment as she remembered being publicly humiliated by her dream guy.

Hoping this would be the last time she ever had to see him, Emily finally turned her attention to the teacher who had been clearing his throat at her.


This one is so short I'm so sorry pls don't eat me Emily ily

Yifan is a dumb dumb. But he's her dumb dumb.