End

One Afternoon

I don't think I can write this story anymore. In fact, I don't see myself writing anything in the foreseeable future.

I am sorry for leaving One Afternoon hanging. I have writer's block for a very long time. I have the ending in my head but I just can't write anything anymore. 

Recent events have put the final nails on the coffin. My heart hurts too much for Tiffany. I need a break from this entire fandom. I don't want anything to do with Korea anymore. It has been a nice run and thanks for reading this very unimpressive story of mine. I love Tiffany and would always be rooting for her. 

Here's the last bit that I wrote. It sat in my drafting folder for the longest time. (Supposed to be part of Chapter 14) 

Chapter 14

It was stormy. The sky was dark, with the occasional streaks of lightning that marked the sky. Raindrops poured down from above.

She kneeled in front of the tomb. Her heart was aching and shattered to bits and pieces. Beneath her laid the greatest man of her entire life. Wiping her tear-stained cheeks, she placed a single white flower on the tomb with trembling hands. Her mother watched their daughter from the sidelines. She lost the love of her life while her daughter lost the hero of her life. The heartbeat and the pillar of their family.

Right there and then, as Taeyeon kissed the photo on the gravestone she promised to her father that she would seek revenge and justice. No matter what it takes.

==

“Is the latest batch ready for shipment? We need to get this done before the end of this week.”

The red haired man lowered his head slightly. “Sir, it seems like our men are having some difficulties fulfilling the order.”

The man furrowed his eyebrows, not liking what he had heard. “And why is that so?”

“We are short on manpower. The North isn’t providing us with enough workers to keep up with the production.”

The man took a sip of tea. “What about the South?”

“Same problem. Park Dong-joo had been ousted from the CEO position. His elder brother, Park Dong-bin isn’t all willing to invest too much into this.”

“My daughter is indeed capable.” The man sighed. “Wooshin.”

“Yes Sir?”

“You have served me long enough to know that I do not condone any delays.”

“I understand, Sir. We have been rushing them--”

“Neither do I condone any excuses.”

The young man bowed his head, afraid of making his master any angrier than he already was.

“Arrange a meeting with the North. I want to speak to them. As for our side, give Park Dong-bin a call on my behalf. If he doesn’t budge, then...”

The redhead interjects. “Yes Sir. I will make the necessary arrangements.”

“Good.” The man blinked once and then lit up his favourite cigar, a birthday gift from his daughter.

==

Tiffany switched the warm smartphone to her other hand. She had been on the phone with her best friend, Hyoyeon for nearly an hour now.

“I still can’t believe you are dating her.”

“Bleh.”

“I would never have expected her to date someone like you.”

“What do you mean someone like me!”

Hyoyeon chuckled. “I mean, someone as loud and bright as you. She seems like a serious person.”

“She is.”

“Tell me, how far have the two of you went?”

“Not far at all.” Tiffany’s face heated up at the thought of Taeyeon kissing her. Who would have guessed that a woodblock like her could be such a good kisser?

“You’re lying! Turn on the video chat. I wanna see your face. You must be all red right now.”

“Am not!” Tiffany retorts. “She kissed me. That’s all. Nothing more.”

“Aww. Our little Stephanie is in love~”

“Shut up Hyo.”

“When are you free though? The last time we met was when I visited Korea. You haven’t been back to the States for a while now.”

“I know. Work has been busy and--”

“And you’re busy dating Taeyeon?”

TIffany lets out a sigh. “I wish. She is always busy.”

“We all know how clingy you can get. I’m sure you will find some way to bug her.”

Tiffany giggled. “That’s right.”

“Alright I have got to go to bed now. All of the girls miss you here in States. Do take some time to come visit us!”

“Yes ma’am. Good night.”

Tiffany ended the call. All that talk about Taeyeon is making her miss that piece of woodblock. She decided to call her girlfriend.

“Hello?”

“Yes? How can I help you at this late hour?”

Tiffany huffed and hugged her knees. “Can you be a bit more romantic?”

Taeyeon scoffed. "No.”