007

That Devil Of Mine
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was Monday morning – the day Jessica dreaded the most. Taeyeon was forcing her to attend school and that means she would have to face not just Vernon but would have to deal with Mingyu. Jessica remembered Taeyeon’s instructions from the night before,

“You have to convince Mingyu that you’re Jessica and not Sooyeon. It will be hard but it will save us from having to deal with any further complications later. Remember, Jessica, you can never reveal that you’re a devil to any of the humans.”

Jessica wasn’t sure how she was going to react when she bumps into Mingyu at school. It will be extremely hard on her since he truly broke her heart when he ended their relationship. But nevertheless, Taeyeon is right. She needs to convince him that she’s Jessica so she can quickly finish her mission and would never have to meet him again.

She quickly got ready then asked Tiffany to drop her off at school. Upon entering the classroom, she quickly went to the back of the class and sat at the desk in the corner. Looking around, she couldn’t see S.Coups or Vernon anywhere but then again, she was still a bit early. When the bell rang, students came rushing into the classroom and took their seat as the teacher entered the classroom. Still, S.Coups and Vernon were still absent.

“Class, we have a new student today! He came all the way from Daegu, so please welcome him to our school”

Jessica looked at the front, curious to see who the new student could be. Her eyes doubled in shock after realising who it was.

“YAH! What are you doing here?” Jessica yelled out as she stood up excitedly.

The teacher glanced at her, “Miss Jung, is there a problem?”

Jessica shook her head and sat down with a wide grin on her face. The new student chuckled and looked around at his new classmates,

“Hello. My name is Kim Taehyung but I go by the name ‘V’. I’m new to Seoul and looking forward to complete my study with you guys”

All the girls in the class broke out in cheers, as they got all giggly over the new, cute student. V headed towards the back of the class and settled down at the desk next to Jessica’s.

“Hello there, friend!” V greeted in his deep, husky voice.

Jessica pouted and frowned, “Why didn’t you tell me that you were enrolled into Pledis High!?”

V raised his eyebrows and gave her a cheeky grin, “Maybe cause you didn’t ask? Pabo. Wait, why are you at school? You’re 18, you shouldn’t be at school!”

“I could ask you the same thing” Jessica retorted.

“Fair enough. We can talk about this later! I have no idea how to read this school map, so you’re gonna have to help me!”

Jessica smiled and grabbed the map from his hands, “Maybe cause you’re reading it the wrong way round? You idiot.”

V face palmed himself, which sent Jessica into a fit of giggles. At that moment, Vernon walked in with S.Coups and Mingyu following behind him. Vernon, who noticed how friendly Jessica was with the new boy, sat at the desk in front of her and threw his bag on the floor loudly – attracting all the attention. He ignored all the looks he got from his peers and turned around to face Jessica,

“Slave.” He acknowledged her. Jessica rolled her eyes and gave him a bored look. But before she could say anything, she could smell the smell of tobacco smoke coming from the boy in front of her.

“Have you been smoking!?” She asked furiously. Vernon scoffed and turned around to face the teacher,

“None of your business, Jung” He mumbled under his breath. Jessica took deep breaths to calm herself down and accidently caught Mingyu staring at her. She smiled slightly at him and bowed her head, pretending that she doesn’t really know him. Hoping that he would turn his head away, she took another glance at him but instead made eye contact with him. She puffed her cheeks and looked outside the window, wishing that the day would be over soon. She started drifting off into her own world as the teacher started rambling on with their English lesson – something that Jessica excelled in. The school bell went off indicating the end of their first class and interrupted Jessica’s train of thought. She looked over at V, who was chatting with the other girls in the room and decided not to interrupt him. She got out of her seat and stood next to Vernon. She crouched down to his level and frowned,

“Why have you been smoking?” Jessica asked in a softer tone than before. She just wanted to solve all his problems so she could quickly finish her mission and get out of the school as soon as possible.

Vernon looked at her blankly before answering, “Because you slapped me. I’m smoking the pain away”

Jessica looked at him, confused at first, but shocked after remembering that she did indeed slap him. How could she forget? She placed her hand on his cheek and rubbed her thumb along his cheekbone,

“I’m sorry. I didn’t mean it… I just wasn’t in a good mood”

Vernon looked at her strangely. He was confused at how gentle Jessica was acting. He took a hold of her wrist and pushed her hand away from his face,

“Don’t touch me with your dirty hands, Jung” He warned as he got out of his seat and stormed out of the class.

He rushed to the bathroom before locking himself inside one of the cubicles. He placed his hand over his racing heart and tried to steady the pace. He wasn’t sure why he was feeling like this, but whenever Jessica was touching him or near him, his heart would start racing while he gets butterflies in his stomach. He placed his hand on his forehead to see if he had a temperature,

“Maybe I’m coming down with something?” He whispered to himself as he walked back to class.

 

 

[Jessica’s POV]

 

I watched as Vernon walked away and wondered why a guy like him had such severe mood swings.  I turned around to face Seungcheol oppa and he gave him a gummy smile,

“How are you today, oppa?” I asked as I sat in Vernon’s seat beside Seungcheol oppa.

“Great now that you’re giving me some attention” He replied jokingly and I punched his shoulder lightly. I looked over at Mingyu, who was staring at me and offered him a smile,

“Mingyu-ssi, I apologise for our abrupt meeting the other day. I didn’t mean to run away so rudely like that”

He gave me a weak smile and shook his head, “It’s okay… I heard you weren’t feeling too well…”

I could hear the sadness in his voice and it broke my heart. Mingyu was still as handsome as I remembered but there was something different about the Mingyu today and the one that I loved. This Mingyu looked lifeless. It was as if the day I died so did he. I stared at him a bit longer before turning my attention back to our new student.

“Oppa, I want to introduce you to Taehyung-ie” I said as I motioned my hand towards Taehyung who smiled politely at Seungcheol oppa and Mingyu.

“Any friend of Jessica is a friend of mine!” Seungcheol oppa exclaimed as he shook Taehyung’s hand.

The boys continued chatting about Taehyung’s life back in Daegu.

“So what made you come to Seoul?” Mingyu asked curiously.

“I’m actually a trainee at Big Hit Entertainment and I’m debuting next month with my group BTS. I dropped out of high school back in Daegu so I could focus on training but the company wanted me to complete my studies so here I am!” Taehyung explained.

I nodded and gave him a big smile, “Daebak! You have a really great voice, I can’t wait till you guys debut!”

“So tell me why YOU’RE at school, Miss Jung?” Taehyung directed the question at me. I looked around the room, pretending not to hear the question but Seungcheol oppa jabbed the side of my ribs,

“Vernon told me that you’re actually a year older. So you’re 18 this year?”

I nodded my head slowly as I mentally cursed Vernon for being a loud mouth.

“I had some family issue during my final year so had to drop out….and now I’m finishing it off” I quickly lied.

 

At that moment, Vernon walked in and flicked my forehead, “Get out of my seat, slave.”

I poked my tongue out at him before returning to my seat. I reverted my attention back to Taehyung who was staring back at me with a cheesy smile,

“What?” I asked, “Is there something on my face?”

Taehyung shook his head, “Why have I never realised how pretty you are, Jessica?”

I frowned and gave him a weird look, “You called me pretty the other day”

Taehyung shook his head again, “Nah, I only said that to make you feel better. I felt bad for kicking the ball at your head”

“YAH!” I yelled and everyone in the class stared at me. Taehyung chuckled and pinched my cheeks,

“Aigoo. You’re so adorable”

I tried to look away as I could feel my cheeks heat up at the compliment and caught Vernon glancing at me.

“Will you shut up?” He asked as he gave me an annoyed look.

I frowned and kicked his chair but before he could say anything, the teacher walked in and class resumed.

 

Half-way through the class, I began zoning off into my own world. I looked at the back of Vernon’s head and noticed the new blonde streaks in his hair. I nodded my head, approving of his new hairstyle,

“Cute” I murmured to myself.

Quickly ripping a blank piece of paper from my book, I scribbled down some words,

“Nice hair. I thought you didn’t like blonde, though?”

Folding up the paper, I pretended to throw it with my hands but actually used telekinesis to move it perfectly onto Vernon’s desk. I could see his arms move as he unfolds the paper and assumedly read the note. He turned his head and gave me an annoyed look before throwing the paper on the floor next to his bag.

I scoffed and wrote another note,

“Why are you so grumpy??? I said I was sorry for slapping you!”

Once I again, I placed the note on his desk perfectly with my ability. This time, he didn’t even read my note and just threw it on the floor.

“VERNON. TELL ME WHY YOU’VE BEEN SMOKING!?”

I sent another note that also ended up on the floor, unr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter