002

That Devil Of Mine
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After finishing off her enrolment and organising her uniforms and books, Jessica finally settled in class in the seat behind Vernon and S.Coups. They were half an hour into their calculus class and Jessica was bored out of her mind. She continuously stared at the back of Vernon’s head and couldn’t help but notice how easy it was for him to get along so well with S.Coups. She envied his ability to make friends so easily, whereas she was always the type to be unapproachable. After another hour of sitting in class and pretending that she was listening, Jessica excused herself and rushed off to the toilets. She fixed her hair and re-touched her make up before checking her phone for any messages/missed calls.

“Three missed calls and one text from Yoong” Jessica mumbled to herself.

Jessica opens the text and reads it aloud, “Where are you? The girls and I are heading to the shopping mall to buys some new clothes for tonight’s party”

Jessica mentally cursed herself as she forgot all about the party that she was going to tonight. All the devils were invited to Jiyong’s, a highly ranked devil and Jessica's crush since forever, farewell party. He had completed all his missions and was granted permission to enter heaven so Satan wanted to throw a party to congratulate him. She quickly dials Yoona’s number and waited for the younger girl to answer,

“Sica unni! Where are you?”  

Jessica flinched at Yoona’s loud voice and pulled her ears slightly away from the phone,


“Long story short, I’m at Pledis High. I’m supposed to be in class right now!”

Yoona’s laugh could be heard on the other end of the line, “What? Are you serious?” Yoona muttered between her laughs. Jessica rolled her eyes and gritted her teeth.

“Dead serious. You guys told me to complete my mission so that’s what I’m doing right now”

“So you’re baby sitting a high-schooler?” Yoona asked not long before bursting into another fit of laughter, but this time there was Yuri by her side laughing at Jessica’s misery. Just as Jessica was about to curse at her two friends on the phone, a female student walked in and stared at Jessica who tried to smile as nicely as possible. The other student however just ignored Jessica and walked out of the bathroom. Jessica rolled her eyes once more,

“I was just trying to be nice” Jessica mumbled under her breath. She took a deep breath in and calmly resumed her conversation with Yoona,

“Yoong, I need you to buy me a dress for tonight alright?”

“Yeah, yeah. You want to look good for your Jiyong oppa, I get it!” Yoona snickered as she places emphasis on the words “Jiyong oppa”.

“Thanks” Jessica replied, smiling as she knows that she can trust Yoona when it comes to fashion, “by the way, can you tell Taeyeon to come to my school so she can sign a few forms for my enrolment. I told them that she’s my guardian and that we own a few major businesses in Japan and China! See you after school Yoong!”

And with that, Jessica hung up on Yoona without waiting for a reply and strolled back to class. After another hour or two, it was finally lunch break. Jessica quietly packed away her notebook and followed Vernon and S.Coups to the cafeteria. Once they reached the area where all the students gathered for lunch, Jessica was in awe. The cafeteria was spacious with modern decorations and the aroma from all the food being served was mouth-watering.

“This is heaven” Jessica whispered to herself but it was loud enough for S.Coups to hear.  The latter turned around and chuckled at the amazement on Jessica’s face. He recognised her as the new girl who made a fool out of herself in class this morning but found her very attractive compared to all the female students at Pledis High. His chuckle brought Jessica back to real world who started blushing after being caught following the boys.

“Hi! I’m Seungcheol but you can call me S.Coups. You must be new here”

Jessica nodded, “Nice to meet you S.Coups-ssi, I’m Jessica”

S.Coups flashed her a smile and tucked a loose strand of hair behind her ear, “Je

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter