005

That Devil Of Mine
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After Vernon had left her alone in his room, Jessica scrambled around the room as she tries to look for the clothes that she wore the previous night. After spotting the black dress under his bed, she picked it up and quickly put it on but much to her dismay, the dress was torn.

“Oh my gosh! He must’ve ripped it off last night!” Jessica groaned as she sulks over her dress. The dress was new and expensive and now she won’t be able to wear it ever again. Jessica proceeded to Vernon’s walk-in-wardrobe and pulled out a plain white tee of his. Slipping it on, she checked her appearance once more before heading to the kitchen to make Vernon some breakfast.

She opens the huge, white fridge and checked to see what kind of food they had. But that didn’t really matter, since Jessica was a terrible cook anyway. After carelessly grabbing some bacon and bread, without checking the expiry dates, she the stove and looked for utilities to cook with.

“Hmm… Taeyeon unni normally fries bacon in a pan right…? But if I use the pot, the oil won’t splatter as much…” Jessica mumbled to herself. She smiled to herself as she decides to use the pot to fry the bacon. She poured excessive amounts of oil into the pot and waited for it to heat up before putting the bacon in. However, the splattering oil scared her and so she stood far away from the stove, not sure of what to do next. And before she knew it, the sound of the smoke alarm echoed throughout the entire mansion.

 

Vernon rushed out of the shower at the sound of the smoke alarm. With just a towel wrapped around his waist and his hair still dripping wet, he rushed downstairs to see what kind of trouble Jessica was causing. As he reaches the kitchen, he could see Jessica sitting on the kitchen counter, her hands covering her ears to block out the deafening sound from the smoke alarm. In front of her was a burning pot with tremendous smoke floating in the air. Quickly, he switched off the stove and turned off the alarm. He glared at her,

“What the hell do you think you’re doing? Trying to burn my house down?” He spat venomously.

Jessica rolled her eyes and pushed past him, “You told me to make you breakfast, remember?”

She carefully picked up a burnt piece of meat and placed it on the plate next to some burnt toasts.

“And what exactly is that? Are you feeding me charcoal?” Vernon asked, feeling disgusted as he poke the black thing on the plate.

“It’s bacon!” Jessica exclaimed as she looks at the meat, feeling proud that she managed to cook something for Vernon. She cut the burnt bacon into small pieces and pierced a piece and held it near Vernon’s mouth.

“Say ah” She said as she pushes the fork closer to his mouth. Vernon stubbornly kept his lips closed shut as he shook his head and took a step back from her,

“Hell no, woman! I ain’t eating that!”

Jessica’s mouth dropped in shock. It’s very rare for her to be cooking, let alone cook for someone else. Although she would never admit it, she was upset that Vernon refused to try her food despite all the effort she had put in.

“Fine.” She responded coldly and threw the plate into the sink. She began cleaning up while giving Vernon the cold shoulder. Vernon, who couldn’t care less about Jessica’s mood swings, eyed the girl from head to toes. He couldn’t help but think that his favourite shirt looked great on her – especially since it ended just below her cheeks. He let out a low whistle as he walks towards her,

“, Jung! That shirt of mine looks great on you” He complimented, “But I still think you look better with nothing on”

Jessica rolled her eyes but chose to ignore him and continued to wash the dishes. Vernon closed the distance between them by pulling her shirt towards him so she tumbled and collided her back into his body. He swept her hair and pushed it to one side to expose her bare neck. He kissed her neck slowly and wrapped his arm around her waist. Jessica turned around and pushed the boy away, she raised her hand and pointed her finger at him,

“Don’t touch me” She warned. She turned around to finish off the dishes but was cut off by Vernon. He forcefully turned her around so she was facing him and turned off the tap,

“Why you playing hard to get?” He asked teasingly as he trails his fingers down the side of her waist.

Jessica pushed him away once more and glared at him, “Look, I agreed to be your slave not your slave alright?” It was at that moment when she realised that Vernon was wearing nothing but a towel around his waist. His hair was still wet and he looked incredibly y. She bit down on her lower lip, which only turned Vernon on even more. He gently cupped her face and pulled her lower lip down with his thumb before leaning in for a slow and gentle kiss. At first, Jessica stood frozen in her spot but gave in to temptation and responded to the kiss. As things were starting to get a bit heated, Vernon’s phone rang loudly and frightened the pair. Vernon groaned but nevertheless answered the call, his arm still wrapped around the flustered Jessica.

“Yes Coups hyung?” Vernon answered, still a bit breathless from his make out session with Jessica.

“Yo! What happened to you last night? You just disappeared and we couldn’t find you anywhere!” Vernon looked at Jessica with a cheeky smile before replying to his hyung,

“I picked up this really hot random when I was trying to look for you guys so I took her home instead” He wiggled his eyebrows at Jessica which caused her to burst out in laughter.

“Who’s that laughing in the background?” S.Coups enquired.

“It’s just Jessica the weirdo” Vernon replied casually which earned him a slap from Jessica.

“Wait… the random girl that you picked up isn’t Jessica, is it?” S.Coups asked, sounding a bit aggressive.

“Oh..no! Jessica….uhh… Jessica and I are working on our project for human bio!” Vernon quickly lied as Jessica face palm herself.

“Okay…” S.Coups replied, still soundin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter