001

That Devil Of Mine
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“JESSICA JUNG! YOU NEED TO WAKE UP RIGHT NOW. N.O.W!”

“JESSICA JUNG!”

“WAKE UP, YOU SLOTH!”

The blonde headed girl who goes by the name ‘Jessica’ rolled her eyes and groaned at the noisy commotion outside her bedroom door. She covered her head with her pillow and kicked her legs around in frustration.

“JESSICA! IF YOU DON’T COME OUT IN 3 SECONDS, I WILL BREAK DOWN THIS DOOR”

Jessica groaned and pulled her hair. All she wanted was to sleep in. It was that simple. Jessica was furious being denied the right to sleep, so whoever is waking her up better have a good reason. Jessica forcefully opened her door and glared at the person in front of her, Tiffany Hwang.

“What do you want Tiff?” Jessica spat at her partner in crime.

“Good morning to you too, Princess.” Tiffany cheerfully greeted with her infamous eye smile. “I need you to be ready in 5. Satan is coming to visit”

Jessica cocked her eyebrows and grunted, “What for? Why does he keep visiting us?”

 The latter shrugged her shoulders and began walking off to Sunny’s room to see if she was awake. Tiffany turned her head and gave Jessica a stern look,

“You better be ready in 5, J” Tiffany warned.

Jessica rolled her eyes and entered her room again, running straight for her bed. As she laid on her bed, she thought about all the partying that she did in the last two nights. She was starting to regret the lack of sleep she got and before she knew it, she was drifting back to sleep.

 

It was quarter to ten when Taeyeon had just finished washing the dishes. As she heads to the living room to tidy up the area, three soft knocks could be heard from the front door. Looking around to make sure everything was neat and tidy, she dusted her shirt and straightened her posture before opening the door.

“Good morning Master Satan” Taeyeon politely greeted the elderly man who was dressed in everything red.

“Good morning child.” He returned the greeting warmly. He stepped into the girls’ house and inspected it. He was pleased to see how clean and civilised everything was.

“Children, please gather in the living room,” Satan ordered softly. Although Satan spoke in the softest voice, he was sure that everyone could hear him. When Satan was first created, he was given the power to give all devils with special abilities. Every devil had the ability to hear everything within a 10km radius. But it is only the selected few devils that had extraordinary gifts. For example, Taeyeon is telepathic. Hyoyeon is blessed with the gift of speed, Yoona is able to manipulate people’s mind and Jessica is able to move objects around with her mind. The more missions they complete, the stronger their ability becomes.

Satan watches as the girls begin filing into the room. In synch, they all bowed their head to show respect to the greatest elder.

“Good morning Master Satan” the girls greeted unanimously. Satan scanned the girls from left to right and squinted his eyes,

“Why are there only 8 of you? Who’s missing?” Satan questioned.

At that very moment, a very chilled Jessica strolled in while stuffing with a roll of tuna sushi.

“Ah, here comes the real Satan” the Master commented as he watches Jessica advanced towards Taeyeon and stood beside her.

Jessica smirked and gave Satan a cheeky wink, “Well they did offer me your position as the Head of the Devils but then I remembered from all the stories I was told when I was a child about Satan being really hideous so I had to decline the offer. I actually recommended you because I thought you’d fit the description and would make the perfect Satan.”

Taeyeon threw Jess a dirty glare and pinched her thigh. Jessica yelped at the pain and frowned at Taeyeon. Satan chuckled at the two girls and shook his head at their banter.

“Well, I only came by to see how you girls are doing and to congratulate Seohyun on successfully completing another mission. Well done Seohyun-ah, maybe you should give your unni some tips since she has yet to complete a mission” Satan said as he referred to Jessica’s lack of effort in completing her assigned tasks. The blonde haired girl pretended that she didn’t hear anything and let out a loud yawn. Satan shook his head once again.

“Jessica, I have a new mission for you”

“You know I’m not going to do it” Jessica replied with an uninterested expression written on her pretty facial features.

“I’m afraid you don’t have much of a choice, dear. If you don’t get this mission done, you’ll be banished for a month”

Jessica opened and was ready to protest but Satan had already turned his back and headed towards the door,

“Woobin will be here in 30 minutes to take you to your mission Jessica. Goodbye girls”

The girls, except Jessica, bowed once again as Satan left the building. Once he was gone, the girls looked at Jessica and laughed.

“H

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter