003

That Devil Of Mine
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The day has finally come to an end and the moonlight graced the earth as night falls. In the centre of the dance floor, Jessica was there with Kwon Jiyoung – her long time crush. There were literally a hundred devils surrounding them but all Jessica cared about was spending her last few moments with Jiyoung. His arms rested on her slender waist while she wrapped hers around his neck. The two swayed to the gentle music, neither of them knowing what to say. Jessica, who was currently an emotional-wreck, stopped swaying and stared lovingly into Jiyoung’s eyes.

“I can’t believe you’re leaving me, oppa” She whispered. The older boy replied with a sweet smile and kissed her forehead. The two were never an official couple because Jessica thought she was too cool for the whole ‘boyfriend-girlfriend’ commitment, but it was obvious the two had unexplained feelings for one another. The day that Jessica learnt about Jiyoung’s acceptance into heaven was the day that she surprised herself with how much alcohol her little body could take. She remembered that day clearly – the day where she drowned herself in vodka because she was getting emotional about the fact that her Jiyoung is leaving.

“I’m going to miss you. A lot.” Jiyoung confessed as he pulls Jessica into his embrace. Although Jessica’s a few years younger than him, Jiyoung couldn’t help but be attracted to the troublemaker. He wasn’t exactly sure why he was so attracted to her but he knew he just couldn’t get enough of her.

“Is it her playful behaviour that made you like her? Her angelic laughter that enchants the whole room? Or the fragile heart under all that cold, punk-like aura?”

 Thoughts like those would cross his mind at random times and keep him up on countless nights. But nevertheless, he felt the need to always be her shoulder to cry on and be the man who witnesses every happy life events with her.

Jiyoung watched as the tears escape from the younger girl’s eyes. He chuckles softly as she covers her face with her hands, feeling embarrassed.

“Why am I even crying!? Why am I feeling like this?” Jessica mentally yelled at herself.

Jiyoung then thought of the time when his good friend, Taeyang, asked him why he hasn’t confessed to Jessica. Jiyoung remembers how he shrugged the question off and answered coolly, “Jessica Jung doesn’t love”

Which was true. Jessica Jung vowed to never love again after the messy break up between herself and her first boyfriend – the boy whom she loved dearly. Ever since then, she would come across a guy that would infatuate her but was never enough for her to devote her love to. Jiyoung was no exception. Although he had tricks that would tug her heartstrings every now and then, that cold heart of Jessica’s never gave in to his endless affections. And like that, they’re relation ended on that night with Jiyoung leaving for heaven while she was still stuck in hell.

“I’ll wait for you” was the last thing Jiyoung said to her.

 

--

 

Days have passed and Jessica has been skipping school. She used Jiyoung as an excuse, claiming that she missed him too much and won’t be able to focus on her mission. But the truth was, she was just lazy and just did not want to deal with problematic teens.

Vernon was getting along well with all his new friends at school. Mingyu finally returned to school after the mourning of his ex-girlfriend and was very welcoming of their new addition to their group. The boys continued creating havoc causing headaches to all the teachers at Pledis High and Vernon was on the verge of failing human biology. The class were assigned partners to complete a project that would heavily influence their grade at the end of the year and Vernon was paired up with Jessica – whose absence did not help the situation.

“Vernon, you seriously need to get your act together. If you slip-up in this next assignment, I’m afraid you’ll fail the subject and I will have to contact your parents” The teacher warned him, after the whole class but him was dismissed for lunch.

The schoolboy rolled his eyes and let out a yawn, “Does it look like I care?” he retorted cockily.

The teacher lost all her patience and growled at him, “Look, you can stop with this whole ‘bad boy’ act, Hansol. You’re not gonna get very far in life if you continue living like this. I am your teacher, have some respect!”

Vernon scoffed pitifully at the teacher and walked towards the exit.

“You gotta earn the respect, ” Vernon sneered before slamming the classroom door leaving his teacher gobsmacked.

He walked towards the cafeteria to where his friends were waiting for him.

“What did she want?” Wonwoo asked as he steals a piece of the chocolate cake from Dino’s lunch tray.

“She said she’ll call my parents if I fail the group project. Which is exactly what I want so that’s exactly what I’ll do!” Vernon exclaimed as he high-fives Mingyu’s and S.Coup’s waiting hands.

“Who’s your partner for the project anyway?” Joshua asked out of curiosity.

“That freak, Jessica” Vernon replied curtly with disgust.

S.Coups, who was feeling rather offended, slapped the back of the younger boy’s head. “She’s not a freak! She’s so hot”

The other boys nodded their h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter