009

That Devil Of Mine
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Vernon, wake up! We’re going to be late for school!” Jessica yelled for the nth time at the lump under the blanket, yet there was still no sign of life. She poked the sleeping boy, which caused him to stir.

“Go away, it’s still early” Vernon replied, his voice still croaky. The older girl rolled her eyes and pulled the blanket off him and slapped his arm,

“No it’s not! You need to wake up! We have to go to school!”

Jessica could not believe the words coming out of . She was never the diligent student who was always up early to prepare for school. Yet here she was, telling Vernon that they need to get to school.

“What a nerd” Jessica mentally insulted herself as she sat down on the bed beside a motionless Vernon.

“Can’t we just skip school for the day?” Vernon whispered as he covers his face with her pillow. Jessica shook her head and grabbed the pillow off his face before hitting him repeatedly with it.

“No! Stop being lazy! You need to head home and get ready for school”

With his eyes still closed, Vernon reached out for Jessica’s hands to stop her from hitting him before pulling her down so that she was hovering over him. He s his arms around her waist and kept her in that position.

“Let’s just stay home today. Just me and you.” He suggested softly as he slowly opens his eyes and looked into her brown eyes. Jessica wriggled and tried to escape from his embrace but it only caused Vernon to tighten his grip around her. She puffed her cheeks and glared at Vernon,

“Let me go”

The younger boy shook his head and gave her a cheeky grin, “No. Not until you agree to stay home with me”

Jessica sighed but did not reply. Instead, she rested her cheeks on Vernon’s chest, finding the position oddly comfortable. The two stayed in that position for a while before Vernon brought his right hand to Jessica’s hair and started it softly.

Vernon kissed the crown of Jessica’s head before flipping her over so that she was pinned underneath him. Jessica’s cheeks began to heat up as she finds herself attracted to Vernon’s lips, which were only a few centimetres away from hers. She closed her eyes briefly to shake away those thoughts.

“So… are you gonna stay home with me? Or do I have to handcuff you to me so you can’t go to school?” Vernon asked, a wide smirk plastered on his face.

“Fine, we’ll stay home…” Jessica gave in, much to Vernon’s delight. The younger boy leaned in and was about to steal a kiss but Jessica pushed his forehead back with her index finger, “…but we have to work on our human bio assignment! It’s due next week!”

Vernon groaned as he rolled off Jessica and laid beside her. In Vernon’s mind, it didn’t matter what they did, spending the day with her was more than enough for him. Once Vernon left the room to wash up, Jessica rested one hand on her heart and took deep breaths to steady her rapid heartbeat. She frowned slightly after realising that she’s been getting butterflies recently whenever Vernon was around and her heart would race whenever he was near her. She knew this feeling all too well. Jessica raised both hands to her red cheeks and slapped them softly,

“Get yourself together, Jung. He’s a human, you can’t have these feelings for a human.”

 

Jessica was making herself a cup of coffee when Vernon joined her in the kitchen. He stood behind her and rested his chin on her shoulder. Jessica tensed at the sudden contact and only relaxed once he took a step away from her.

“Noona, I’m hungry” Vernon complained. Jessica furrowed her eyebrows and glared at the younger boy,

“Don’t call me noona” She warned

Vernon winked at her, which only annoyed her even more, “Why not? You’re older than me. I have to call you noona”

Jessica rolled her eyes, “You only call me noona when you need me. I rather be called ‘noona’ by someone who actually respects me. You don’t so therefore don’t call me noona”

But the truth was, she actually feels weak in the knees and her heart would flutter whenever he would call her noona. She was amazed at how such a simple word had such an enormous effect on her. It’s not like she hasn’t been called ‘noona’ by other younger boys, but there was something about Vernon that makes her oblige to his requests whenever he call

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter