Chapter 4

Out of the Ordinary

“I’m home!” Baekhyun yelled out to no one in particular. He took off his shoes before stepping inside the entry way.

 

“Baek? Is that you?” A female voice asked from an adjacent room not far off. 

 

Hearing the familiar voice Baekhyun quickly walks to where the sound is coming from. Once he reaches the kitchen he see’s a female with her back turned towards him. She is wearing a pink blouse tucked into a black pencil skirt. Her outfit is complimented with black heels.

 

“Yoona noona! I missed you so much.” Baekhyun says as he runs to the figure and gives her a tight back hug. The reunion brings tears to his eyes because his sister is finally. The only person he can talk to about school and his personal life. Sure his parents were loving and caring but he didn’t want to burden them with any of his troubles. It was enough that his parents loved him whole heartedly. His sister on the other hand is someone that is more than just his sister. She was his friend, sister, and his second mother. She was always there when he needed a shoulder to cry on. She never judged him no matter what and would always give her honest opinions on what he should do. Even though they were the same age with her being several months older, she always treated Baekhyun with a kind soul as if he were her son. 

 

Feeling the wetness from Baekhyun’s tears between the crook of her neck, Yoona turned around and smiled at her adorable brother. She hugged Baekhyun and put her right hand to his head to rub it.

 

“Now now, there is no need to cry. I will be staying for a couple months so we have plenty of time to catch up before I have to travel again.” Yoona soothed Baekhyun in hopes of him calming down. It seemed to work as Baekhyun slowly let go of his sister and wiped the rest of the tears from his eyes. 

 

Looking around the kitchen he sees pots and pans scattered around with red spots splattered on the walls. Looking back he gives Yoona a confused look.

 

“Oh! Yeah I may have tried to make some food before you got home but I guess I still need to take some cooking classes.” Yoona laughed at the horrified face of her brother.

 

Baekhyun looks around the kitchen one more time before he joins with his sister in laughter. “You are in so much trouble. Mom is going to kill you when she see’s what you have done to her precious kitchen.”

 

“She won’t if we get it cleaned up before she comes home.” Yoona gave her brother a mischievous look.

 

“Who says I’m going to help you clean up your mess that you made?” Baekhyun teasingly states to his sister.

Faking sadness, Yoona gasps loudly and puts her right hand on her chest. “You mean you won’t help your wonderful sister from getting killed after all she’s done for you? Don’t you know I’m too young and beautiful to die? Who’s going to be there to listen to your troubles? Who’s going to be there to help search for your soulmate? I can’t believe my little brother is betraying me and letting be eaten alive by our own mother!”

 

Baekhyun stares astonishingly at the dramatic show his sister was putting on. Once Yoona is finished with her impromptu scene Baekhyun bursts into laughter again. 

 

Yoona only watches fondly with a smile on her face as her brother giggles and wipes his nonexistent tears produced from laughing too much.

 

“I was kidding noona. Of course I’ll help you clean up and thank you for cheering me up even though I haven’t even told you if anything was wrong.” Baekhyun says sincerely as he grabs a sponge and runs it under water with some soap. 

 

“You know I can always tell when something is bothering you Baek. I’m your sister after all and I know you better than anyone even yourself.” Yoona states as she follows her brothers actions in cleaning the kitchen. She grabs the pot and pan closes to her and puts it into the dishwasher to be cleaned.

 

Baekhyun hums in acknowledgment and continues to wipe the walls. The stains were pretty dried so it took some time to clean the walls but the job felt comforting and relaxing after a stressful day at school. Baekhyun enjoys time like this. Just doing something with his loved ones to accomplish things together always brings a happy feeling in him. Even if he and his sister do it in complete silence, he knows that it is not due to awkwardness but rather blissfulness. Baekhyun thanks to the Gods that he was blessed with a loving family who were always there for one another. Sometimes Baekhyun thinks to himself and wonders how someone like him could deserve people so caring and loving. They were all so successful while he was so ordinary and dull with nothing special to separate himself from anyone else. His father was a Chief Director of a company based in the country side that operated in distributions of crops. His mother was a lawyer who is respected by her workers and clients because of her kindness and ability to win cases. His sister was the famous fashion designer, Mystique, that traveled around the world to produce all kinds of clothes for everyone no matter their size, gender, race, or financial status. She made clothes for the rich, the poor, and even the homeless. Then there was Baekhyun, someone who is the same age as Mystique but has accomplished about zero percent of what his sister has. Baekhyun signs for the nth time feeling sorry for those that have to deal with him and he is very grateful for those that stay with him.

 

Yoona looks up from wiping the counter to see that her brother was lost in his thoughts again. She smiles in sadness as she knows what her brother is thinking. Sometimes she just wants to hug him and tell him that he is not worthless and he means more to her and their parents than anyone else. That he is special and she or their parents wouldn’t wish for anyone else. Yoona wonders how Baekhyun changed so much throughout the years. How did he become so insecure and think so low of himself. She remembers that just about two to three years ago Baekhyun was such a happy person. He smiled to everyone and greeted them even if he didn’t know them. He was so optimistic about everything and never let anything get to him. But now he was the complete opposite not that his change in character would make her or their parents love him any less. In fact it made them love and care for him even more knowing that he was going through something and would need them now more than ever. Even though she was the closest to Baekhyun, he still has not opened up to her about what made him change.

 

Yoona wipes the last stain on the wall for Baekhyun before washing the towel and her hands. She turns to Baekhyun and smiles before grabbing his wrist and pulling him to the entrance. 

 

“Come on, lets go out to eat tonight. Mom’s not going to be back until next week because she has to go to Jeju to settle a case. We can catch up while we eat. My treat.” Yoona wiggles her eyebrows as she knows that Baekhyun wouldn’t say no.

 

“Okay.” Baekhyun says as he comes out of his thoughts and follows Yoona to her car.

 

 

An: I know I'm a horrible person for not updating in almost a year (don't hate me). I have suddenly gained back some motivation to continue this fic and I hope those who have stayed with me so far are pleased with this chapter. There really wasn't much development in the plot but I really wanted to show some background and relationship between Baekhyun and his sister. Don't worry I have a plot in mind so I'm not just thinking of one as I write. Next chapter the plot will go back on course with the addition of new characters!

Preview:

"Wh-what are you doing?" Baekhyun stutters as he is pushed against the locker.

Chanyeol puts his hands on both sides of Baekhyun's head and leans close to his left ear to whisper, "What do you think I'm doing? I told you to watch your back"

Baekhyun shakes in fear as Chanyeol turns to stare at him with only a few inches between their face.

"I'm sorry if I did something to upset you again just please don't hurt me." Baekhyun pleads in a soft whisper.

Chanyeol laughs in his face and just then Kris, Chanyeol's best friend, and his posse come to join him.

"Chanyeol what are you doing to poor Baekkie?" Kris asks mockingly as he taps Baekhyuns face gently.

Kris gives Chanyeol a certain look and they both smirk evilly before turning back to look at Baekhyun.

Baekhyun can only shiver in fear and both Chanyeol and Kris step closer.