Chapter 3

Out of the Ordinary
Dreading school Baekhyun tried stay in bed but his mother had barged into his room and forced him out of bed and ready for school.
 
Checking himself in the bathroom mirror Baekhyun see's that his eyes are red and puffy due to him crying the night before. In his attempt to make them look normal he grabs eyeliner and lines his eyes in a thin line. Seeing that it would distract people from the redness of his eyes Baekhyun left the bathroom and started to get ready for school.
 
Baekhyun tried to walk slower than usual to delay his arrival as much as possible. In the far distance there are children running towards his direction in such a speed that Baekhyun through they were going to trip and hurt themselves. As the group was getting closer he recognizes that one of the kids looked familiar. With his soft blonde locks and doe like eyes Baekhyun realizes that it's Luhan. Coming to a stop Baekhyun raises his hand and waves to the group as they ran past.
 
"Hey Luhan, running late?"
 
Hearing his name, Luhan looks over his shoulder and stops running once he sees that it was the nice man he bumped into some days ago.
 
"Hyung! Hi!"
 
"Hi Luhan."
 
"Ugh I wanted to play with my other hyung since he and mommy are finally going to live with us but daddy told me I had to go to school today. And he said that I won't get ice cream if I was late so I have to go. Bye!"
 
Baekhyun looked amused as Luhan resumed his running at a pace even faster. Baekhyun signs at what a life Luhan must have. How can such a small child be having family problems already. Baekhyun shakes his head to stop his thoughts since he doesn't know I those assumptions are even correct.
 
Baekhyun's heart rate speeds up when he sees that he has already reached school. With so many thoughts in his mind he must not have realized that he got to school much faster than he would have liked.
 
With no other option but to go in Baekhyun steps up to the doors and walks in. 
 
 
 
 
Instead of the usual insults and names calling that were directed at him, the halls were quiet and nobody said a word and just stared at him. It was so quiet and ominous that Baekhyun wished the insults were back. Anything would be better than the feeling he got from all the stares. It was like the calm before something big was going to happen. Baekhyun liked surprises but this one he didn't want to stay long enough to find out what it was. So with quick strides Baekhyun reached his locker, grabbed his books, and high tailed out of there to his first class all in record speed.
 
 
 
 
 
With his paranoia and his desire of getting out of there, Baekhyun couldn't sense the eyes that were staring in recognition at him. A man leaning against a locker stared intently at Baekhyun as he sped past. 
 
Even with all the girls and boys surrounding him, he was able to recognize that face anywhere. Smirking, the man pushed himself off the locker and started towards his class.
 
 
 
 
Everything was so weird today. First with what happened this morning and continues to happen throughout the day. Baekhyun couldn't stand the suspense and wished that something would happen all ready so that things could go back to normal. 
 
After the final bell rang, Baekhyun rushed out of his class to get away from the silent looks and whispers that were directed at him. Walking down the hall Baekhyun felt a strange feeling that someone was following him so he started to walk faster. When the feeling crept back he started running. Right before he was about to push open the main doors someone grabbed him by the arm and pushed him into a room. 
 
Baekhyun yelped when his back was slammed into the wall of the dark lit room. Looking around, Baekhyun sees brooms and cleaning supplies and concludes that the stranger had pushed them into the janitors closet. Feeling cramped in such a small room, Baekhyun tries to struggle out of the strangers hold but only gets pushed back harder than the first time.
 
"Where are you trying to go, sweetheart?"
 
Baekhyun froze hearing the familiar deep voice. The voice that belonged to the one man Baekhyun tried to avoid. The voice that belonged to Chanyeol. 
 
Looking up Baekhyun sees the handsome face of said man. The straight nose, big eyes, and the ears big enough to challenge yoda. Realizing that he was staring for awhile blood rushes to Baekhyun's face as he shifts his eyes to look elsewhere. 
 
"Please let go of me." Baekhyun says in a low voice.
 
"Now why would I do that?" Chanyeol replies.
 
Baekhyun stares at Chanyeol once again this time in confusion. 
 
"Because of you Dara ran away from me in disgust. She thought I puked in myself. I didn't even get the chance to ask her out before she saw me and fled!" Chanyeol screamed at Baekhyun in anger. 
 
Baekhyun flinches in shock at the angry time in Chanyeol's voice. He tries to apologize but before he even gets a word out, Chanyeol starts talking again.
 
"Since you ruined my relationship before it even started, you should watch your back." Chanyeol gives Baekhyun one last look before you leaves the room.
 
Baekhyun is still confused about what just happened even after some time has passed. When Baekhyun walks out of the janitors closet a thought stopped him in his process. The name of the girl that Chanyeol was going to ask out sounded so familiar. 
 
"Dara, where have I heard that name before?" 
 
The sound of Baekhyun's phone interrupts Baekhyun's thought. Taking out his phone Baekhyun swipes right to answer. 
 
"Hello?"
 
"Baekhyun! It's your noona! How are you? I haven't heard from you in forever."
 
Hearing the voice of his sister Baekhyun almost sheds tears. "Noona~ I miss you so much. Why did you have to leave?"
 
"Aww Baek, don't cry. You won't have to miss me too much because I'm coming back today. I'll be at home by the time you get back from school. I'll see you later ok? I have to go now, bye! I love you!"
 
The sound of the call ending pulls at Baekhyun's heart. He hasn't seen or heard from his sister in many months. But what his sister said makes a smile appear on his face. 
 
Baekhyun leaves the school more happier than ever. He walks faster in an attempt to get home quicker. He was finally going to see his sister! 
 
 
An: Sorry for not updating in so long! I've been expriencing major writers block. And since I'm an amateur writer it's even worst. I will try harder from now on but the updates won't be consistent or anything. I won't give up on this story because it's my first on and I want to finish this. I hope you guys don't give up on me and I won't give up on myself either!