The Good and Bad Things

Convenience Store Boy

SECOND PART OF DOUBLE UPDATE

 


 

I woke up from my very deep slumber to see the sun peeking through the room's curtains. It took me awhile to realize that I was in Baekhyun's room. He had the typically boys room. Posters up on the walls and a television in the corner with a gaming station. His desk was super neat compared to mine. Which I took him for being a disorganized person because of his scattered brain. 

Last night I had a lot of fun with Baekhyun, we snuck food from the shelves and ate them together then we just talked. For hours on end until I fell asleep. It was nice, I hadn't had a conversation like that in a long time. Mostly because I have been avoiding people for the last few weeks. It was good for me to not hold back anything from Baekhyun because he figured out that Chanyeol cheated on me. The thing I liked the most was that he didn't pity me or feel sorry for me. People pitied me enough since the volleyball tournament and I was sick of it. But Baekhyun was different... and I liked it.

I cuddled into the blanket I was using and stretched out my legs. Though I felt somebody else. I turned over and saw Baekhyun's sleeping face. It was so peaceful and serene. His face was inches from mine because he only had a double bed which wasn't big enough for two people, especially a person and Baekhyun. Seriously he took up most of the bed... 

Taking note of every feature on his face while I could I studied every freckle on his delicate skin. His bed head was already out of this world, it was everywhere and it kind of made me giggle. I watched as lips curved upwards and thats when I knew he had heard me and woken up.

"Your breath smells really bad." he said with his eyes still closed. 

I furrowed my brows and hit his chest. "That's not very nice." I pouted. "Maybe if you weren't taking up most of the bed then I wouldn't be so close."

Then the most beautiful thing happened. Baekhyun slowly opened his eyes. His dark brown, almost black eyes stared at me. They were so beautiful and sparkled so brightly. Just like last night. 

"Maybe I like being this close to you." he smirked at me, wrapping his arm around my waist and pulled me even closer.

I felt butterflies in my stomach. Now we were centimetres apart. I don't know why I didn't react but my body just froze up. Not in a bad way like being scared but just because I was so memorized by him. This feeling I was having I haven't had in such a long time. My heart felt like it was fluttering like a butterfly's wings. I was so nervous. When we both fell asleep in the same bed last night I didn't expect to be having this moment with him.

Baekhyun waited for me to respond or to show some kind of reaction. Though when I didn't, I think he took his action as a good sign so he entangled our legs together. I was wearing a pair of his boxers shorts and he wore some gym shorts to bed so I could feel our skin against each others.

I parted my lips to speak, "Baekhyun..." I quietly said.

He hummed in response and it sounded so deep. "Yeah?" his raspy, morning voice made my stomach flip.

"Can I kiss you?" I don't know what came over me to say that. Being that close to him, emotionally and physically, just did something to me. Seeing his eyes just stare so cautiously at me like he was also taking in every feature I had to be shown.

Baekhyun didn't answer but just smiled every so slightly and leaned closer to me until there was no room between our bodies and our lips. His lips were so soft. I closed my eyes and just lost myself in the moment. Things were getting heated when his hands started to roam my body. His delicate hands went under the shirt I borrowed from him and he started to trace circles with his fingers on my back. I raised my hand and placed it on his cheek just so I could feel him too. Before things could go any farther, I had to stop myself but his scent, his touch, his everything was so addicting. So I pulled away from him slowly but kept my eyes closed because I didn't want to see his face just yet.

Taking a deep breath, I brought myself to open my eyes and saw him gently grinning at me.

I opened my mouth to speak but to only be interupted by my stomach growling. I guess it was really loud because Baekhyun started laughing at me.

"Come on sweetcheeks. I'll cook you some breakfast." he leaned in, pecking my nose. "And by me cooking, I meant I'll get Kyungsoo to cook because I burn everything."

When Baekhyun got out of the bed, I felt cold. His body heat was so comforting. 

I watched him look back at me cuddle into the blankets ever more, refusing to get out. His superman graphic tee, gym shorts, and bed head made him unbelievably adorable. While I had makeup still on from last night and one of Baekhyun's shirts and a pair of his boxers that were still kind of big for me. I was a slob compared to him.

"If you don't come out of the bed, I'm going to have to carry you out of it." Baekhyun held up five fingers and began counting down from five.

Five. Four. Three. Two. One.

I started giggling when he was coming around the bed to my side. He had a creepy grin on his face and I hid underneath the blankets. Next thing I knew was that I was being lifted up bridal style with the blanket still over me.

"Baekhyun!" I shrieked really loudly. I ripped the blanket off of me and wrapped my arms around his neck just in case he dropped me. 

Then there was a loud banging on through the wall. "Baek! Your girlfriend woke me up. Tell her to stop screaming!" he shouted, whoever it was. 

I immediately closed my mouth and tried my best not to laugh while I looked to Baekhyun. He was trying really hard to keep in his laughter. He put me down but my arms were still wrapped around him. 

"Will you make me food now?" I was acting all sweet and innocent but in reality, I was super hungry and starting to feel faint but I didn't want Baekhyun to worry about me since he won't leave my side if he knows that I'm not feeling good.

Baekhyun nodded. "Of course."

 

~ * ~

 

"I can walk you back to your dorm room, you know?" Baekhyun stuck out his bottom lip. The whole morning I had to tell him I was fine with walking back to the dorm by myself. But the stubborn person he is, he complained.

I sighed, "I will call you when I get back. Alright?" It was hard to reason with him but eventually he just gave up.

"If I let you go by myself, will you kiss me goodbye?" He raised an eyebrow. 

Chuckling, I nodded. So he leaned in until I felt our lips connect. It wasn't as much of a needy and heart stopping kiss like before but it still made me feel that fluttery feeling like before.

The feeling of being kissed lingered when we pulled away. "I don't want you to go." he muttered out, reaching for my hand and interlacing our fingers.

"I'm going out with my friends tonight so I have to." I explained but lied to him. I don't know why I did but I just needed to think for a little bit. About everything that happened this morning. Every moved so quickly that I didn't have time to process my thoughts or feelings.

"Fine... But I'll see you on Monday right?" he asked.

I hummed in response and turned away to start walking. I had my outfit on from last night but it looked like a reasonable outfit for a business women. So I wasn't as uncomfortable as before. Also I wiped off my makeup and cleaned my face before leaving so I didn't look weird and gross.

Once I got on the bus I realized how late it was. I must have really slept in since it was around two in the afternoon. I sat down on one of the seats for the bus back to campus and just let myself go deep into my thoughts.

I reached up and touched my lips. I kissed Baekhyun. And I really liked it. Did that mean I liked him? But I still loved Chanyeol. Though I'm trying so badly to move on from him. Maybe Baekhyun showed up at the right time. And when our lips touched, I didn't feel fireworks but I was just so incredibly happy to be close to him. 

Now I really have to talk to Chanyeol because I have officially made up my mind about him. I'm forgetting everything about him. I don't want him near me because he went behind my back and cheated on me. I hated how I was so calm about that subject. To be honest, I was so angry. I could punch a wall if I wanted to. My broken heart is now being glued back together by a certain convenience boy.

As I got off the bus, I was attacked by a certain boy who I was very close with. Luhan. He had ran up to me the minute I stepped off the bus and he pulled me away with him to the dorm rooms. How did he know I was on the bus? And that I would be getting back at this time? I was very confused.

We got into my room and he shut the door behind us. "I haven't talked to you in almost a week. You pretty much went AWOL on me and the rest of us except the girls. And last night I saw you leaving with that Baekhyun guy. Where did you guys go? Come on Junhee. I need answers from you. You used to tell me everything but ever since you and Chanyeol broke up, you have barely talked to us." he rambled off to me while not breaking eye contact. I was getting pretty intimdated by his stare that I had to look away from him.

"Things are different now Luhan. Haven't you seen?" I told him directly. "Our friend group only became our friend group was because Chanyeol and I were in a relationship. Now since we broke up, what's the point?"

I hated myself for what I just said. But I was still furious about the things Chanyeol did to me. Luhan didn't deserve anything I was saying to him.

"This isn't the Junhee I know. The Junhee I know is a funny, sarcastic, independent woman. But now, look at you, you don't even act like yourself. Yeah so what if you and Chanyeol broke up with you? I wouldn't have been your friend for three years if I didn't want to be around you. You've changed..." he side eyed me. 

"Well tell your best friend, Chanyeol, that because he is the reason why." I wanted to scream out the reason why I said that. I could grab my hair and just shout that I don't want to be around them was because Chanyeol had ing cheated on me and they don't know how much pain I go through every single time I sit at the cafeteria table with them. But no matter how close I was to saying this, I couldn't.

Luhan looked confused. I knew he wanted to what I meant by that. "You can tell me Junhee. What is the reason that you have been avoiding all of us?" he grabbed both of my upper arms with his hands. He slightly shook me to get the answers out.

"Because you are Chanyeol's friends and being around you reminds me of him and it hurts so much." I gave up and confessed after looking into Luhan's eyes and seeing pain. "I walk into the cafeteria and I see you guys sitting at our spot, laughing. If go sit there, my heart practically gets torn when I hear Chanyeol's laugh or even his voice because he hurt me Luhan. He hurt me so much." 

Then the cries came. Tears just spilled down my cheeks. I sobbed and wailed out. One word to describe me right now was: a mess. My eyes stung from the amount of tears that just kept coming out. Then they would slide down my face and I could taste the salty water. I had no control over what was happening now.

Luhan watched me. He knew that this was worse then when he saw me cry before. He just watched and I noticed his eyes glistening.

I grasped onto his shirt and fisted the fabric between my fingers in frustration. Luhan couldn't do anything now because I was finally getting everything out. My throat was hurting now from my sobs.

"Let everything out. Please." he croaked out because I was almost on my knees and bringing him down to the floor with me.

"I loved him! I thought I would spend the rest of my life with him! We would get married and have kids then eventually grown old together. I thought he was the one! But he... he... he cheated on me for two months!" I screamed out. Finally releasing all the demons that were built up instead of me.

I felt Luhan's strong arms wrap around me and pull me in for a tight hug. I used his shoulder to cry on as he did nothing but just sat there crying. I heard Luhan silently cry between my wails. 

What I was going to say though was the truth though. "Don't b-be mad at him though." Because I was still conflicted. I honestly can't make up my mind anymore. Even though he did what he did, Chanyeol was a great guy. 

 

~ * ~

 

I knocked on Chanyeol's dorm room that was only down the hall. I forced Luhan out of my room and had to bribe him with dinner tomorrow night so he wouldn't spill anything about what had just happened. As I waited, I felt a bit better after telling Luhan but when I tell Chanyeol what I am doing to tell him then a whole weight is going to be lifted off my shoulders. This was the closure I needed to finally break things off with Chanyeol.

The door opened and it revealed Chanyeol in his pajamas. He must be recovering from the party last night. "Hi." I said.

"Junhee. Haven't seen you in awhile? I think since I asked you for another chance." I can't tell the expression he had when he said that but I quickly brushed it off.

"Can I come in and talk?" I asked, hoping that I wouldn't have this conversation with him in the hallway. He nodded and opened the door for me to walk in.

I haven't been in his room for so long. But I still remember every detail about it. It was a mess. A total disaster and I always use to bug him to clean up after him instead of me doing it. Though he said he would but never did it.

"It's been a month since I asked you. Now you're here to say that you won't give me another chance, right?" Chanyeol spoke when I was looking at his picture wall. 

When I scanned all the photos, I realized that he didn't take any down of us. All the photos we took together at the beach or in the park or at Christmas were still up there where they have always been. That was going to make everything ten times harder.

"You said when you broke up with me that you had the thoughts of marrying me, right?" I didn't bother to face him incase I start to cry. Even if I had any tears left in me.

"We were together for three years... of course I had thoughts of marrying you. I even went out with my dad one day during summer break to look at rings for you. I was planning on proposing to you the day we graduated." he said in a hopeful voice.

My heart ached. He really did have the same thoughts of me. "What made you cheat though? If you were thinking of marrying me then why did you go behind my back and sleep with somebody else then come back to me at night and sleep in my bed?"

I heard him sigh. "I don't know. I only broke up with you because I knew what I did was wrong. I felt horrible for cheating on you that I had to break up with you because I felt so guilty. I got together with that girl like three times over the span of those two months. I just don't know what came over me. I had no feelings for her and didn't even want to talk to her. Though when I realized when I didn't have you in my arms that I made the worst decision I have ever made. I never wanted to break up with you because I still love you but I thought I had to because I cheated on you. If only you could forgive me. I promise to never cheat on you again." he pleaded to my back that was facing him.

"You know, when I saw you with that girl kissing at my tournament I didn't even believe my eyes. And when you said you wanted to break up with me, I went into denial. I didn't believe you until I had to actually ask you. You broke my heart and I can never forgive you for what you did to me. You said that you starting going to that girl because I was busy with volleyball but I have to focus on volleyball, it's the reason why I'm even getting an education. You know that! So I'm here to say that I will never give you a second chance because you don't deserve one." I crossed my arms and turned to face him, looking him in the eyes. I had to show so much confidence.

"I cried too many tears over you. I'm done with our relationship but I do hope that we can still be good friends, for our friends."

 

~ * ~