Mistakes Were Made

Convenience Store Boy

 

~ * ~

 

I wasn’t a clubber. More of a house party person. I like places where I could just stand or sit and talk to some friends. No matter what, my friends were always near me. Clubs were filled with gross guys who anything they could get their hands on. The bathrooms had so many diseases in them that I didn't even dare to go in there no matter what. All the girls wore tight dresses that barely even covered anything. So why was I here? I don’t know.

“I think this is the first time in over a year that you came out with me and my other friends.” Sehun said as we were waiting in line to get in. It was a nice enough night to not wear a jacket and I was surprised because it was early in October. I had on a black dress that was actually mine this time. With my black pumps, I thought I was dressed up enough so I barely put on makeup and didn't really do anything to my hair either.

I shrugged my shoulders. “I need to get out and clear my head… preferably with alcohol.”

“Why? Did something happen that I don’t know about?” Sehun wrapped an arm around me and kept me close to him because he must have noticed other guys eyeing me down.

My lips formed into a thin line. “I kind of want to forget about it.”

Sehun nodded and said he understood. Once we were finally in the club, I couldn’t hear anything except for the bass blasting out of the speakers. Sehun removed his arm from around me but instead held my hand tightly as he led me through the crowds of people so we could find his friends. All I knew was that they were in the VIP section because apparently one of Sehun's friends was super rich.

We got past the bodyguard for the VIP room and then I was met with four familiar faces that I only met a few times at parties and stuff like that.

“Hey guys. I hope you don’t mind that I dragged Junhee along with me.” Sehun let go of my hand and walked over to his friends. I simply smiled until one of them came to me.

“Do you remember me?” his smile was too precious. I could pinch his cheeks but his distinctive accent wasn’t hard to miss.

“Of course, I do. You’re Yixing, right?” I eyed him, sarcastically.

He nodded and laughed. Yixing then led me to the seats where on the table in front of US was bottles of liquor. “Care for a shot?”

“Yes please.” I eagerly said wanting to start forgetting about earlier today.

Yixing took one of the whiskey bottles and poured a shot for both of us. Then we grabbed our shot glass and on the count of three, we took the shot together. When the alcohol went through my system, it felt so good.

“Woah there slugger. You are already taking shots without us?” Sehun teased both Yixing and I.

The two of us chuckled and started pouring more shots for the rest of them. 5 shots for everybody. Again on the count of three with all took the shot of whiskey together. This one burned down my throat but it felt so good. Like a weight was finally being lifted from my shoulders. The feeling of weightlessness.

 

~ * ~

 

I had a total of 3 guys touch my before I gave up on keeping track. After a few dances I would go back to the VIP room and have another drink then go out again. Everything was paid for by Joonmyun, Sehun's rich friend.

I think it was around 1AM when I started feeling dizzy. It wasn’t because of my hypoglycemia but just being drunk. I wanted to find Sehun and give him a hug because I was having so much fun. Why didn’t I come out dancing more often?

My phone had been buzzing all night from text messages from Gaeun and Aerin asking me where I was. I didn’t tell anybody about me going out so they were probably wondering if I wanted to have a sleepover or something but I didn’t bother to read on further. Chanyeol had called me almost three times and left two voicemails. I was tempted to call him but I couldn’t. He would just come and get me.

All of a sudden, a hand grabbed on to my shoulder and spun me around. I was happy to see it being Sehun, who was smiling widely at me.

“A girl asked me to her apartment. Will you be good to get back to the dorm rooms by yourself?” he half slurred and half yelled into my ear.

Of course I was fine. I could still walk and all it was basically just to go to the bus stop outside the club and ride it till I was at the school. Plus I was happy for Sehun getting some action. He was a good kisser. Any girl would be lucky to take him to her apartment.

“Go! And have fun!” I winked, drunkenly. And he planted a sloppy kiss on my cheek and went off into the crowd to that girl he was going to hook up with.

I wobbled back to the dance floor and started to dance. I wasn’t a good dancer but pretty much everybody wasn't when they were drunk so I wasn’t the worst one out there. Although I found some girls that I have never met and they started to pull me into their little circle and let me dance with them. They were so nice.

After a bit of dancing with them, I was pulled by the waist by a guy and he started grinding against me while I swayed my hips to the beat of the music playing.

This happened to me quite a bit tonight but this  time I actually seemed to enjoy it. He wasn’t too rough with his grip and I could feel his warm breath against my neck. I didn’t want to turn around because it was too good to be true.

The next thing I know is that I felt soft, delicate lips connect with my neck. He lightly but just in the right spot for me to let out a soft, inaudible moan. It felt so good. I needed to know who this guy was. So I spun around in his hands to face him. I wrapped my arms around his shoulders and ran my fingers through his soft yet kind of sweaty hair. I couldn’t see his face because of the darkness in the club but as long as he wasn’t weird. Or Chanyeol…

He brought his lips to my ear. “My place or yours?”

After that was a blur.

 

~ * ~

 

I remember the smell of alcohol in his kisses. I remember him throwing me onto the bed then immediately pulled off my dress and undergarments. I remember soft moans but hard s. I remember clawing at his back as I hit my . I remember him singing softly into my ear before I fell asleep in his arms.

 

~ * ~

 

My headache wasn’t as bad as my women area felt. I was sore and groggy as the rays of sunlight had shined through the curtains of my bedroom.

But the thing is that my curtains completely block out the sun. Even if they didn’t… my room gets the sunset not the sunrise. So I rubbed my eyes and tried to focus in on where I was. Was I in Sehun’s dorm room? But he went home with that girl.

As I sat up, I noticed an arm draped around me. It wasn’t my arm. My eyes followed to who the arm had belonged to.

My eyes widened and I scurried away from him as fast as possible. Or as far as I could before I fell out of his bed onto the floor. I made a loud thud that could easily wake anyone.

I watched in horror when he moved a little. I thought I was safe until I saw him rub his eyes and sit up. His bed head was in every direction. His soft… dirty blonde hair.

He looked around until he saw me on the floor staring up at him like he was a serial killer, ready to attack me.

“Oh no.” he said in shock.

My words exactly.

I never realized until now that I was . for him to see me in all my glory. He saw everything and now I couldn’t hide it.

I was humiliated. How could I go home with him?

I tried to get up without him seeing and went straight for my dress that was on his chair near his desk. He just silently watched me as I got dressed and then I bolted out of his room and down the stairs where I heard the sizzling of bacon. I had to get through the kitchen to leave the house so I had to do the walk of shame in front of his roommates.

I kept my head down while I walked past them. I knew they were staring at me.

“Hey, you’re the girl who puked on Baekhyun!” someone pointed out. I immediately recognized that voice. I turned my head to see shirtless boy… still shirtless by the way

No no no. I can’t have this happen to me.

“Why were you upstai--....? Ohhhhhhhh.” He winked at me and the other roommate in the room snickered at me causing me to go beat red. Redder than a tomato.

I ran and grabbed my heels at the door and just booked it out of that cursed house. Nothing good happens to me in that stupid house of his.

First I throw up at their party. Then I have an anxiety attack when I went back to his house.

Now I just had a one night stand with Byun Baekhyun.

 

~ * ~

 

Walking through a university at noon on a Saturday while wearing a clubbing dress and holding your high heels is a pretty good way to get attention from everyone walking by you.

But I wouldn’t suggest it. I wanted to cover my face with a paper bag. I was so embarrassed.

When I finally got to my dorm room, I took the longest shower and scrubbed every little bit of the club off of me. This hot shower felt good on my sore body though and it helped a lot with my hangover. Then when I got out, I wrapped myself in my robe and put my hair in a towel. Falling back onto my bed, I grabbed my phone and went through all my missed messages.

 

 

 

I groaned and mentally smacked myself… How could I be so stupid? After my text messaged I went into my missed calls and was really surpised.

Yixing: 7 missed calls.

Gaeun: 3 missed calls.

Sehun: 4 missed calls.

Aerin: 7 missed calls.

Baekhyun: 2 missed calls.

Chanyeol: 12 missed calls.

 

I went into my voicemail and listened to who sent me a voice message.

 

Chanyeol:
"Hey Junhee. I’m sorry about what I said earlier today. But I have been thinking long and hard… and I’m telling the truth. I want to get back together and hopefully you will give me a second chance."

 

Chanyeol:
"Aerin just text me asking me if I was with you? Are you okay? I’m kind of getting worried. Call me back when you get this."

 

Aerin:
"Seriously, we have been trying to get a hold of you for the past 5 hours. I’m scared that something happened to you. Please call me as soon as possible."

 

Baekhyun:
"I know you probably don’t want to talk to me but again, I’m sorry. I was really drunk last night and I think you were too. Please just let me know if you got back to your dorm safely."

 

Sehun:
"I’m going to kill you, Junhee. I have been getting so many text messages from Chanyeol asking if I was with you last night and I don’t know what to tell him. As long as you don’t tell him I let you come clubbing with me then he won’t be angry at neither of us."

 

I had no clue what to do. I didn't want to talk to anyone. I was so humiliated by what happened last light. I barely remember anything. I just went home with the first guy who asked and it turned out to be Baekhyun? I didn't even recongnize him. 

I knew I wanted to get drunk and forget about what happened with Chanyeol yesterday but now I want to drink to try and forget about what happened with Baekhyun. I swear I'm not an alcoholic.

With midterms in the two weeks, I didn't have to worry about volleyball because we were taking a break to study then returning again afterwards to get ready for nationals. So that helped with all my problems that were on my shoulder.

Trying to forget about everything, I was getting hungry and I should get something quick. So I got out of my robe and changed into a hoodie and a pair of sweatpants. I ran the brush through my hair quickly and grabbed my keys with my student card.

I had to walk across campus but I'm pretty sure nobody would recongnize me from this morning. The campus was pretty dead for a Saturday afternoon especially when it was close to midterms. They were all probably in the library studying, which I should be doing. I'll start tomorrow.

I headed into the cafeteria and got some chicken and fries then waited in line to pay with my student card. The cool thing about being on a full scholarship for being on a sports team is that I get food covered for me too.

Then I walked to an empty table and just sat and ate by myself. 

"Where the hell were you?" Aerin suddenly showed up in front of me while I was eating. The look on her face screamed anger. She scared me so much that I almost choked on my food.

Then Gaeun stood next to her with her hands on her hips. She reminded me of my mom when I would come home late at night during high school. Gaeun was terrifying me with her glare. "We were so worried. The last we saw of you yesterday was when you stormed out of the cafeteria then Luhan told Chanyeol to follow you and apologize and that was the last we heard of you two."

"So we wanted to take you out to dinner to help you feel better but we couldn't get a hold you of. Chanyeol didn't know where you were and neither did anybody else. So tell us, where were you?" Aerin sat down on one of the chairs in front of me then stole a fry from my plate.

"I made a huge mistake." I uttered out. "I don't know what to do guys." 

I didn't want to cry in public but I was so overwhelmed with everything.

Gaeun sat next to me and rubbed my back in a soothing motion. "What happened?"

"I had a one night stand." I was so ashamed from what words left my mouth. "Chanyeol wanted to get back together. I was upset and needed to clear my head so I went out drinking and dancing with Sehun. Then I met a guy there and I don't remember anything and I woke up in his bedroom, ."

Aerin's jaw was left hanging open. "Are you okay? Did you know the guy? What if he was a creep and he hurt you?" she rambled off.

But he wasn't a creep. Baekhyun wasn't weird and he didn't hurt me. I remembered him singing afterwards and it was so soothing that it put me to sleep. I just remembered bits and pieces from last nignt and his singing must have stood out. Thought I don't know the song he sang.

"I'm okay but I knew the guy." I mentioned, trying to finish my food as fast as I could. "It was Baekhyun."

"What? Are you ing kidding me?" Gaeun said in disbelief. 

"Atleast it wasn't a crazy guy." Aerin tried to reassure me. "But let's rewind for a second. Chanyeol wanted to get back together? Why didn't you say yes? I had a feeling you guys still liked each other."

It wasn't that simple though, they didn't know he cheated on me for two months. I still loved him but he said to me that he lost the love he had for me. Confusing, he was just confusing. What if we got back together and he cheated on me again? I would just never talk to him again.

"It's not that simple." I told them leaning against the back of the seat.

"Well we are here for you. And next time, text us back or call us when we try and get a hold of you." Gaeun furrowed her brows at me.

I chuckled, "Okay mom."

 

~ * ~

 

I groaned and got up from trying to do some studying at my desk. Before opening the door, I quickly looked in the mirror and checked how I looked. I don't know why I did it but since he saw me I just feel like I have to look good for him. I hated it.

I grasped the doorknob and slowly turned it until it clicked open and I pulled it open. In front of me revealed Baekhyun, with his usual snapback and with his glasses. He wore a hoodie with a pair of ripped jeans. It was the usual Baekhyun outfit. 

"I can't stop thinking about you and what happened last night." he didn't waste any time. A simple 'hello' would do instead of what he just said to me. "I was drunk and I made a stupid decision."

"Baekhyun. Let's just forget about everything that happened. We were both stupidly drunk and didn't know what was happening." I told him.

"That's the thing. I can't forget..."

 

 


authours note; I'M SO SORRY. I WAS SUPPOSED TO UPDATE LAST NIGHT but my parents took my son for the night and let me and my boyfriend to go to a party with our friends. they surprised me and i was going to post this after i put my son to bed but i didn't get to put him to sleep because i was treated to dinner and everything by my boyfriend.

so again, i'm sorry!! oh and my sons birthday is in a couple days and he is turning two! 

happy new year too! thank you all for liking this story and commenting! thank you krxsnayanti, fei_lin, imtaniot, saturdayx, yana7576, superdupper, and hellcorrespondence for upvoting the story!!