Epilogue

Spontaneity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

4 months later

Mijoo turned to her side view and checked herself out in the full body mirror that hung conveniently behind her dressing room closet. She was in her undergarments preparing to get squeezed into her wedding dress. She smiled softly at her reflection and rubbed her growing belly. A million thoughts were going through her head at this moment and she was standing there, processing every thought thoroughly.

"Hey, little one...It's your eomma, from the outside world. I know I may seem cool on the outside, but inside, you can probably tell I'm kind of nervous..a good nervous. Are you ready to watch mommy and daddy get married today? I wish you could see it, little one..." Mijoo said quietly to her soon-to-be baby with teary eyes and a small smile.

Just then, she heard three knocks from the other side of her dressing room and a muffled voice say, "Mijoo, it's your eonni, can I come in?"

Mijoo grabbed a robe in the closet and began putting it on as she was saying, "Ne, eonni."

Eunji came in through the other side of the door and closed it behind her. She turned around and saw Mijoo finishing putting on her robe and bringing her hands to her tummy wearing a worried expression on her face. She pranced towards her younger sister and looked in the mirror as well, taking note of her wet eyes.

"Wahh, look at you," Eunji said with a smile that made her smile.

"You're glowing, are you sure you didn't do your makeup already~ ?" Eunji asked rhetorically, placing both of her hands on either one of Mijoo's shoulders. Mijoo looked at Eunji and laughed at her geeky sister's jokes. She always loved seeing her sister smile because she had a smile that could fix everything. As kids, they didn't share moments such as this one that often. Their mother denied every opportunity for them to do such a thing. Their childhood was coming back to Mijoo and she looked down, trying her best not to break down. Mijoo touched one of Eunji's hands on her shoulders and took a deep breath, trying to think of something else. "Eonni...how did you know Hoya was the one?"

Eunji laughed and led Mijoo to the couch to continue her story.

"Well..he was different. Not the cliche different, but he was different. He was very goal oriented and knew what he wanted and prioritized well. Not to mention, he was such a gentleman, and didn't treat me any different from any other person just because I was his girlfriend. I liked that. And then after years of living together and being a couple, I just realized that he was someone I could see a future with-- someone who I could see being the father of my children. I just listened to my gut and knew it was the right choice to marry him. You should always listen to your gut when it talks to you because it's usually right. Also, we were together forever so I just thought it was fitting to get married," Eunji exclaimed to Mijoo, unintentionally smiling. She caught herself and snapped at Mijoo after realizing how sketchy the question was.

"Wae, wae?! You don't think Mark is the one? HMM?! Then why are you marrying him today??" Eunji teased Mijoo by nudging her arm and speaking in a deep, goofy voice.

"Pabo! Of couse I do, otherwise I wouldn't be sitting in here, 4 hours before I have to wear a veil and say.." Mijoo paused. It finally hit her that she was going to get married

"Before I say....I do.. "

There was a brief pause before Mijoo continued on remembering how quck Eunji was to catch on to stuff like this.

"Why wold you joke about something like that at a time like this eonni?! ....aish--PABO," Mijoo yelled and hit her arm playfully.

They both shared a laugh together. "You know, Mijoo, I am so proud of you. I don't know how we managed to do it after all these years. I know our childhood wasn't anything typical. And it wasn't anything pleasant either, but it made us stronger people. Damn, how did we manage to find men who could put up with us, hm?" Eunji tried lightening the mood with that last part and chuckled.

"You know what's weird? After how much of a monster she was to us, I kind of wish she was here today to see this. She did do those things when we were kids and all, but she's still our mom," Mijoo said, resting her head on Eunji's shoulder then grabbing a hold of her arm. Eunji rested her head on top of hers as well and patted Mijoo's hand on her lap. The two shared a comfortable silence for a few moments until--

*KNOCK, KNOCK, KNOCK*

"Come in," Mijoo yelled.

The door flew open and in came the rest of the bridesmaids: Baby Soul, Kei, and Hani.

"Come on you beautiful piece of -- we gotta beat your face up, kill your hair, squeeze you into this gorgeous white dress and walk you down the aisle in about three and a half hours. Chop, chop, let's move with a purpose ladies," Hani said emerging out of the blue, carrying a plastic bag cover that concealed her wedding gown. Hani handed the dress to Kei who hung it up in the closet to avoid wrinkles. While the bridesmaids were setting up the makeup vanity and hair styling items, the sisters were laughing as they were both anticipating one hell of a wedding. Just as their life wasn't normal, neither would be this wedding. Eunji kissed the crown of Mijoo's head and got up, reaching a hand out to her baby sister.

Baby Soul pointed a finger at Mijoo and signalled her to go towards her so they can get her ready to be Mark Tuan's bride, which she had no objection to.

"I'll be right back, I'll check up on the boys," Eunji yelled out loud so she could be heard through the hectic scenery before her eyes.

"Yeah, whatever, grab something to munch on on your way back, thanks, love you mom, MUAH," Hani yeled back without even turing around to acknowledge who said that. Eunji laughed and placed a hand on the doorknob. Her laugh settled into a faint, yet pleasant smile as she put her faith and trust into her Mijoo's friends to prepare her for her big day. She twisted the door knob and stepped out into the hallway, closing the door behind her. She heard the faint conversationg that emerged from the girls' loud conversations and laughter from behind the door between Mijoo and her bridesmaids best friends. Looking back at their past and seeing where they are now brought tears to Eunji's eyes. She continued down the hallway with a smile knowing that Mijoo was in good hands.

•••

 Meanwhile...

"BROTHAHHHH!" Jackson practically yelled at Mark once he walked inside of the dressing room and gave him a bone crushing [manly] hug.

"Dudeee, you're going to be a husband AND a dad, pretty much at the same time!" Leave it to Jackson Wang to create atmosphere.

"Alright man, I get it, don't break me before I even get to become either one of those," Mark choked out from Jackson's strangle. He let go and they both shared a good laugh.

The rest of his groomsmen came in, properly dressed for the occasion, ready to drop some because they looked spiffy as hell; everyone except for Mark. They wanted him to preserve his suit until the last minute so that way it would reduce the chances of it getting ruined.

Hoya was the best man somewhat because Eunji was the Maid of Honor, but nevertheless, Hoya was a good contender. The rest of the men were Jinyoung (Jr.) , Junsu, and Jackson.

"Guys, I just want to thank you for being here today, seriously it means a lot," Mark confessed mainly out of nervous jitters to Hoya and Jr., who seemed to be the only ones really listening to Mark at the moment. He wanted this day to be perfect for both him and Mijoo. After nearly 10 years of friendship and about 4 years of actual dating, who can blame him if he wanted this day to be something worth showing his child[ren] some day.

"You know we wouldn't miss it for the world," Jr., one of Mark's closest friends from high school, said while patting Mark's shoulder. "You're our guy. Probably one of the most mature out of all of us anyway," said Hoya. And just then, Jackson threw a pillow at Junsu. who took it and threw it back. Then all of a sudden they all started throwing pillows at each other and running around the dressing room, looking like animals, yelling things at each other that we can hear in the background:

"NO CHEATING MAN WTF!!"

"YOU'RE SUCH A SORE LOSER--"

"JUST BECAUSE YOU WERE IN THE ARMY--"

"SHUT UP!"

Hoya, Jr. and Mark laughed at the background noise commotion going on in the room by the other two.

"I probably should break them up," Jr. said fleeing to the rescue.

"I know you're ready to be a loving husband and father. It takes a lot for someone to be tied down to that and hold on to someone who has a life like Mijoo's. You're a good guy, Mark. I approved of you the first time Mijoo introduced you to us," Hoya lectured. Mark stared at Hoya with a blank expression at the last part.

"Hold up-- you didn't even like me when we first met though!" Mark said. Hoya busted out laughin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter