Fifteen

Spontaneity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author's POV

 

“Do you have everything, Mijoo?” Mark yelled from inside the walk-in closet of the couple’s hotel room. Mijoo zipped up her suitcase and puffed out a sigh. “Yes, my love,” she yelled back. “Mark walked out of the closet with a suitcase of his own and propped it up right next to Mijoo’s. He walked up to Mijoo and pulled her head to his chest, embracing her as if it were the last day of his life.

 

“Mark-ah~” Mijoo said muffled in Mark’s chest while laughing and trying to pry herself out of his tight hug.

“Can you call me that more often, please? It’s so damn cute, I can’t help but want to give you a kiss or hug or both,” Mark confessed with a proud grin plastered on his face while distancing himself from her, giving her air to breath in. She play slapped his arm and gave him a short, yet sweet peck on his lips.

 

"Just hurry up and pack," Mijoo said playfully.

 

 

The couple grabbed all of their belongings and started to roll out of their hotel room carrying their baggage and their memories of their first vacation in years. Mijoo walked out first with her carryon and suitcase and Mark followed behind. Just before he closed the door, he took one last look around the room, drowning his mind in the memories that were created. From their first day here, to Mijoo’s announcement of her pregnancy and morning sickness, her late night cravings and mood swings, to their enchanted moments in bed, Mark took it all in, savoring even the pattern of the bed sheets. There won't be another vacation or trip like this any time soon because of the baby coming along and the amount of work that needs to be done. Mark smiled to himself and remembered the surprise he had in store for Mijoo.

 

“Babe?” A small voice said, breaking Mark’s concentration. “Did you forget something?” Mark smiled wider at the thought of everything that happened within these couple weeks and chuckled at the response he was about to give. “No, I wouldn't forget a thing,” and smiled as he closed the door and intertwined his fingers with his beautiful girlfriend’s while walking down the hallway to the elevator.

 

●●●

 

“Breaking News from Andong Weather and  News Station, this is an important message for locals and travelers,” most everyone in the lobby including our favorite couple, stopped and turned their head to the multiple televisions the hotel had in its lobby. “All modes of public transportation except airlines will be closed for the next 18 hours due to a forest fire said to have started by the lightning from the storm that occurred this morning. Emergency officials are working hard to ensure that travelers will get to their destination as soon as possible. Until then, stay safe Andong. Updates will be frequent,,” the news reporter woman said on the TV.

 

“This is just great. Not that I’m excited to leave, but I was just ready to leave! I know I don’t make sense right now, but my feet are starting to hurt and I’m feeling nauseous again, and I’m hungry--MARK I’M HUNGRY,” Mijoo huffed out with annoyance and grabbed on to her boyfriend’s arm while whining loud enough for the elderly couple to turn their head around a few feet away from them. Mark just laughed at how adorable his needy girlfriend was being and kissed her forehead befor

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter