Sixteen

Spontaneity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

* 5 months before the present *

It was 2:00 PM on a lazy Saturday afternoon with Mark and Mijoo.

"Yeobo~"

"Hmmm?"

"What do you think about kids?"

"Hmm. I'd love to be a dad one day *chuckles*.....wait, are you pregnant???"

" *laughter* No, yeobo, I was just asking. I mean, who knows what will happen in the future. We don't even have enough money for another mouth to feed, how are we going to take care of a little one of ours if we can barely take care of ourselves?"

"Don't worry about that, babe. I will always be by your side and be the best boyfriend ever, and maybe in the future, who knows, maybe the best dad ever?"

 

 

Mark stopped walking in the middle of a slightly populated area where guests could sit and chill out for a while and took a deep breath. 

Mijoo stopped her rambling and stopped a couple feet away from Mark. She turned around and tilted her head in confusion.

"Something wrong, my love?"

 

 

* 6 months before the present *

Mijoo started coughing her lungs out and held her head in her hands.

"Something wrong, my love? You've been coughing since I got home yesterday," Mark asked looking away from the computer he was working on.

"While you were gone, I guess someone at the clinic got me a little sick, no big dea--" Before Mijoo could finished her sentence, she started coughing again.

"Don't you have to take medicine, then?"

"I don't want to," she replied like a baby

"Then what do you want, babygirl?"

Mijoo sat up and reached her arms out in front of her like a child towards Mark, pouting slightly, eyes closed.

Mark chuckled and got up from his desk to climbe into bed with poor little Mijoo. He cradled her in his arms and pulled the blanket over them.

She snuggled up againts his chest and wrapped her arms aroud his torso, embracing his warmth. "You'll get better, babygirl. Don't worry."

He rubbed her back and her hair until she fell asleep and in the process, fell into a cozy slumber as well after assuring her it going to be alright.

 

 

Mark took his hands out of his pockets and signaled Mijoo to come towards him.

"Okay weirdo, what's going on. Were you even listening to me this whole time?"

Mark grabbed both of Mijoo's hands and pulled her even closer. Mijoo furrowed her eyebrows and waited for Mark to respond. Her expression became more curious by the second until Mark chuckled slightly. Now she was even more confused.

"Sorry, babe, I just have butterflies right now," Mark said smiling at her with his million dollar smile.

"Okaayy...?" Mijoo asked dragging out her words and cocking an eyebrow at her boyfriend.

"Do you remember the first time we met?"

 

 

*9 years ago from the present*

"Mijoo! YAH! Where are you going?!" One of Mijoo's classmates and best friend, Soojung (Baby Soul), yelled from the classroom to a fleeing Mijoo.

Mijoo turned around, but was still walking backwards with a toothy grin on her face as she was waving to her best friend, "Sorry, Soojung! I have to go, let's go out another day!" Then Mijoo ran off to her locker downstairs,

"Aigoo, that girl, but it's her birthday today. What is she doing?" Soojung said to herself, knowing very obviously that Mijoo was nowhere within ear reach to hear her.

•••

Mijoo grabbed her bookbag once she was done changing and proceeded to exiting the school. She looked out the window wherethe sky was turning gray and the sun hid behind the clouds. Just then, water started trickling from the sky slowly, then all at once.

"Aish-- why today of all days?" Mijoo said through her clenched teeth. She pulled out her clear umbrella, strapped her bookbag on, and was off to the bus stop where it would take her to the district to find herself a job.

•••

"Sorry, you are too young--"

"Too short--"

"Not enough experience...or none at all, really--"

"I apologize, you don't have any experience--"

"Maybe try down the street, they might have an opening for you--"

"We don't need people for this position, maybe try again when you're 18--"

Mijoo spent the past 3 hours trying for a job and found no luck. She bought a small lunchbox from a street stand and sat on the curb under a panel to avoid the wetness of the rain. She set her umbrella to the side and began to eat in sadness and disapointment. She started tearing up at the fact that she got rejected by every single shop she entered. Taking this as an opportunity to take a break, she pulled out her phone a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter