Twelve

Spontaneity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Author's POV

"Well maybe if you had told your group I was coming, this wouldn't have happened now would it?!"

"You know what, I'm not the problem this time--I'm never the problem, as always, but I always take the blame!"

"Oh really? Really?! Well let's see, how about that time where--"

"That doesn't count--EVER. And you know it!"

"Oh, please! You know it's just as bad, Jackson!"

-

"Why is it so hard for you to tell me how you're feeling?"

"…"

"See this is exactly what I'm talking about! Sometimes, I wish you would tell me instead of showing me. Never thought the day would come where those words would come out."

"..Mijoo…"

"I'm not saying I'm sick of it, but damn can I get 100 words out of your mouth in a day?! I'm not psychic. I can't read your mind."

"Sometimes I just have nothing to say."

"Yeah and sometimes I don't either."

•••

Kei sat on the curb trying to block out the two pairs as they argued away over what happened over dinner. It all started when they all sat down…

 

*flashback*

Kei ran up to Mijoo and squeezed the life out of her then pulled Mark and Hani in as well for a group hug. Kei was obviously more ecstatic than others, but that's just how she is naturally. They all sat down, but Hani was the only one standing, giving an uncomfortable smile and chuckle.

"Um…where's my seat? Jackson?"

Jackson looked up from his spoon and his eyes travelled up to his girlfriend's annoyed face in suspense.  He knew what was coming to him as soon as she opened . 'Dammit, I forgot to tell Kei that Hani was coming…' Jackson thought. Hani cleared and stood with her arms crossed over her chest and tapped her foot impatiently, glaring down at Jackson.

".ah-um--uhh WAITER, I THOUGHT I TOLD YOU TO GET ANOTHER SEAT 10 MINUTES AGO," Jackson yelled from across the room. Jackson did not indeed ask the waiter 10 minutes ago.

In no time, a waiter came to give Hani a seat at the head of the table, awkwardly.

"Psh..I swear, customer service is just not a top priority nowadays huh? Jackson said trying to cover his tracks  while taking a sip of water.

Kei gave a dumbfounded look from behind her menu and just shook it off. She knew he was lying, but she knew how much pride he had, so she didn’t bother adding more fuel to the fire.

Mijoo, Kei and Hani used the restroom as soon as they ordered their food and it was the guys that were left to chit-chat.

"Damn, man. It's been like, what, 2 years for you two? I don't know how you could handle being tied down for that long, bro," Jackson told Mark with a laugh.

Mark chuckled back and replied, "It's been about 2 years, but honestly, I feel like it's been longer than that. I don't know. Up until about a week ago, we barely spoke to each other and it was just weird. If she hadn't scheduled this trip, I'm pretty sure we would have been over," Mark said with sad eyes. He sat back in his chair huffed out a sigh.

Jackson stared at his best friend and understood how important Mijoo was to him. He knew Mark had loved her since high school, but never had to balls to admit it, really. Just then, Jackson thought about something that amused him and he started laughing to himself.

"What?"

"Remember how we made a bet on who was going to marry

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter