3 - Little Presents

Promise me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~
~
27th November 2011
~
Baekhyun's POV
~
I have been awake since 5am, waiting for Chanyeol to wake up. The actual reason is that I want to be the one he faces today, wishing him 'Happy Birthday' first. In my opinion I think the first 'Happy Birthday' is the most important, specially when the person who wishes it didn't knew before that when your birthday is. I walked around in our room, my eyes adjusted to the darkness since we always close our curtains. I haven't been used to this but this actually is Chanyeol's habit which became mine now also. I already managed to pack his presents with silver paper and already laid them on his night table.
Chanyeol turned around to my direction and stretched his arms up. He's awake.
   "Yeollie-yah... Good Morning." I whispered, inside of me I just wanted to jump on him but on the other I didn't want to make him mad and just stayed cool for now.
   "Good morning... You are already awake?", he asked tired and opened one of his eyes carefully, facing me immediately, smiling.
I smiled back, answering:   "Mh, since it's your special day."
He laughed and pulled me down to his chest. I was able to hear his heartbeat and it was going crazy.   "You are so stupid hyung."
I gripped on his arms, giggling:   "Happy Birthday. Neh, there are your presents."
I tried pointing on them and he let go of me.
   "How did you know my birthday? I don't even know yours.", he picked the larger one, as expected, but then decided to open the little one first.
   "Secret.", I winked at him.   "Why did you pick the little one first?"
   "Because the little presents are filled more with love.", he blushed lightly while answering and I smiled a bit. He opened it and it has been the necklace. It had a silver color and the pendant had the form of a clef. Before he could say something, I explained:   "I got it because music is the key of our friendship, the reason we met and became friends. I want you to keep it, forever. No matter if our friendship breaks, whatsoever. Keep it. Promise me."
He stared at me, smiling wide after I finished my words. Our faces were close like never, then he hugged me.
  "I promise."
~
~
Chanyeol's POV
~
  "I promise."
Damn, Baekhyun is such deepthinking and I like it a lot. Another weakpoint of mine. This is so cute of him, I couldn't resist hugging him.
   "Chanyeol-yah, o-open the other presents too!", I heard Baekhyun stuttering.   "Oh, right."
I let go of him and as I started unpacking the large present, I looked at Baekhyun who had a noticable blush on his face which he tried to hide.
   "Why do you hide your face .", I laughed and saw a black facemask with a white bearnose and a blue-green-white checkered pilot hat.
   "Woah, Baekhyun-yah, h- Why do you spend such money for me?!", I put on the pilot hat straight away then putting my hair correctly which needs a haircut soon also.
   "This is all is even under 40.000₩ so stop complaining, elephant.", he laughed. "Now now, get ready. You heard SM wants to promote a new boy group?"
I looked at him with big eyes:   "You mean that I might get in?!"
He nodded, quite sad. He once told me that he was afraid of loosing me if a case like this should occur. I hugged him, again. By my size I always felt like I'm his bodyguard, his protection.
   "We'll see."

We went to the kitched together where the others gratulated me. The whole room was filled with laughter and 'Woah' as soon as I opened my presents. It didn't take long until a manager came over to us and pulled me out first.
   "A-Annyeonghaseyo.", I greeted her and she nodded at me.   "Happy 19th Birthday at first, Park Chanyeol. We want to promote a new boy group, called Exo. There will be twelve members in total and two sub units, Exo-K and Exo-M. Park Chanyeol, I can be proud of welcoming you as a part of Exo-K. Congratulations." She held her hand out to me which I grabbed in disbelieve.
   "T-This must be a misstake, right? Or am I dreaming?!", I almost shouted and I felt the eyes of Baekhyun, Junmyeon and Yixing in my eyes.
   "I have the honor to tell you that this is reality.", she smiled at me and gave me an info letter, then went off to go to Yixing and Junmyeon to tell them the same.
Junmyeon started crying, Yixing also but not as hard as Junmyeon. I understood Junmyeon, he was training for about six and a half years now. We hugged each other but Baekhyun just stood there with mixed feelings.   "Congratulations, really, you deserve this.", I saw how he wiped a tear away, one hundred percent because he was disappointed. Mad at SM that he actually had to go on like this until they would promote another boygroup. That was the reason Why I wasn't happy actually. I wet to him and was the first one crying into his fresh washed hair, not of happiness, because I was sad.
Baekhyun seemed confused, hugged me back after realizing and also started crying. We didn't care about the people around us right now, it felt like it has been only us.
   "B-Baekhyun-yah...", I cou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter