1 - Channie

Promise me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~

<31.12.2000>

~

There once was a boy, walking around on a cold winter day. He felt that this day has to be a special day, since it has been snowing and it was the last day of this year. He wanted to make it a habit walking around on his own of the last day of every year, until he dies. But as soon as he finds the love of his live, he surely will walk with it around. His glasses were all wet from the falling snow and his black bangs were sticking on his forehead. Not far away from him, he saw another boy about the same age as him. He walked towards this boy, he wanted to know why he's standing around here. As soon as he came closer, he noticed that the boy held a puppy in his hands. He seemed to stand at the same spot for hours since there were no other footprints around, the new fallen snow erased any trace.

   "A-Annyeonghaseo...", he said and the boy with the puppy looked at him with big eyes. He was a little bit chubby and his black hair was already freezing onto his face. But as soon as he looked into his eyes, he was amazed. He didn't exactly know what was so special about them, but he will keep those eyes in his memory.

   "Annyeonghaseo.", he answered back with a shivery, but clear voice. "W-What are you doing here?"

   "I just wanted to ask the same. I have never seen you here before.", he giggeled. He buried his shoes with the snow below his feet, he was always doing this.

   "I moved here about one week ago..."

   "Why do you have a puppy with you?"

   The boy looked down with a sad expression, holding the little light-brown puppy tighter.   "I need to find a person who can adopt it. My mom got it for me but my dad is allergic to dogs so..." A tear rolled down his face, then he started sobbing. The other boy didn't know what to do. He felt pretty sorry for him. It's like you have to give up a friendship or have to leave a beloved person. He patted his shoulders twice, looked into his eyes and flushed lightly.

   "I will adopt it. We actually wanted to get ourself a dog, so I think my parents will be ok with this!" The chubby boy's eyes sparkled due to the layer of water on his eyes, now he was crying again. Not because he was sad, it was because he was happy, like really happy.

   "Thank you so much! This means a lot to me!", he handed the puppy over to the boy infront of him.   "H-his name is... He.. He actually hasn't one.. May I ask what's your name?", he admited shyly. He played with the ears of the puppy, making them look like little wings.

   "Park Chanyeol, what's y--", Chanyeol got cut off by the other boy, saying proudly with a little touch of sadness:   "Let's call him Channie then. Is this name alright?"

   He nodded and smiled down to his new family member. Channie looked up to Chanyeol to his face that he had to giggle.   "Nice to meet you, Channie." The pre-owner of him turned around, sobbing because of relive and sadness, saying:

   "Let's meet again soon, Park Chanyeol. Promise me."   After those words, he left.

~

~

~

End of August, 2011

~

   "You are doing it wrong, Chanyeol! You are using the wrong leg, that's why you spin into the other direction!", a low annoyed voice said.

Right next to him was a tall young man, panting and sweating like never before. He his chin-long hair back so it won't lay in his face anymore.   "I'm sorry Jongin, I will do it right now."

Jongin sighed and sat down on the floor. He pulled Chanyeol with him, forcing him to sit down also.   "We better will stop now, otherwise you will overwork yourself. I know you are trying hard to improve since SM wants to form EXO, both of us want to be in."

Chanyeol started to play with his own fingers, making them crack one by one. He wanted to debut so badly, it already has been really hard to become a trainee here. It would be a pity if he won't be in EXO. If he wouldn't make it, he would leave and try something else, but he didn't know why. His only hobby was music. No, that's not it, it's his life.

Jongin laughed and punched him friendly.   "We will make it, I promise. Come on, let's get a snack." He got up and held his hand out to Chanyeol which he grabbed so Jongin could pull him up. While Jongin was picking up his stuff, Chanyeol looked into the mirror infront of him. His pitch black hair was standing out into every direction and his tanktop was all wet. His elf-like ears could perfectly seen since his hair isn't covering them.

   "Why can't we debut now?", he asked himself and Jongin shook his shoulders, saying nothing but pointing to Chanyeol's stuff which Chanyeol picked up and followed Jongin to the trainee's kitchen.

~

Not even thirty minutes passed and Chanyeol and Jongin were laughing about funny stories that once happened to themselfes. Jongin's laughter was like really crazy so Chanyeol always had to laugh with him until his stomach hurted. They got so much distracted that they forgot about their sandwiches they made for each other.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter