What are you doing to me?

Do opposite poles repel?

Na-Eun's pov

"Jung Hee make a wish!" her friends squealed. 

Jung Hee closed her eyes and stayed silent for a minute. She was quite pretty, now that i look closely at her. Then i looked at him. 

Their looks must run in the genes.. damn 

Jung Hee blew the candles and everyone clapped. 

"So what did you wish for?" one of her friends asked. 

"Hmm, i usually don't say my wish out loud but since my wish is for someone else, i wish that Jung Kook oppa will get a girlfriend soon!" she smiled deviously at her brother who was glaring at her from an arm's distance. 

Then suddenly everyone's attention was on me. 

"What? Is there something in my hair or on my face?" i touched my face and hair to confirm. Nothing. 

"You're oppa's girlfriend, aren't you?" 

My eyes widened and i grew red with embarrassment. Jung Kook seemed embarrassed too.

"N-no not even close..." the awkwardness level in the room right then was approximately close to infinity. 

Little did i notice a red head's disappointed look from a distance away. 

I don't know whether to thank the heavens or cry out loud but the lights suddenly flickered and it out. Shrieks and cries were heard from the girls and surprisingly, i found myself shocked and a little afraid too. I desperately tried swinging my arms around in mid-air, trying to look for something to grab onto.

I caught hold of something which seems like a hand. It was smooth yet i could feel the veins slightly popping out of the skin. Boney fingers interwined with mine and the thumb of that person was gently brushing the back of my hand, as if it was telling me to calm down. That person's hand was too big to be a girl's. I gulped. Thankfully nobody could see me... but then i realised 3 things that were dangerously obvious. 

One.

There were only 3 guys in this room 

Two. 

Jimin was standing quite far away from me when the lights went out. 

Three.

Tae Hyung was definitely sitting on the opposite side of the table with Ha Young by his side. 

So whose hand am i holding?

In the midst of all the screaming and confusion, the hand pulled me and i jerked forward. It led me into a room which smelled so familiar to me because of the scent of feint wood.  

This is his room.

Why did he take me here?

Almost as if he could read my thoughts, "relax gashinaya, i'm not trying to you or anything, just searching for a torch and it would be useful if you helped." 

He started searching persistently although it was really dark. I figured i should probably help him instead of standing there, not being of any use. After 10 minutes of searching, we found 3 torches, 1 which was spoilt and the other two were, to my relief, working and in good condition. 

"You stay here, i'll go on the lights. Will that be okay?"

I nodded and realise he probably can't see clearly enough in this darkness when he shined the torch at me. 

"Yeah, i'll be fine with the torch, now go save some asses."

I'm not sure but i could swear i saw his lips curve upwards.

------------------------------

I walked around in his room and started looking through his stuff. (i swear this is only out of curiousity and boredom) 

Quite a neat room for a guy...

He had lots of stuff, notebooks and textbooks, just like an ordinary teen, but with the exceptance of being bloody rich. Then, i shone the torch at the corner of his bed and saw a passport sized white paper on the floor. Curiousity pricked me, so i picked it up.

It wasn't a paper.

It was a photograph. It was a photo of Jung Kook and what seems like his ex.

They were smiling as if they had nothing else in the world except each other. 

And for some reason, it broke me. 

I didn't even realise i was crying until Jung Kook called my name and i hurriedly (and desperately) tried to wipe a tear that threatened to escape from my socket. 

"The electricity is back to norm- what's that you're holding?" i noticed the change of tone in his voice when he saw the picture i was holding. I turned around. The look on his face was almost as if his worst fears came true when he walked across his bedroom slowly to meet me. 

"Where, did you find this?" i shivered. His tone of voice was on a whole new level compared to the slight change i mentioned just now. 

"O-on the floor, at the c-corner of y-your bed." 

Silence pierced the air. I swear anyone could hear a pin drop at that moment. 

"Jung Kook, are y-you o-okay?" i tried to prompt the still figure.

Silence was all i received.

"Jung Ko-" he pushed my hand away from his shoulder and tore the picture into bits and pieces. 

No amount of words could describe how furious he was right now. It was like someone painted his face red and feeling aggravated was an understatement. 

I decided to gamble my audacity. 

"Is that your ex-girlfriend?" 

"Leave, now. I won't repeat myself." 

"Why won't you answer me? Are you afraid of reminiscing your past?" 

"I SAID LEAVE, NOW!" 

I was so shocked. Jung Kook might be 101% an , a jerk and a douchebag, but this is the first time in history he ever shouted at me. 

"Fine, i'll leave." i said as i ran out of the room, wiping my tears with the heel of my hands. I ran right out of his house, not stopping for a second to care about how people perceived me as.

Why do i feel as if it was him, who pierced an arrow through my heart? 

Why oh why do i envy her? 

It's almost as if it's a sin for feeling this way. 

I hate you, Jung Kook. 

And i hate myself even more. 

Jung Kook's pov

What the hell Jung Kook? What the hell...

I don't know what on earth could possibly be wrong with me at that point of time. I bloody swear to myself i had long forgotten Hana, but why did i act like this?

What more, in front of Na-Eun?

-----------------------------

Monday 

I was depressed. Well, not apparently but somehow... probably because of the incident that happened on Friday. I just can't stop thinking about her and i don't know what to do to make it better. 

Stop already Jung Kook!!! 

"Kookie! KOOKIE!!!!" 

Great, Jimin decides to strike.

"What do you want, Jimin?" i turned around to see Taehyung on a lollipop, both of them staring at me like i had an explanation to do. 

"Yah kid, it's Jimin hyung. HYUNG. Anyway, tell us, Jung Kook, what happened last Friday? She was crying. I mean, even a blind person can see that there's something wrong, so stop saying everything's alright. Spit it." 

I had totally forgetten that my two hyungs were there that night, not to mention a whole bunch of Jung Hee's girl friends...

I grabbed onto Jimin's shirt with my right hand and press my stomach with the other and groaned in pain. 

Jimin, being the innocent and naive "child" believed my actions and knelt down to get a better view of me, "YAH JUNG KOOK WHAT'S WRONG?" 

"I, I think i need the bathroom!" I stood up and momentarily staggered my way out of the classroom. I glanced at Taehyung. Unlike Jimin who had a terrified expression on his face, he didn't seem to buy my "stomachache story". I pretended to stagger and walk like an old man to the bathroom, letting out cries of pain until i was totally out of their sight. 

I went straight into the cubicle, put the toilet seat down, and sat on it. 

That was close. 

In the midst of trying to run away from them, i heard voices outside the cubicle, malicious ones.

"Damn! That girl sure looked appetizing!" 

"Oh shut up, i already got her picture printed out" i could hear him smirk. 

"Well, then let's see who'll get her first" 

Then both of the voices laughed mischieviously. 

"Let's take a look at that girl" they both jerked a little when the cubicle door slammed as i kicked it open.

It didn't take him seconds to react.

"Well, well, who's this? The infamous Jeon Jung Kook? Defending someone? Ha. Ha. Ha. How surprising!" Kwon Ji-yong, my former middle school classmate spoke sarcastically to me.

"Maybe he just wants the girl all to himself, Ji-yong! You never know what he's thinking about!" both of them chorused a laugh. 

In a swift second, i pinned the other guy, whose name i have yet to know, to the wall. My face inches from his. I tried to look intimidating as possible and spoke under my breath. It was almost a whisper.

"Maybe you should give me that photo, or you won't live to see the end of today." That guy was shivering under my grasp. I guessed it worked. He held up a palm-sized picture to me and i snatched it with my index and middle finger. 

What.......

"Oh, Jung Kookie, do you know her?" Ji-yong walked up to me and put a hand on my shoulder. 

I stiffened at his contact but remained still. 

"Perhaps, we could share her?" 

Without thinking, i slammed the guy whom i was grabbing into one of the cubicles and my fist flew right into Ji-yong's left jaw. 

He stumbled and fell backwards, one arm propping himself up, one arm holding his now, injured and swollen jaw. 

"Let me make this clear, Kwon Ji-yong," i walked to him, squatted down, and grabbed his collar. 

"You do not touch her, you do not hurt her or even talk to her. Because before you do that, you have to deal with me. Got it?" I was so mad i could feel a growl threatening to escape from my throat. 

"I won't let this" -Ji-yong pointed to his jaw- "happen to me again. You better watch your back." 

He got up, and left the bathroom, along with his accomplice. 

I slid down the wall looking at the picture. 

Why do i always seem to have to worry about you?

-----------------------------

Author's pov

For the past week, Jung Kook has been following Na-eun in secret no matter where she went. Be it the nearby cafe from her house to study or the mall, to shop for groceries, clothes and necessities. He never left her "alone" until she reached home and he hears her door lock. People would have thought he's her stalker, if it wasn't so obvious that he was avoiding her, yet at the same time protecting her. 

Following Na-eun became more like a responsibility than a duty. Every day after school, without fail, Jeon Jung Kook will follow her everywhere. Until one day, Ji-yong and his friend finally showed up in front of her. 

Na-eun was sitting in the neighbourhood park, with her earphones on, so she probably couldn't hear Ji-yong approaching her and Jung Kook was hiding behind the bush, which turned out to be full of ants and insects. He was busy trying to shoo them away, therefore he didn't notice Na-eun being dragged away by Ji-yong. When he looked up, she was nowhere to be seen. 

----------------------------

Jung Kook's pov

. !

Where did that girl go?!

I panicked like never before. Running around, desperately trying to find her, i caught a glimpse of Ji-yong's orange hair in a small alley right behind the convenience store. 

Stupid fool, dye your hair black next time if you don't want to be noticed so easily. Tch.

I made my way towards the alley, cautious of my every move. If he ever touches an inch of her, i swear i'd dig his grave in front of him. I had myself plastered to the wall at the corner of the convenience store so they couldn't see me. Thankfully, there was a rear view mirror, so that cars passing by either way wouldn't collide. I used that as my eyes. 

"Hi pretty lady, seems like your friend, Jung Kook isn't too happy with the idea of me going after you." 

"Jung Kook? W-what happened?" 

"Well, he beat me up" -Ji-yong pointed to his wound- "until i ended up like this." 

I didn't know i used so much strength, exaggerative much.

"So i am here today, to repay what he has done." 

"But w-why me? I'm not his sister or cousin o-or even related to him!" 

"Oh, trust me, he definitely sees you as more than a friend, sweet heart, you're his weakness." 

"What?" 

Then all i heard were screams. 

I ran to them and i saw him pinning her against the wall, caressing her cheek. Nothing ever motivated me this much to kick him in the balls. 

Those cheeks are mine to touch, er. 

"Oh look, speaking of the devil. I see you're her-" 

It was the first time i gave my best into hitting someone. I never had the urge to hurt someone so bad. I punched and kicked both of them so bad, and made sure they couldn't walk enough to catch up with us. 

Then, i took her hand and started running. 

-----------------------------

We stopped to catch our breaths. I felt as if my lungs were about to explode and my heart was beating rapidly. Little did i realise where i had ran towards, and she was actually here with me. We were a street away from my house. 

After about 2 minutes of catching of breaths, she looked at me, 

"Jung Kook, how did you know we were there?" 

think of something you idiot!

"I was somewhere around when i heard you scream" 

Okay, keep it like this.

"Oh, thanks for helping me today, i guess i owe you a lot more than i think i should." 

"N-no problem, anytime." 

...

The silence was deafening. 

"Jung Kook," 

"Na-eun," 

"You first" she laughed at our unision and nodded her head, telling me to say what i was about to say.

"Uhm, don't go home too late, always remember to lock your door before you go to bed. And," 

"And?" 

Stop being so attractive.

"N-nothing. Your turn" i sniffed and rubbed my nose with the back of my index finger.

"Right, firstly, thank you for the advices, i will take note of them. But i think i dropped my earring somewhere when those guys were dealing with me? And it's really important to me. Can we go back and find it?" 

Earring? 

From her ex?

"S-sure but let me see how it looks like first." 

She turned to her left and i saw them. 

Hey... i found those on the floor in my room last week, didn't i?

"Let's go then!" 

I grabbed her by her wrist and it seemed like i pulled her with too much strength.

Oops, too close.

"N-Na-eun ah... i think you dropped them at my house... because i found one exactly like yours under my bed, do you, er, wanna go get them?" 

I spoke as i looked into her lustrous eyes.

Her face turned pastel pink as she breathed onto my skin. 

"Alright, let's go." 

------------------------------

The night started to fall and it was getting colder and colder. 

I took off my blazer and put it around her. 

"Aren't you cold?" 

"No, i'm not, you can have it." 

It's ing freezing right here. 

And then it went back to silence. 

-------------------------------

Where did i put it... it was definitely here...

I searched and flipped all my stuff but i just couldn't find it. Almost all of my books piled messily on the floor. 

"Hey, Jung Kook it's okay, i guess you remembered wrongly afterall." 

She smiled slightly and her eyes smiled too. 

"N-no i d-definitely s-saw it..." i looked away and continued searching for it as she helped me stack my books back into place. 

"Ouch!" 

I turned around to find her holding her toe tightly. 

"Yah, what happened?!" 

"It's nothing, i just dropped one of those books on my own toe hehe..." she smiled sheepishly.

I ruffled her hair.

"Don't make me worry about you every single time idiot." 

It was when i turned around that i noticed what i did. 

What's wrong with me?

What are you doing to me?

"Hey Jung Kook, what's this....?" i snapped out from my thoughts and saw my worst fear come true. 

She was holding that picture. 

The worst thing is, i had never planned for her to. 

------------------------------

Author's Note:

This chapter has been delayed since forever. I'm sorry! But i don't think there are much readers anyway, but anyways, whoever's reading this, enjoy! School is finally starting for me, so i guess i won't be updating really often, but i will when i can!!! 

Cheers.

Peterabbit