Sick

Do opposite poles repel?

Jungkook's pov

It was a.. pretty busy week for me and i can't wait for this week to end already... I have dance practice with the hyungs on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays and extra classes from Monday to Wednesday afternoon so i was only free at night to practice on Monday and Wednesday. My only free day was Thursday and i usually use that day to study and catch up on my homework as final exams were coming. Well, a teenager's life basically...

As the bright light shone through the small holes of my window (which was not covered by the curtains) on my eyelids, i let out a groan, stretched my hands and woke up. "What time is it.." i turned over and glanced at my table clock. It was 12:22 pm. I staggered out to the living room, still half asleep. The house maid, Butler Kim greeted me "Good Morning- i mean afternoon Young Master, your parents have both went out on a business trip to Thailand and will be back in 10 days."

"Again? Hahah... It's not like i'm not used to it anyway" i felt angry and sad at the same time because during the weekdays i was always at school and hardly had any time to spend with my parents. Yet on the weekends they still work... technically they work 365 days a year. It has been like this since grandpa passed away. My dad took up my grandpa's business which he now calls his own. My mom is a CEO at a certain company. My sister is busy with Junior High. So i'm practically always alone...

I sighed and went to brush up and change my clothes and told Butler Kim i was going out and won't be home till night. I grabbed my earpiece, wallet and phone and headed out. I was feeling really down lately... Firstly, i still couldn't open up to people and make new friends... i guess it's partly because i find it hard to trust people whom i have yet to know. I know it isn't fair to them but i just can't help it... i don't want to get hurt again. Secondly, i feel that both my mom and dad are always too busy working to care for my well-being. They always leave either a 100-dollar note or 1000-dollar note (if they didn't have small change) and a letter saying "Sorry yah Kookie, we have to go to work again. Left some cash for you to buy whatever you want! Use it wisely~ Love you." to make up for the time that they're not here beside me... I sighed again as i stepped out of my house. 

The sky started to grumble as i was walking on the streets, thinking about what happened this whole week. "Jeez, such luck i have".

Then, it started raining cats and dogs. I looked up at the sky, wanting to just give everything up. Even the sky was mourning for me. I looked down and continued to walk in the rain without any destination or any place to go as i heard people mumuring (they were under the shelter). Some even said i was crazy, walking under such heavy downpour. I couldn't care less. 

I bumped into something. It was someone else holding an umbrella. He had a tatoo on his lelft arm and a scar on his face. 

"You got my shirt wet. Are you going to pay for this limited edition shirt made in Italy?" the man said. 

"I'm sorry sir, i didn't bump into you on purpose." I looked up at the man feeling no fear at all, although my senses told me to shutup and run. 

The man grabbed my shirt and pulled my face close to his,"Don't play jokes on me kid. Pay up or get a beating from me." 

What's wrong with this man, i didn't even do it on purpose. I was in a foul mood then. He definitely couldn't see that he was playing with fire. 

I spat at his face, "Pay? Hah, fat hope." i smirked at him and pushed his hand away from my shirt.

The man gave me a good puch right into my right jaw. I was fuming right then. He really did it. I threw a revengeful punch at him, sending him to the ground and wiped the blood that was dripping from my lips. Before he could even stand up, i continuosly threw punches at him until his cheeks were swollen. 

If it weren't for her, i wouldn't have stopped. 

"Hey Jungkook stop it! That's enough!" Na-eun came in front of me and held my arms to keep me from punching the man again. 

"Get away, this is none of your business." I let out a low voice, sort of warning her to mind her own business before i hit her too while my eyes were still glaring daggers at the man who was sprawled on the floor, helplessly holding his left jaw, barely controlling the pain that i inflicted on him. 

I thought she would back off but to my surprise, she held my face with her soft hands, "Calm down, okay? Let's go somewhere else, you're attracting too much attention and might get into trouble." I didn't even agree yet but she pulled me, holding my hand and ran towards the nearby park that we went to a few days ago to talk. There was a bus stop near the park and we could take cover there. I noticed that she was running under the rain with me, her clothes all wet for standing under the rain for too long. 

------------------------------

"Why did you bring me here? Why do you even care?" I questioned her. 

"Because i saw.. you fighting and i didn't want to see you get hurt.." she struggled to find words to say. It felt like she had more to say but i didn't bother prompting as i was annoyed. 

"Dont do this again. You probably just stopped me because it was wrong, not because you care." No...

"I don't like people bugging into my business." No... This isn't it.

"Don't bother me anymore. Don't even act like you know me on the streets." No, i don't mean this...

"Because you're just like everyone else, only after me for money and fame." I hate myself. 

I saw tears drip down from her eyes. I'm tired, i don't want to do this anymore. I don't want to have to care for anyone anymore. Because whenever i care for something, i am bound to get hurt. I turned around and left her standing there, crying all alone by herself. "I bet she hates me now hah..." i half smiled-smirked to myself and continued to wipe off the blood on my lips that was almost dry.

----------------------------------------

Na-eun's pov

"No... i do care...why did he say all those things?! He doesn't know me that well afterall does he... so what gives him the right to say all these..." I felt myself slowly closing my eyes and felt my body sway and then i out as the tears drip down my cheeks.

------------------------------------------

I opened my eyes and saw bright lights, causing me to squint. Where am i? I looked around to observe my surroundings and it daunted me that i was in a hospital. The doctor walked into my room. "You're awake! Great let me run some scans. You're lucky this guy here found you on the streets if not you could have really high fever by then". the doctor gestured to the guy who was sitting beside my bed. "Ah, it's Jimin sunbae-nim" 

"Thanks Sunbae." I smiled weakly at him. He smiled back at me and was about to say something but the doctor was faster than him, "It seems like you didn't eat much yesterday am i right?" I thought for a while and realised i was too busy studying for finals that i forgot to eat. I rushed out this morning for my vocal lessons without grabbing breakfast too. "Yeah.. i kind of forgot to eat" i smiled sheepishly at the doctor and gave him a "sorry" by slightly bowing my head. 

"Well, that's no problem then, just remember to eat and drink lots of water okay! And rest at home for 2 days since you're down with flu as well." I nodded my head and smiled at the doctor as he walked out of the room. 

"Okay, so mind telling me why you were lying unconcious on the wet ground?" Jimin asked me. 

"I was on my way home from my vocal lessons when i saw Jungkook". His eyes widen when i mentioned Jungkook. 

"And he was fighting... so i went to stop him and took him to that bus stop to talk. He said some things and left. I guess i was too tired and didn't eat much the previous day so i fainted." i paused for a while not being sure if i should tell Jimin about how Jungkook has been acting weird.

 "You know Jungkook seemed quite troubled recently. His mood always seems to be down, sunbae. Perhaps you could comfort him and ask him what's so wrong?" 

Jimin nodded "I'll ask him". 

Thank god Jimin existed. He's close to Jungkook so Jungkook would probably open up to Jimin, not me, who he seemingly hates. I smiled bitterly to myself and sighed. 

---------------------------------

Well, i am pretty stubborn sometimes... I went to school the next day without recovering from my flu. I didn't want to miss lessons as tests were coming. I couldn't afford to. 

I saw Jimin sunbae as i was walking into school. He seemed surprised to see me. 

"I thought the doctor told you to stay at home?" 

"Tests are around the corner, i can't stay home sunbae" i pouted and he smiled and ruffled my hair, "Okay, but remember to take your medicine and eat!" I nodded and turned around. I saw Jungkook staring at me and Jimin sunbae as he was walking from the other direction with his earpiece on. As soon as he caught me looking at him, he reverted his gaze back to his surroundings and walked into the school without even looking back. 

What did i do that was so wrong... I don't understand

------------------------------------

"AH-AH-CHOOOO" i sneezed again for the 1349th time and blew my nose with tissue. Mr Park asked if i needed to go to the sick bay but i insisted that i was fine. From the corner of my eye, i saw him staring at me.

It's probably a natural reaction...

I was trying not to think too much. 

It's not like he cares anyway.

"Yah Na-eun! Did you hear what i was saying?" Ha-young interrupted my thoughts.

I blinked twice. So i was indeed thinking too much... -_-

"Yeah?" 

"I made a new friend!" 

"Okay... Isn't that normal?" I asked suspiciously. Something felt off. I saw the uncontrollable smile starting to spread across her face. 

"It's a guy... His name is Kim TaeHyung..." (a.k.a V) 

I smirked at her, twitching my eyebrows.

"Hey it's not what you think..." Ha-young said, slowly looking down, playing with her fingers. I swear i saw her blush.

And she only plays with her fingers when she's nervous. 

"Oh, so our Ha-young is falling in love after all?" I put one arm around her, turning my head to face her when she refused to look up at me. 

"It's only been 2 months since we've been friends... I wanted to tell you! But you were always occupied with your studies so i didn't want to disturb you..."

I pinched her cheeks and she grimaced "Silly i don't blame you, young-ah. I'm happy for you! If anything happens, promise me i'd be the first to know though!" 

She nodded and we both chuckled. 

How nice, she found herself a companion...

I sighed as i prepared for my next class. 

---------------------------------

"AH-CHOO!!!!" this cold wasn't getting any better... I was all alone at home as my mother was still in the hospital (for 2 years now if you read my background chapter). I had to boil ginseng for myself which my mother always did for me whenever i had a cold when i was young. It sure was hard living alone when you're sick.

"Ew, this tastes like ." I gave up trying to make the ginseng and went to eat my medicine instead. 

I gulped down the medicine and the glass of water without any food. I had no idea why but i just had no appetite so i didn't eat despite the doctor telling me to eat regularly. I felt too lethargic to even walk. I wonder what's wrong with my body? It's just a small cold so why do i feel dizzy all over... i staggered to my bed and sank into deep slumber. 

----------------------------------

The door bell rang. 

I was a light sleeper so i woke up almost immediately.

Who could it be at this hour.. It was 10pm at night and most of my neighbours would call it a day at 9pm as they were all working adults and needed a lot of rest so it couldn't be them. I got up too quickly and saw stars in my eyes and i held my room door to stable myself before i walked towards the main door. 

"Who's there?" I grumbled and opened the main door. 

I almost fainted. 

I grabbed onto the door frame for support as warm arms caught me in it's embrace. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's note:

I don't know why, don't ask me why but i like leaving people hanging and begging me for more. ;-) many call me a sadist. Sigh. Who do you think it was? 

Stay tuned for more! 

`Peterabitt