It's so hard not to fall for you

Do opposite poles repel?

Jungkook's pov

Bending slightly to reach over to snatch the picture away from her, i came up with a super lame excuse. 

"Jimin hyung came by and he kind of dropped it here, so i left it in my text book" i prompted, secretly hoping she would buy it. 

"Did Jimin tell you too?" 

I was pretty puzzled... tell me what? 

"Pardon?" 

"Did he tell you that he likes me?"

Oh, that's what he told her.

"Yeah, he told me. I'm his favourite dong saeng, why wouldn't he tell me, right?" i faked a laughed as i forced those words out of my mouth. But honestly i don't know what i'm feeling. This feeling has been here ever since that day i went to her house and found out that Jimin was there too. The feeling just won't stop, instead, it continued to grow stronger and stronger.

"Here, i found what we were looking for and i'm sorry Na-eun but i realise i have something on in like an hour." her being in my house any longer will make some things happen because my hormones were starting to hit me. 

"Oh, that's alright! Thank you for finding this for me, i'll be going now" she flashed her signature smile at me.

Heat found it's way up to my cheeks and i looked down slightly and faked a smile at her as she took her leave. 

What's happening to me? It can't be that i really like her right? This would be so wrong. 

So damn wrong. 

I dialed Jimin's number and decided that i should talk to him about this. 

I knew i couldn't. But i had to try. 

-------------------------------

Jimin & Jungkook's conversation through a phone call 

JK: Hyung, i have something to ask you. 

JM: What's wrong? 

JK: How does it feel like when you like someone? 

JM: Well..... you'll feel like it's hard to breathe properly around them and they make you feel things like never before, like, there's this undescribable feeling that you'll feel. 

JK: ..... i see 

JM: Why? Do you perhaps like someone? 

I could almost hear him smile and i feel ing guilty. I guess i should just keep it to myself for now.

JK: Yah, hyung why would i like someone, i'm not interested in dating, just curious to how it feels. Anyway, don't forget this wednesday's practice! We finally get full attendance after so long. 

JM: Of course i wouldn't. See ya on wednesday! 

With that, we ended the call and i got my long obvious answer. 

I like her. 

Maybe a little too much..... and it's the same person Jimin hyung likes. 

.

Could my life get more complicated than this? 

---------------------------------

Oh my god who's calling at this hour?! It's only 9 am and there's no school today. 

I turned towards my night stand with my eyebrows creased together with my eyes still closed, obviously annoyed at whoever who woke me up from my sleep. 

I slumped my hand lazily at my night stand, where my phone was vibrating and grabbed my phone. 

"Jung Kook oppa! Are you excited for today's project?!" my eyes shot open.

"W-who's this?" 

"Jin Ae! Your classmate!"

"And why are you calling me at this timing?" 

"Oppa... don't you know? That we'll be doing the project together?" she sounded like she was pouting because i was clueless about this.  

"I'm sorry, w-what project is this?" i got more annoyed because i absolutely had no clue of what she was talking about. 

"Today's project! Mr Park said there's no school today but he assigned a last minute assignment for us to do! And he grouped me together with you! It's all written in the email oppa." 

Great. I sighed internally. Jin Ae was my classmate who had the biggest crush on me since god knows when. She did confess to me but had always been quiet about it so i had no trouble staying away... but looks like this time was different... 

"Oh, alright, i'll meet you in let's say... 2 hours at the library near school?" 

"Okay! See you oppa!" she seemed so overly excited... 

Oh what a long day ahead.

--------------------------------

"Okay, so what now?" i whispered to Jin Ae as we entered the quiet zone. 

"We search for reference books to help us with the assignment!" 

I gave a brief nod and we continued walking towards the aisle of books. 

Dragging my feet against the carpet,  i tried to search for books that could be related to our assignment and found myself walking towards the comics section alone. I couldn't care less of where Jin Ae went. I became somewhat engrossed in comic books in that short period of time. To the extent i started reading them on the spot and finishing them, and then picking out another to continue reading. 

Geez, this subject must really bore the hell out of me in order to get me interested in any book with words. The comics section had many aisles and the shelves were see-through ones. So technically, you could see if there is another person on the opposite aisle. But only their eyes though. 

I stumbled upon a pair of eyes which felt and looked so familiar, yet i had a strong urge to run away from. 

It was hers, of course. 

There was something bad about me that i couldn't change. I had trouble looking away/parting from things which were beautiful. Everytime i look at cherry blossoms or the sunset, my attention would never falter. No one could distract me, not even my mother. I'd get so mesmerised by it till the extent that it's bad. It'd hurt whenever i look away, especially when i reminisced the way my grandpa smiled at me, everytime i filled his bowl with steamy rice. That image couldn't seem to go away, after so many years.

And i couldn't look away from her. 

My eyes followed her being as she walked towards the end of the aisle and then it daunted me. 

She was walking towards me.

Acting as if i didn't see her, i turned around and walked away when, 

"Jung Kook!" 

I heard her brisk walking towards me as i turned around to meet her eyes which showed reflection of the books behind me. 

"Oh, hi." 

She gazed at me like a puppy would do to it's owner when it wanted food and her eyes were so sparkly.

"What are you doing here?" 

"Oh, i'm here for some project Mr Park gave us, but it bored me so bad i ended up here" Na-eun laughed at my unsatisfied face and hit me slightly with her forehand. 

"It's not that bad, or is it?" damn the way she scrunched her nose was way too cute.

"Believe me, it is that bad" we both chorused a laugh.

"And Na-eun?"

"Yeah?" 

"About that picture incident... you know, my ex-girlfriend at my place... I-"

"It's okay Jungkook, you don't have to talk about it if you don't want to, i understand." 

"No, I'm sorry. I was so worked up because i saw her face again in the picture and it reminded me of what she did to me..." 

"Oh... I'm sorry for prying" she smiled sheepishly and rubbed her neck awkwardly.

"So, we're good?" 

"Yep!" she beamed at me and i felt myself melt. 

Then suddenly,

"Omg, Jung Kook, is that one piece?" my eyes followed to where she was pointing, way up the shelve. 

"Yeah it is, why?" 

"Oh my god!"

Please tell me who would be so smart to try and jump where she could not reach...

I sighed and went over to help her retrieve her comic. 

I didn't even realise how close we were until she turned around and almost screamed and i covered .

"Hey, it's just me, okay? Breathe." i slowly let go of her. 

Our bodies were approximately 0.000000001 cm apart. We could kiss if any of us moved this instant. 

What's this? Typical high school romance: kissing in the library? 

Before my thoughts ran wilder, Jin Ae found us. 

Jin Ae was like an angry- no not angry but furious lioness, ready to pounce on Na-eun who took her food from her. 

"What are you guys..... doing?" Jin Ae scanned Na-eun from head to toe. 

"He was just helping me to take my book..." Na-eun held up the one piece comic to her chest level. 

Jin Ae rolled her eyes and mouthed a "whatever" which was not left unnoticed by me. She walked towards us and pullled my left wrist, "come, jungkook, we need to get our assingment done!" 

I stumbled after her and waved Na-eun good bye while trying to maintain my balance with a lioness dragging me at 80km/h. 

Time went by pretty quickly with Jin Ae trying to flirt with me as she pretended not to know how to do her parts of the assignment, constantly begging me for help.

But who hugs you when they beg for help?

 

 

"But oppa, this is the last one and it'll also be the last time i ask you for help" her lips were slightly pink from the cold the airconditioner gave off, so i figured we should just get this over and done with. 

"Fine, which part?" she pointed to the parts that she didn't know and i patiently taught and helped her to do it. 

In the end, it was me doing 90% of the assignment and Jin Ae doing 10%, busy flirting and trying to get my attention, but to no avail. The sun had almost set, leaving a bit of orange and yellow which threatened to sink deeper into the clouds any minute. 

"It's late Jin Ae, we should go since everything's done. But you can go first, i need the restroom." 

"It's okay oppa, i can wait for you!" 

Okay i didn't lie. I really needed the restroom, but i wanted to go check on her before i left but with Jin Ae waiting for me, i couldn't. 

--------------------------------------

Na-eun's pov

I was waving to my group member that Mr Park paired me up with. Our assignment was finally done after a whole day of flipping through encyclopedias. I yawned and stretched both my hands into the air until they looked like the number eleven. As i was stretching my arms further back, i hit someone accidentally. 

"Omo, sorry!" i almost screamed my apology at that person but when i looked up, seeing that it was the girl from before... i kind of wanted to take back my apology. 

"Yah, are you not happy with me?" she glared daggers at me. 

"N-no it was an accident, i'm very sorry." i lowered my head, not being able to meet her eyes as she looked like she was going to devour me at that very moment. 

"You" she said as she pointed a index finger onto my shirt and walking forward so i was forced to walk backwards. It looked like i was being bullied. 

"Better" she took another step forward. 

"Stay away" another step. 

"From Jeon Jungkook" i wanted to take another step backwards but i realised that it was impossible when my back hit the wall. 

What was she to him? Or rather, what was he to her? 

The question lingered in my head since earlier on but i didn't have the courage to ask her. I just nodded my head a couple of times and squeezed my eyes shut. They only reason i was afraid of Jin Ae was because i heard that she was from a rich family and had martial arts background. But damn, who knew that someone who learnt martial arts could be so un-disciplined and unprofessional? 

She stepped aside for me to walk. I let out the breath i didn't know i was holding. After walking less than two steps, i tripped and fell. 

And it was because she did it. 

How could someone be so mean? I turned to look at her dominating figure without moving my lower half of my body. 

"Next time it won't be just this" she looked down at me and a smirked formed on her face. 

I glared at her with tears threatening to fall. It wasn't because of the pain. It was because of my anger. 

Then she walked away and flipped her hair, probably mocking me, letting me know who's the real queen. 

It's always been a bad habit. Whenever i became angry beyond words (super angry), i would cry uncontrollably.

"Damn it these tears need to stop falling!" i was so frustrated at the sight of myself. Why couldn't i stand up against her? 

I felt so useless. 

Picking myself up with my hands at both sides of my thighs, i tried to stand up but a sharp pain was felt in my left ankle. 

"What now?" i muttered to myself and groaned. 

There i was, trying to steady myself with the help of the tables by the side and the strength in my arms, which was close to zero. I swear i looked so pathetic. 

Just when i thought my whole world was crumbling down, i heard a voice that rang like an ambulance in my ears "Na-eun!".

Jeon Jungkook ran towards me, his hair dishelleved from the small wind he created from running so fast. His bag bounced up and down while he ran.

He was still panting when he reached me, "Are you okay?! What happened?!" 

I don't know what happened to me then but i broke into an emotional mess and sobbed a sea into his jacket which smelled like fainted cologne. 

"Hey... it's alright, i'm here" he held the side of my head and pressed my cheek to his chest, sending shivers down my spine. He my hair like a new born baby's, his touch was so delicate till i felt like he was trying not to break me. 

I just sat there, desperately trying to hold in my sobs but failed again and again as he hugged me, whispering cooes into my ears.

After 10 minutes of sobbing and balling my eyes out, the announcement sounded to remind the readers that the library was closing soon. 

Jungkook and I both turned to look at the speaker as if someone was standing there making that announcement. Then we turned to look at each other.

"'Let's go." he stood up first and held out a hand towards me, his smile ever so comforting to look at. 

At that moment, i only had one thought. 

It's so hard not to fall for you, Jeon Jungkook. 

-----------------------------

Author's note

Hello friends! Once again, will try to update when i have the time! I'm running out of ideas on how to not make this story not so cliche and im also constantly having writer's block :( do lmk if you have suggestions! Credits to my annoying friend, nicole, for giving me ideas! 

Cheers, 

Peterabitt