Project

Do opposite poles repel?

Author's Note:

Just by the way, Na-eun doesn't really know Jimin. She just sees him around school occassionally and sometimes they would even have a conversation but they're not close friends. But i can't say the same for how Jimin feels. *Smirks* 

Okay, let's begin. 

--------------------------------------

Na-eun pov 

Warm arms caught me in it's embrace. 

My eyes caught a blur vision of Jimin, desperately trying to keep me from fainting. He kept tapping on my cheeks.

"Na-eun ah! Don't scare me!" I heard him cry out and then i out again. 

I'm sorry, Jimin-ah.

2 hours later

My eyes fluttered open. I saw a red head lying on his arms beside my bed. He was fast asleep. I crept out of bed steathily, not wanting to wake him. Unfortunately, my clumsiness had the better of me. -__- 

I kicked onto the side of my bed and shouted in pain. 

"OWW!!" i rubbed my toe to soothe it as i saw Jimin jumping up from his seat in surprise. 

"I'm sorry i woke you" i said guiltily, still rubbing my toe while i looked at him. 

His eyes widened and rushed over to my side almost immediately.

"Na-eun ah, are you better? And what happened?!" 

I could see his face turning white, he was probably afraid that something bad had happened to me because of my ridiculously loud scream... I should seriously consider getting rid of this stupid habit... 

"I'm fine Jimin! See~" I got up on my two feet and tried spinning one round but i staggered and almost fell to my death. Luckily, he caught me for the second time.  

"No... definitely not. Come on, let's get you some food and medication." he dragged me to the kitchen. I followed unwillingly.

My reaction was different from what i predicted. The aroma of the porridge overwhelmed me once i entered the kitchen. Although it was just porridge, but man, i could bet it was going to be delicious, because the smell was so distinct.

"Eat up, then take a good rest." 

It sounded more like a command than a request. I could see he was really concerned so i ate obediently as he watch me gulp everything down as if i haven't eaten in days. (wait, when was the last time i ate anyway...)

"Sunbae, how did you know where i live?"

"I got it from the doctor. Secretly of course. I figured you wouldn't give it to me voluntarily" he looked at me doubtfully. 

"Yah, you didn't have to, but thanks." i smiled as i continue eating my porridge.

After doing everything he commanded me to, he pushed me to go to sleep. 

"Sunbaeeeeeee~ I don't want to sleep yettttt~ I've been sleeping since just now..." i pouted at him, gesturing to the tv, secretly hoping he'd at least let me watch a little tv.

"Aish, okay fine but 12:30 is bed time okay?"

I looked at the clock, it was 11:45. 45 minutes is a reasonable time to watch a little tv, but i begged him for more.

"12:45~~ at least an hour pleaseeeee~"

He hesitated but gave in anyway.

"Fine..."

I guess he couldn't stand my whining, it was too powerful for even anyone to handle.

We both chortled loudly. Just then, i thought i heard footsteps. I stopped laughing to listen but apparently they were gone. I shrugged it off and watched my tv.

I'm probably just hearing things

---------------------------------------

Jungkook's pov 

I wasn't sure if i was doing the right thing. I took a peek at Mr Park's admin book which contained all the students' particulars and searched for hers. I didn't even know why i was doing it. I felt like a stalker. Nonetheless, i ended up in front of her doorstep. I felt really bad for letting her run under the rain with me and for saying such mean things to her. This time it was also partially my fault i guess... i wanted to make sure she was okay.

I struggled for approximately 5 minutes before i decided to ring the door bell. Seriously... who takes this long to ring a freaking door bell...

I lifted my hand slowly towards the door bell and then i heard laughter. Not one, but two voices. Of course i recognized that laugh. I hear it almost everyday, especially during times like this when i was flustered, he'd always tease me, nagging on and on about how indecisive i was. It was somehow music to my ears. They were laughing so nonchalantly and seemed like they were having fun.

"Hah, sick my foot" i walked away swiftly, not wanting them to know that i actually was there, that night.

"Guess i wasn't needed at all, this time too. She has Jimin hyung already." I wasn't sure why i was slightly annoyed by that fact but shrugged it off anyway. 

I practiced with Jimin on Monday. V and J-hope both had extra classes at the last minute so they couldn't make it for dance practice, sadly. So me and Jimin took this opportunity to practice our solo parts individually when the song played on. He seemed happier after that incident at Na-eun's house. I think he likes her but i didn't ask him as it would be too obvious that i knew about him going to her house and then he would start asking questions like "How do you know?" which i most probably want to avoid now.

Na-eun didn't come to school for 2 days now, ever since that incident. I wonder if she's okay now and if i should visit her?

I shook my head as the memory of the both of them laughing came to me once again. 

"Not needed there." i shrugged and pushed the thought to the corner of my mind. 

------------------------------------

Na-eun's pov 

I was finally back in school. I saw Ha young and greeted her with a smile. 

"You okay now best friend?" Ha young asked me with the word "worry" written all over her face. She was like an open book, impossibly easy to read. 

"I'm fine~ Good as new!" I flexed my triceps at her as she laughed and slapped it lightly. 

I saw Jungkook walk past our table and he showed no interest in me, walking and staring straight ahead. His lip was still covered with dried blood and i wonder if he applied any medication at all. 

"I'll be right back, young-ah" I got up swiftly and dashed towards where Jungkook was heading and stopped him. 

I was catching my breath as i spoke, this guy sure walked fast. 

"Hey-y, is yo-ou-r lip alrig-ht?" 

"Fine, thanks." 

"Let m-me see." I cupped his face with my hand and turned his face in an angle so that i could see the wound clearly. 

"You liar! It's not even healed and i bet you didn't put any medication" slowly, my breathing stabled.

"Not like it's your business anyway" he looked away, avoiding my gaze. 

"At least take care of yourself idiot!" I grabbed his hand and started walking but he stopped me, 

"Where are you taking me?"

"To the infirmary of course!" 

"For what purpose?"

"TO HEAL YOUR WOUND?" 

"I refuse" his eyes stared at me menacingly, threatening me to let go, but i felt no fear and stared right back into those dominating yet mesmerising orbs. 

I enlarged my eyes and nodded my head to say "let's go, your wound needs to be cared for". 

He sighed in defeat "Okay, but i can walk by myself" he said, directing his gaze to our interwined fingers. 

I blinked twice and let go of his hand. Right, i probably shouldn't grab his hand when i felt like it... we're not that close afterall. But i have no idea why i always had this strange feeling around him... and what is strange is that, i never felt like this around anyone else like Jimin or Ha young. 

Inside the infirmary

I took a cotton bud and a box of cream that said "Perfect cream for cuts and grazes". I took the cream out and applied it onto the cotton bud, then brushed the cotton bud against his lips gently. 

------------------------------------

Jungkook's pov

Seriously why does she like to budge into my business... 

She was applying the medication on my lips and i was looking at her face. A drop of sweat dripped down her face as she tried hard not to make me feel the pain that was actually stinging despite the 2-day-old wound. She adjusted her head so that hers was a few inches away from mine (possibly 2 inches), carefully scrutinizing if she applied the medication onto every spot of the injured part on my lips. My heart started to beat rapidly. Her face was so near mine, i couldn't even imagine. It started beating faster and faster like i was chasing after a bullet train. It felt as if i was about to die. I was afraid she would hear it and i couldn't stand the silence any longer so i shoved her aside and she fell to the floor. 

"Hey, what's your problem?!" she was pissed now, i could tell. 

"I should be asking you that!!" i shouted back at her. 

"I don't have a problem, it was you who pushed me when i was trying to help!" 

"I already said, I DON'T NEED YOUR HELP!" 

I saw her eyes shifting and thoughts were running through her mind. 

"Is it because i stopped you that day when you were fighting? I don't see anything wrong in stopping you before the situation got worse!" 

"Why do you like to budge into other people's business so much?! It's annoying!! And besides, you have Jimin to care for you alread-" i stopped mid-sentence when i realised what i was saying. 

"Jimin...? What about him? How did you know he was taking care of me..." her eyes widened at realisation. 

"Whatever, not like i care anyway." I quickly said and turned around to walk away swiftly. 

--------------------------------

Na-eun's pov

How did he know Jimin was taking care of me... Does he perhaps have some super power?! I was lying to myself. I knew the answer. 

He too, was there, that night. 

--------------------------------

The next day 

"Okay class, there is a project that is due every term and this term will be no difference," Mr Park paused to look up and confirmed that the students were listening as he continued "And to minimise confusion and biasness, i have paired you guys up already" he smiled sarcastically as the students sighed. 

"There are about 18 groups and every group will have a different topic to work on so nobody can copy each other's work. The project is due in two weeks time. Whichever member does not cooperate, the other member can inform me and i will not hesitate to deduct marks from that member's assessment." Mr Park said as he passed down a piece of paper which what seemed like our groupings and the topics that we were tasked to work on. 

I took the paper and scanned through it to look for my name. 

I was dumbfounded. 

I face palmed myself mentally. 

Why does this stupid Mr Park always go against me... i looked up at Mr Park and saw that he was smiling at me widely like he had some devious plot all planned out in putting me and Jungkook together as a pair. 

Unlike me, Jungkook had a poker face when he found out that he was grouping with me. I turned to look at him but as soon as i did, he looked elsewhere purposely, like i was non-existent.

Tch, petty guy.

I texted him to see if he wanted to actually start on the project today. Afterall, the faster we get it done, the faster i wouldn't need to communicate him any longer. 

*Na-eun's conversation with Jungkook* 

Na-eun: hey, when do u wanna start on the proj?

Jungkook: idk, maybe tmr

Na-eun: how bout we start today after sch? 

Jungkook: hmm.. ok whr? 

Na-eun: we hv to do some research so... the library?

Jungkook: ok, see u outside the gates after sch

Na-eun: okay

I was sitting in the cafeteria thinking of how to go about doing the project without communicating with him. Ha young was too busy texting someone whom i assume to be V to notice me. 

He's so mysterious and annoying... My thoughts drifted to what he said yesterday. Jimin huh? Is he... jealous? Wait, nononononono why the hell would he be jealous?!?!! And why was he there anyway... 

I pinched myself to make myself snap out of this ridiculousness and finished my lunch with Ha young. 

Lessons were draggy and boring as usual. I honestly don't know how i am going to handle the project and my final examinations at the same time. I thought and thought about it too much to notice that the 'end of school' bell rang. I got up swiftly and bid Ha young good bye and then headed towards the school gates. 

He was already there, leaning against the wall, waiting for me. His hair was dishellved, tie loose around his collar and his shirt was half-tucked out. Damn. How could someone look so attractive even like this...omg kk enough Na-eun please! 

I shook the thought off my mind and tried to look at him normally again. 

"So, the nearby library?" 

"Yeah, let's go." I walked in front of him because i was afraid that if i walked elsewhere where he was within my vision, i'd start fantasizing again. 

After about 10 minutes, i turned around to check if he was still there or had ran away without me noticing and totally regretted it. He was on a lollipop with his earpiece on and his thumbs were hooking into his inner pockets. He looked at me and i turned back to face the front. I felt myself heating up and blushing slightly but luckily, he didn't care enough to notice the slight change in me then. 

This is going to be a very long day... 

I sighed to myself and continued walking. 

Upon reaching the library, we saw Jimin sunbae-nim. 

"Jimin sunbae! What are you doing here?" 

"Yah hi Na-eun! I was walking around with V and Eun Ji, we're doing our year 2 project" he gestured to the taller guy with swept bangs beside him and a girl whom i was already familiar with.

"How bout' yourselves?" 

"Oh, we, too have a project to do." 

"That's great! V and Eun Ji need to head home and i have nothing else to do till tomorrow, so, do you guys need my help?" 

V threw a glance at Jimin giving the "what is this bruh?" face and Jimin shot back a "shutup and play along!" face. I had no idea what was going on but never thought too much about it anyway. 

"Yeah, sure, it'll be great!" 

He waved Eun Ji and V goodbye as they walked further slowly till only their shadows were seen. 

"So, what's this project about?" Jimin walked closer to me as i was looking at the given task with Jungkook strolling behind. 

"Oh, it's uhm about some environmental research i guess?" i gave an amused face while looking at the paper, wondering why Mr Park even wanted us to research on this... 

"Hahah! You're cute, especially when you do faces like those" Jimin chuckled and commented without a thought. I froze. I didn't know why but ever since i found out that Jungkook was 99% possibly there at my doorstep that night and the fact that he mentioned Jimin taking care of me, i started being more wary around Jimin. 

"Hey, what's wrong? Still doing the project?" 

"Y-yeah! Of course." I turned around to make sure we were far enough for Jungkook not to hear our conversation but he was walking closer than i expected. 

-----------------------------------------------------

We found seats in the library and started discussing about the project enthusiastically... well except for Jungkook. It's like his body was there, but his soul was elsewhere. 

Suddenly, what Ha young said intrigued me. 

"Hey sunbae-nim, that V guy just now, how's he like?" almost immediately, those liveless orbs seemed to twitch and was eye-ing me and Jimin, listening to our conversation. 

"Well, he's not bad, quite popular among girls these days, why? You interested huh?" Jimin gave me a pedo smile and rubbed his chin with his index finger while on the other hand, Jungkook looked like he had difficulty breathing. EIther that, or he's just angry, for some reason. Who knows... 

"Oh please! Why would i like my best friend's crush- " i paused for a moment

"Please do not tell Ha young i said this and please do me a favour by keeping this a secret. Pretty pleaseeeeeeeeee~~" 

Jimin just laughed and Jungkook remained stoned in his position. 

After what seemed like forever, we were finally heading home with me walking towards the north and both boys walking towards the south. 

-----------------------------------

"Beep Beep" 

I looked at my phone wondering who was so old school to stay up and send midnight text messages. 

Holy cow

It was him. 

JK: Hey, wanna do the project again tmr?

NE: Sure 

JK: My place after school? 

I hesitated for a moment but saw no harm in going to his house for a small project. Besides, his parents would be around. Right?

NE: Right. 

"Beep Beep" another message came. This time it wasn't from Jungkook, it was Jimin. 

JM: Hey, what you doing tmr?

NE: Project at JK's! 

JM: Awesome, can i come? 

NE: Sure, the more the merrier! 

I just finish texting Jimin and another text came from the grumpy boy. 

JK: And, dont tell anyone about it. 

NE: Err, i just told Jimin that we're going to.. 

JK: Nvm it's ok then 

I frowned and threw myself on the bed and tossed the phone to the couch. I could never, in a million years figure out what these two are up to. I just can't help but think about that night. It's been haunting me since Jungkook mentioned Jimin and i feel like they haven't been talking to each other much since then. Could it be because of me? But why... I just couldn't crack the case -_-

---------------------------------- 

Jungkook's house was really pretty. Chandeliers hanging in each room, extravagant sofas and the smell of leather filled the air. The latest model of the MacBook air was lying on his bed, un-opened and his butler greeted us when we entered, making me feel like a princess. He's so rich... 

I was lost in the moment of awe until Jungkook asked 

"Would you guys like anything to drink?" 

Me and Jimin shook our heads "No thank you, we're fine." 

Jungkook then put his hands in his pocket, gesturing towards his room, leading us inside. 

His bed was covered with velvet red bed sheet and quilt. Of course, a chandelier above us, reflecting light in all directions. His study table had a feint smell of wood which i assume was custom-made, since he was so rich. His night stand had a picture of him, and which i presumed should be his mom and dad. They looked really happy. 

"Where are your parents? Maybe we could go say hi." it daunted me that i didn't see them around the house, probably in their studys'.

"They're in Thailand. Business trip for 10 days" 

Wow, must be hard for him to live alone like this, sometimes it gets really boring, especially when the house is so big for one person to live in. 

"I see, let's start then." We started off with analysing the information we gathered, then picking out those that were not really necessary for the presentation. Jungkook was preparing the presentation slides and i was waiting for my turn to do the task while sitting on the bed, leaning against his bed frame comfortably.

Without even noticing, i fell asleep.

------------------------------------

Is it just me or this chapt is a little draggy........... IM STILL NEW TO WRITING SO... HEHE