Chapter 2

The Nerd and The Lost Puppy

“Don’t you think that your a bit harsh?” Jongdae asked Minjung one evening, when the gang spent their free time at her house, “we all know how much he likes you, but you act like nothing but pain in the to him.”

“I don’t ask him to like me, okay?,” she spat. “and it’s not my fault that  he’s annoying.”

“This is not you, Minjung-aa, your not this hateful and violent person, you never treated anyone like this,” Minseok added.

Minjung sighed, “I just don’t like them, opaa,” Minjung said.

“Is this your way of preventing yourself from getting hurt, Kim Minjung?” Yunji asked. “You know what, just because those Kingka in middle school bullied you, doesn’t mean that Junmyeon and his friends are the same,” she added.

“She’s right, Minjung-aa,” Kyungsoo butted, “after few days knowing them, they actually nice people, you can also feel it too, right?” he asked.

Minjung did not answer, she herself could not understand why she could not accept Junmyeon and his friends become closer to her. She still thought that Junmyeon and his gang are annoying rich kids, and with him following her around, Junmyeon sure was a bit annoying.

Minjung also couldn’t believe that Junmyeon actually likes her, since he was practically God in their school and she was just a nobody. There’s no way that a guy like Kim Junmyeon found her attractive, so Minjung thought that there’s must be something about him following her, like he just wanted to play with her heart.

“If you don’t want to accept his feelings then fine,” Minseok said, “but at least trying to be nice to him a little, don’t be too harsh. Give the guy a break,dongsaeng. Even blind people could see how great his love for you.”

Minjung just silence the entire conversation, trying to accept her friends suggestions.

 

“Minjungiiee,” Suho called her softly when they were eating lunch with the gangs. “Why are you so pretty?” Suho’s voice came soft and almost like a whisper, but loud enough to be heard by their friends and making Minseok choked on his Kimchi.

Minjung gaped and blushed furiously, there’s nobody called her pretty before, at least nobody as hot as Suho called her pretty before.

“Aww, and you blush, so cute,” Suho sighed and unconsiously pinched her nose, making her red from head to toe.

“Minjung-aa, can I touch your hair? I always wonder how it feels like, it must be soft, right?” He asked shamelessly.

Yixing cleared his troath and glared at him, but Suho just shrugged him off.

“Just eat your lunch, Sunbae,” Minjung managed to utter a word.

“I’m not hungry,” Suho said while continue staring at her.

Yunji who sat across from him giggled and leaned foward “Sunbae, how much do you like Minjung?” she asked, making Minjung choke on her food.

Suho blushed lightly “is it that obvious?” he asked dumbfounded.

The wolves groaned while Yunji and her friends laughed out loud “Oh my God, too cute,” she giggled.

“Yes, Sunbae, everybody at school could see that,” Yunji told him. “So, how much do you like her?”

“Yah,Choi Yunji,” Minjung called sternly, but Yunji just ignnored her like she wasn’t even there.

“Well, a lot,” Suho replied.

“Awwwww,” Yunji squealed. “Why do you like her?” she asked again.

“What’s not to like?” Suho retorted, making Minjung red again.

“So, you like everything about her?” Yunji asked him, earning an eager nod from the later.

“Between Minjung and Yixing sunbae, who do you like the most?” she interogated.

“Minjung,” Suho answered without missing a beat.

“Of course,” Yixing muttured.

“If Minjung need a heart transplant  and you’re the one who can donor your heart to her, but you’d die in returt, will you give your heart for her?” at this question, her friends burst out laughing.

“Yah Choi Yunji, are you crazy? Why would... ,” but Minjung got cut off by Suho.

“Of course, Minjung have to live happily,” he answered sincerely.

The table turned quite until Minseok said, “I give you my blessing.”

Suho smiled from ear to ear while Minjung hoped she’d die from embarassement.

 

 

“Sehun just can’t stop buying it, you know,” Suho told Minjung about Sehun’s obsession on bubble tea when he walked her to her class. “It’s tasty, I get it, but everyday? And he force us to drink it as well,” he blabbered while Minjung just listen to him with a blank face.

“Well, bubble tea is delicious, so you don’t need to complain,” Minjung replied boringly.

“If you drink it everyday after school, even in chilly December, you won’t said so,” Suho groaned.

Minjung shook her head in amusement, “You’re a freak,” she said mockingly, but her smile was sincere and wide.

Suho stunned at the sight, his mate was indeed the most beautiful creature ever existed. But his peaceful moment soon replaced by anger and jelousy once he felt attraction radiating from an upperclassment who passed by. The young guy probably saw his mate smile and thought that she’s beautiful.

He growled lowly, “bastard.”

“What?” Minjung startled. “Did you just call me bastard?” she asked.

“Oh no, dear God no. It’s that guy,” he pointed at the guy, who already walked pass them.

“Why?”

“He stared at you, I don’t like it.”

Minjung blushed furiously “Whaat?”

Suho just kept looking straight and decided to shut his mouth.

“Did you just get jealous of random passer by?” She asked. “He  probably didn’t even think that I’m pretty you know. You sure are a freak,” she said.

“I know for sure that he thinks that you are pretty. Who doesn’t think that your pretty anyway.” He half yelled.

Minjung was red from angry and embarassement. She didn’t even know why she felt angry. She walked faster and left Suho behind. All of sudden, Suho hugged her from behind making her startled. She wanted to pried from his hug, but she felt weak all of sudden. Yes, Suho touch her before, but never to that extent, and having herself on Suho’s arm, Minjung barely felt her knee, it’s all weak.

“I’m sorry I was yelling at you, I’m sorry,” he muttured in her hair, and Minjung swore that her heart would burst.

Suho thought that he’d get high just by her scent. Having her so close to him, with his nose burried deeply in her hair, all he could smell was just her citrus and flower scent.

“Did you just sniffed me?” Minjung asked suddenly.

Suho froze, “I did? No, I didn’t,” he lied.

Minjung free herself from his arm and faced him, “You literally just sniffed me,” she pointed.

“Um, it’s just you know, your shampoo smell good,”he reasoned out.

Minjung gaped, “I didn’t even wash my hair this morning,” she said.

Suho stepped foward to take her hands, but she step back and said, “don’t come near me, you freak.”

Suho groaned and burried  his face in his palm. Other students are starring at him like he’s a freak, well he was a freak. He pulled out his phone from his pocket and text his friends furiously.

she called me a freak T.T”

 

“We need to talk, son,” Suho’ father told him as soon as he entered his house.

His parent were sitting in the living room and Suho could tell that anything that his parents wanted to say wouldn’t be any good. From the way his father called to ask him come home instead of straight to his appartment, he could feel the trouble, but now when he saw his parents with his own eyes, He practically smelled worry and anxious from his parents. Suho took a seat in front of his parents and braced himself from any bad news that he’d hear.

His father took a deep breath and stared at him, “it’s regarding your mate,” he said.

Suho’s heart thud loudly that he didn’t even have time to steady it to hide it from his parents.

“You know that as an alpha’s son, you have responsibility for taking care of the pack in the future, right?” his father asked.

Suho only nodded, afraid to utter a single word.

“You’ll become the alpha once I step back from the throne, that’s why mating is very important to you,” the alpha explained. “Once you meet your mate, we have to immediately throwing a ceremony for her, to crowned her as the future alpha and announced her as the new beta of the pack.”

Suho pale, he was not ready for this.

“The thing is, after hundred years, the oracle visit us this morning.  She told us that you met your mate already and demand for the ceremony immediately. Why didn’t you tell  us that you met her, son?” he’s father asked.

Suho could not say anything. How could he tell his parents that the ceremony will never be held and he’s going to die  because his mate will surely reject him.

His mother was in the verge of crying, as if she knew what happens already, “is it because that you have a human mate?” she asked.

Suho’s face fell,”she doesn’t like me, mom,” he managed to say.

His father closed his eyes momentarily while his mother burst of crying, “oh, my son,” she mourned with a heartbroken voice.

 

Suho found himself standing infront of Minjung’s house. He stared at the house for about half an hour without knowing what to do. He knows that if he asked her to be his mate that he’ll get rejected in an instant, but he have to ask anyway, for the sake of his pack.

Suho was not ready to lose Minjung, he wanted to spend more time with her, but following her like a lost puppy wasn’t an option for him. As the next alpha, he had to make his decision faster, he could not be selfish like a teenage boy he is, following his crush around like any teenage boy would do. He had to come out with the decision, whether he would have a mate, or die heart broken. Messing around with oracle was the last thing you want, so ready or not, he had to ask Minjung to be his mate.

He stared at the house one more time before pressing the bell. He waited for the door to open anxiously. A moment later, the love of his life opened the door with a bit startle face.

“Sunbae, what are you doing here?” she asked.

“Can we talk?” he asked softly.

Minjung looked contemplated, but looking at Suho’s expression, she nodden eventually.

They talk at the park near her house. He took a sit on a bench and Minjung hesitantly sat next to him. The were silent a few minutes until Suho decided to talk.

“I know it’s a bit early, but from the first time my eyes landed on you, I know that you’re the one,” he said without hesitation.

He could feel that Minjung’s breath hitch at his statement but she did not say anything.

“And I know that you probably do not like me, I can feel it clearly, but can you consider me? I promise i’ll make you happy for the rest of my life,” his voice came out as a pleading.

Minjung just stared at him for a good 2 minutes, as if she was trying to soak the information through her brain.

“Why do you like me?” she asked in the end.

“I don’t even know, it’s not me who decide to whom I fall in love, I was destined to meet you and I don’t think I could fall out from loving you,” he felt like he almost cry.

“You promise me to make me happy for the rest of my life,” she stated quitely, “it’s such a heavy promise you know, we’re so young, we don’t know what will happen in the future, you probably hate me once you got to know me better.”

“There’s nothing to hate, Minjung-aa, I love you so much, and I’m sure of it, hell, I know it,” he said.

Minjung let out a dry laugh, “I know a guy like you, you promise me heaven but in the end, you’re the one who’s gonna leave me.”

“I won’t, I promise, I will never leave you,” he convinced her.

Minjung looked at him with a judging look, “How are you so sure?” she asked.

“Simply because I love you, and I can’t live without you, litterally,” he said.

Minjung chuckled, “Sounds like bull to me,” she said. “Well, I guess you can it, because I obviously don’t love you back,” she patted Suho’s shoulder and smirked, then he left him alone with a broken heart.

Minjung walked away without even looking back, but she could not pinpoint why her heart felt heavy all of sudden.

 

 

The next day, Minjung could not find Suho at school. Not that she’s looking around for him or something, but with Suho following her everyday, a day without him stalking her felt weird.

At lunch, Suho’s friends didn’t sit with them. They sat on their ussual table without Suho and Yixing. Their table looked gloomy, they seemed quite than ussual, and Minjung spoted that Sehun didn’t even eat his lunch.

Minjung also felt that Park Chanyeol were shooting daggers at her, but she just shrugged it off like nothing happen.

“What happen to them?” Yunji asked with a whisper.

The guys just shrugged their shoulder although they seemed concern and Minjung just quite, could not utter any words.

She came home from school and walked straight to her room. She felt unreasonably tired that day and she just wanted to take a nap immediately. She opened her room and walked straight to the closet to change.

“It took you so long to come home,” a voice suddenly said.

“Holy ,” she screamed in horror. She turned her back and saw Sandara Park sat on her study desk.

“What the... what are you doing in my room? Is this real?” she asked in utterly surprise.

“I need to talk to you,”  Sandara told her.

“About what? YG wants me to be a trainee? What is this? Some reality show?” she blabbered.

“Who’s YG?” Sandara asked in confusion.

“What?” Minjung frowned, “who are you?” she yelled. “what happen really?!”

“I’m a fairy Godmother,” Sandara whispered and giggled.

“Sorry?” Minjung’s frowned deeper.

“Oh, Honey, I’m kidding, I’m the Oracle,” she laughed like it was the most normal thing to say in the world.

“I’m sorry what?” Minjung asked again, still really confuse.

“First of all,” Sandara said all of sudden, “who’s face is this?” she asked while pointing at her own face.

Minjung felt like she was in the weirdest dream ever “what do you mean?” She asked.

“Ugh, you’re a retard,” she groaned while rolling her eyes. “Who’s face is this? You recognize this face?” she asked again.

Minjung felt offended, “Um, it’s Sandara Park,” she said.

“Is she famous or something?” Dara grinned.

“Um, Sandara sunbaenim, I’m confuse, is this some candid reality show?” Minjung asked hesitantly.

Dara rolled her eyes again, “listen girl, whatever Park this face is,” she said and pointed at her face, “it’s not her. I just chose random face I saw on billboard to be less threatening so I can talk to you,” she explained.

“Um, I’m not following, ma’am,” Minjung frowned.

“I’m the Oracle and I need to talk to you,” Dara talk with a stern look.

“Oracle like supernatural oracle?” Minjung asked, confused.

“Yeah yeah, you can say that,” she waved her hand boringly. “I’m here to talk regarding you mate.”

“Mate?”

“Yeah, mate. I ussually never bother about human rejection, but this is the future alpha we’re talking about, so here I am,” Dara announced.

“I’m sorry, I really not following. What mate?” Minjung asked.

“Your mate?” Dara pinpointed.

“My mate? What is mate actually?” Minjung asked again.

“Werewolf mate,” Dara stated, as if saying that making Minjung remember somehow.

“Okay, this is ridiculous. Whatever reality show is this, I’m not playing, I’m so tired I need to sleep,” she said.

“I told you that I’m the Oracle, stop talking about reality show,” said Dara, annoyed.

“Okay now, Ms. Oracle,I think you talk to the wrong girl, try next door,” she pointed her bedroom door, urging the Sandara Park to get out from her room.

“You are Kim Minjung, right?” she asked.

Minjung snapped and nodded.

“Suho’s mate?” she asked again.

“Suho?” Minjung puzzled. “Who’s Suho?”

“You didn’t even know your mate name?” She gasped.

“First of all, I have no idea about the mate thing, and second, I don’t even know Suho is, so can you explain what is this actually?” Minjung asked tiredly.

“Oh, Kim Junmyeon, that’s his other name,” The Oracle shouted.

Minjung’s ear perked up the the mention of Junmyeon.

“Kim Junmyeon?” she asked.

“Yeah, Kim Junmyeon, your mate.”

 

2 hours later, Minjung found herself dumfounded at her bed. She could not believe what she had heard. If it’s not for the oracle that dissapeared into the thin air in front of her, she would not believe anything that Sandara Park  had said earlier.

Junmyeon was a werewolf, and she was his mate. Mate, like destined to be together for the rest of their life. Junmyeon was the next alpha for his pack and he needed his mate. Not to mention that his pack was one of the biggest pack ever existed and rejecting Kim Junmyeon would only bring nothing but chaos for the pack. To say that she was freak out was understatement, she was scared to death and she did not even know what to think.

“You have to consider him, you know,” the oracle told her earlier.

“Now you tell me that he’s a werewolf, you think that I should consider him? Don’t you think that I should run from him?” she reasoned out.

“For him, you are his wolf mate, but for you, he is your soulmate, if you reject him, he’ll die from heartbroken and you’ll end up alone for the rest of your life, so rejecting him won’t give you any good. Of course it’s your chooice wheteher you want to accept him or not, but I really think that you should consider it. He’ll make you happy for the rest of his life.”

Her conversation with the oracle simply brought a massive headache for her, but she could not sleep, she was afraid to sleep, what if the pack hurt her for rejecting their alpha when she’s sleeping. God, help her.

 

The following day, Minjung walked like a zombie around school. She could not think and function properly. She wanted to talk to Junmyeon’s friend, asking if all the werewolves things were true. But she was afraid, she’s afraid that they say that it’s true and Minjung thought that she’s not ready for that.

In the evening, Park Chanyeol paid her a visit, and she was almost die from heart attack.

“Hyung is sick,” he informed. “he’s sick because of you.”

Minjung almost cried when she heard that, so it’s true that Kim Junmyeon would die because of her.

“I know that you hate him, but can you come to see him even for a minute? He calls you in his sleep, it’.. I can’t see that,” Chanyeol said with a gritted teeth.

“Chanyeol, are you also a werewolf?” she suddenly blurted out.

Chanyeol paled, “how?” that was the only thing that he could utter.

Chanyeol met silence.

“Hyung forbid us to tell you, you know? So how did you found out?” he asked.

“why didn’t he want me to know?” Minjung asked with a broken voice.

Chanyeol clenched his fist, his eyes flashed red for a second that Minjung was sure that all the conversation with the oracle were true.

“He didn’t want you feel bad when he..” Chanyeol could not finished his words.

“So it’s true,” Minjung whispered but Chanyeol could hear her, thanks to his wolf’s ear.

“How do you know?” he asked one more time.

“Oracle talked to me yesterday,” she replied tiredly.

Chanyeol’s eyes widen “Oracle visited you?” he asked.

Minjung nodded. “Wow,” he muttured. “So, you know now?” he asked.

Minjung nodded again.

"He'll die without you, you know?" He stated.

Minjung's breath hitch and she felt like crying.

“He loves you so much,” he said. “The pack proposed to kidnap you and force you to be his mate, but he rejected the idea. He’d rather be dead than making you live in a missery. I know that you probably scared, and thought that he loves you just because you are destined to be with him, but he really loves you, and he’s willing to do anything for you. And Minjung, he’s not a monster, we’re not a monster.”

Minjung doesn’t even realize that tears flow streaming down her face. Her heart hurt knowing that he did so much without her knowing. 

“Now, that you know the whole thing, can you please visit him? You know he doesn’t have much time, can you bid him  a proper goodbye?” Chanyeol asked pleadedly.

Minjung nodded “take me to him, Chanyeol.”

 

Minjung entered Suho’s parent’s house with awe, it was practically a mansion. Many werewolves gather in front of his house and looked at her curiously when she entered. Chanyeol lead the way to his room. Sehun, Baekhyun, and Kai waited in front of his room and they’re standing immediately when they saw her.

The sight at Junmyeon’s room made her heart clenched. Junmyeon laid in his bed, shaking from head to toe  with sweat covered all over his body. Yixing stood in his bedside and a couple, who Minjung assumed were his parents, stood in the other side. Yixing’s face was stoic but hard, as if he tried not to cry. Junmyeon’s mother was crying while his father consoled her.

Minjung scooted closer to the bed and their head snapped towards her. She walked pass Yixing and stood near Junmyeon’s bed. She streched her hand to touch his pale face. She wiped his sweat in his forehead with her hands and carresed his head.

Junmyeon’s eyes snapped open and he grab her hands in swift motion, making her yelp.

“Minjung?” he asked. “Minjung, is that you?”

Minjung just silenced and stared at him. Junmyeon sat immediately. “who brings you here? I told them not to tell you,” he said, his face’s hard.

Minjung sat next to him and nudged him to lay back again. “I ask Chanyeol to bring me here,” she said.

“You shouldn’t be here,” he said.

“Why not,” Minjung smiled. “God, you’re so pale,” she said, scanning his face.

“But, I get better now,” he smiled at her.

“You do?”

Suho nodded and scooted closer to her “You should go, Minjung, my neighbors out there won’t be happy if they saw you here,” he whispered.

Minjung laughed at his choice of word, “I’m not afraid of your neighbor,” she whispered back.

Suho looked at her with puzzle look,”I’m their future alpha, right?” she said.

Suho stunned. Minjung turned to his parents and bowed.

“I’m so sorry for coming this way,” she said. “My name is Kim Minjung, nice to meet you,” she bowed again.

“I heard from oracle that there’s a ceremony that I should attend for crowning me, when will the ceremony be held?” she asked.

His mother stoped crying and gaped at her, “is this mean?”

Minjung replied her with a smile. “Oh, thank you,” his mother launched towards her and hugged her. “Thank you, thank you so much,” she chanted.

Chanyeol and Yixing face brighten immediately. His father shook her hand and nodding knowingly at her. However, Suho was still dumfounded.

“Minjung-aa,” he called,”What do you mean? Are you sure?” he half whispered.

Minjung raised a brow at him and put his face again, “Only because I would end up alone if I didn’t accept you,” she said. “But you know I could walk away anytime I want, right? So, be good to me, Kim Junmyeon-sii.”

Suho sat straight and nudged her arm, “really? Is this really happening?” he asked with a smile.

“Oh, shut up, you annoying already,” she said and Suho pouted.

 “You know what? I don’t like a guy who pout, it’s not manly,” she said playfully.

Suho streched his lips into a thin line and put a stoic face immediately. His parents chuckled at their interaction.

“God, you still pale, did you eat anything?” she asked.

“I can’t eat you know, I can’t barely breathing, it’s hell, really,” he sighed.

“Can I use your kitchen?” She asked his mother, earning a huge beam from her.

An hour later, she entered his room with chicken soup and rice for him, “here, I cooked for you, now eat,” she instructed. “I need to discuss the ceremony with your parents, so bye for now,” she turned around and began to walk.

“Wait,” Suho called and pulled her wrist gently. “Can you feed me?” he pleaded.

“I’m kind enough to cook for you, why do you become a baby?” she protested but sat next to him and took the soup.

Suho beamed and pulled her closer as  she began to feed him.

“Minjung-aa, are you sure about this?” he ask, seriousness laced in his voice.

“Just remember your promise to make me happy for the rest of my life,” she said, flicking his head lightly.

Suho smiled, “of course I will,” he said. “Now, can I get a kiss?” he asked shamelessly.

“No,” she replied without missing a beat.

“You meanie,” he huffed.

“Are you trying to make me happy or to make yourself happy, Kim Junmyeon-sii?” she raised a brow.

“Fine,” he said, but circled his arm around Minjung waist. Minjung did not protest much to his liking, for now, hugging her was enough for him.

“God, my wife’s cooking is the best,” he hummed in appreciation after a sip of the soup.

“Who said I’m becoming your wife?” she spat.

Suho just shrugged, “well, we pretty much know that you’ll be my wife anyway,” he said. “Minjung-aa, thank you, I love you.”

And Minjung’s red from head to toe.


Alright, that's it. what do ya think?? :)

The epilog will be added soon :)