010

Duplicity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Wow, Sohee. You're a party girl now," Krystal had when Sohee told her that she's going to Jiyong's friend's party later that night. Sohee only laughed at the comment but on the car ride to the party, she started to wonder how much she's gotten used to this life because she's starting to have a difficult time remembering what her life before this was like. At the party, she sat at the patio outside with Owen, just chatting about random things. Jiyong had disappeared with his friends the moment they arrived at the door. Sohee didn't mind, though. Owen is a good company and it's nice to have someone to talk to.

Sohee went to the kitchen to grab a can of soda for herself when she spotted Jiyong sitting on the kitchen island with his friends. She thought about just walking back to the patio but then she saw Kiko walking into the house out of the corner of her eye. So she decided to play the part of a good girlfriend by going over there and standing in between his legs, getting on her tippy toes to kiss him. "Hi," she said to a surprised Jiyong. "Hi," he replied, coughing to mask his surprise. For a bit, she wondered if Kiko saw that but she decided to lean her head on his chest as his arms instinctively reached to pull her closer. "Bye," she said after a few seconds, smiling as brightly as she could for the benefit of everyone else who was watching. An amused look crossed Jiyong's face and before he could say anything, she turned around to go back to the patio. On her way out, she saw Kiko whispering something to her friend while glaring at her.

***

After a few hours of hanging out with Owen and a few different people that Sohee had recently gotten to know, her eyes spotted Jiyong and Kiko arguing on the far side of the backyard. Her hand was resting on his arm while Jiyong looked angry, trying to push her hand away.

"What are they fighting about?" Owen asked.

Sohee shrugged. Secretly, she's hoping that they're fighting about her, which means that their plan to make Kiko jealous is working. Jiyong should be happy about that, she thought. It's been almost four months since they started this whole thing and while she's no longer on her toes when Kiko walks by anymore, she's starting to feel like all of their efforts to make Kiko jealous have been wasted since she hasn't been showing any reactions. She wondered if she's not being convincing enough, in which case she needs to start acting more like his girlfriend. Or if Kiko knows about their charade, in which case there's really no point in doing any of this anymore.

"You know... people only fight if they still care," Owen remarked.

Of course. Kiko and Jiyong must still care about each other, she concluded, a little sadly, They must still care about each other a lot.

Right then, Jiyong stalked over to where Sohee was sitting and asked without sparing her a glance, "Let's go,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter