Chapter Five

Mission Impossible

There was another order. Two lungs and a couple bags of blood. Kai hefted the boxes onto his shoulders, not wanting Kyungsoo to strain himself. The boy seemed so much smaller than he, even though he was the older of the two. Jongin didn't know why, but he just wanted to protect him from any and all harm. He hoped that he would never have to know what they were really dealing with, that the hyung could stay pure forever. 
Kyungsoo thought it was weird that Kai was calling him to work, yet he was just standing around watching him lift boxes of wine. Not that he was complaining. The dark skinned boy was extremely well built, and with every heave, toned biceps and a hint of ab showed through the loose muscle tank that he had on. Kyungsoo tried to stop himself from staring. God, what was wrong with him? Feeling another onslaught of guilt over Sarah, he hurried over to the truck of boxes. Fumbling around, not used to the heaviness, he accidentally broke open a top. Panicking slightly, he set the load down, checking the damage. It could easily be fixed with more tape. The big roll of black FRAGILE stickiness was unraveled, and Kyungsoo unsealed the box entirely to make the taping over process neater. 
The packing tape rolled away, coming to a stop next to Jongin's knocked up Converse.
"D.O?"
Jongin leaned down to pick up the runaway office supply, and crossed the lot to where Kyungsoo was squatting, frozen.
The contents of the box leered up at him.
It wasn't wine.
It wasn't wine.
It wasn't. Wine.
"You lied, Kai."
Six bags of B positive lied in the container, swathed in dry ice. 
"D.O...I can explain."
He didn't want to hear it. Kai had flat out lied to him. He didn't sign up for this. Was this even legal? He tore open the rest of the boxes. More blood, organs, stuff he had only ever saw in movies. Where did he even get these? 
Kyungsoo shuddered involuntarily at the last question. He didn't want to think about what Kai had done to get hold of the contents of the boxes. He didn't want to think about the other man,  running late to one of their dates because he was out on a "mission". What if everything else was a lie? In the months that he had been living in Kai's house, he'd been happier than he had ever been, glowing from whispered sweet nothings late at night through a thin wall after having too much to drink, not remembering anything in the morning. Were those lies, too? The one time that Jongin had spoken the words, "I love you" so quietly that Kyungsoo wasn't sure that was what he said. Was that also a ruse? Was he just using him?
"I'm not a toy, Kim Jongin. I don't want to be something you can throw away when you tire of it. I'm a relatively easy going man, but the one thing I can't abide is dishonesty. I'm sorry, I have to go. Our relationship was built on lies anyways, but now it's not stable enough to house us both. I'm going to get my things. I'll be out by tomorrow morning. Thanks for the hospitality. I hope that not everything was a lie."
"You have nowhere to go," Jongin stated, seemingly emotionless, matter-of-fact.
"I'll figure something out. I can stay with Sarah if it comes to that. Goodbye."
And somehow, that hurt Jongin more than anything else the man had said. The thought of Kyungsoo living in Sarah's house, in Sarah's bedroom, in Sarah's bed, was almost unbearable. 
But he just let Kyungsoo walk away without a word.