Chapter One

Mission Impossible

Table, TV, couch, pile of pillows, mini basketball hoop, bookshelf. The sun streamed in lazily into the room, illuminating the sparse yet cozy furnishings of Do Kyungsoo's living room. Eventually, it comes to fall upon the lightly snoring owner of the house. He's fallen asleep yet again in the midst of study, the imprint of his pencil fresh as he lifted his head from the desk. 
Kyungsoo woke up to an uncomfortable, but not unbearable pain, and reached up to remove the pencil from it's night of rest in his cheek. He looked at the clock on the table. 6:20 AM. Darn it all. Suddenly wide awake, the boy pushed back his chair and stuffed his books back into his bag. Not needing to change due to a mandated uniform, he's out the door in less than ten minutes, just pausing to run a brush over his teeth and sleep mussed brown hair. There was no time for breakfast, but Kyungsoo knew that he wouldn't go hungry. 
He dialed the long since memorized number and was greeted immediately by, "Kyungie!! You're late again aren't you? Don't worry, I made you a bento! Oppa fighting!❤️" He cringed, hating when girls acted cute but not saying anything about it. No way was he breaking things off with her just because of a personal preference. Not now, not ever.
"Love you, babe. Fighting indeed. See you in five."
Hanging up, he reached the school at a light jog, effectively energized by the early exercise and eager for Sarah but, more importantly, the food that came with her presence. 
"Oppa!" she was waiting at the usual spot in front of the library, looking cute but underdressed in a peasant blouse and miniskirt.
Kyungsoo greeted his girlfriend of three years with a kiss and his jacket, deftly reaching behind her as he did so and stealing the package she was holding. She squealed in protest, but it was evident that she didn't mind at all in the way she lovingly wrapped the garment around her. After all, she had woken up at 4:30 just to prepare Kyungsoo's favorite bento, knowing he had likely been studying late again. However, the man in question did not have enough time to open her gift, kissing her absentmindedly again before dashing off to make the warning bell.
"Don't forget the party tonight!" she called to his retreating form. The one addressed gave her a grin with those irresistible heart shaped lips, then turned back on her and into the school. Sarah sighed, knowing that these few minutes before classes was all that she could ask for from her boyfriend's busy schedule, knowing this party might be the once in a month time they'll be together for more than thirty minutes at a time. She would have liked for it to be a romantic date, but Tao was a good friend of theirs, and his birthday party couldn't be missed (possibly due to the known fact that he was a cheeky crybaby).
The sky showed promise of another beautiful October day, yet the chill was penetrating. Shivering despite Kyungsoo's letterman jacket, Sarah made her way to her car, gratefully accepting the cup of cocoa the chauffeur handed her as he closed the door behind him. He motioned for the car to start, and the vehicle sped off.

-------------

Parties, work, wine, dancing, late night drives.
The sun comes in a straight way, but it didn't bother Kai, thanks to the closed curtains. He was sleeping in his comfortable bed and fluffy pillow after overworking the day before. His breakfast was ready on his desk: fresh toast, eggs, and cheese with an orange juice. It was 12:35 PM, but Kai was still sleeping, his usual time of awakening 3 PM. However, his phone started ringing. Kai did not answer, but the phone kept ringing. Getting angry, he answered.
*********TAO AND KAI PHONE CALL*********
"HEY ARE YOU COMING TO MY BIRTHDAY PARTY KAI"
"Tao why are you shouting I can hear you fine. You're really annoying even on week days; you woke me up. Yes I will come, but I may be late."
"I have this one friend and he and his girlfriend will be coming. So don't treat them in a bad way because I am really close to him, and talk to him in a good way please." 
"Yes okay I'm going to hang up now."
*********END CALL*********
Kai went to the bathroom. He brushed back his hair and put on his jeans and chemise to go early to work.
What should I get him for a birthday gift? Ah yeah I'll get him his favorite thing. 
He prepared a black suit and white bow and ordered Tao's present.
Kai's dad knocked on his room door.
"Jongin can I come in?" said his father.
"Sure. Wait a second I'll open the door."
"Hey Kai there's something important: a new mission you have to do. But you need someone to work with you to help deliver and take the money. You have less than two days to get someone because your mission will be coming, so think fast and act quickly."
"Ah okay Dad I will try my best. Also I need to go and get Tao's gift so I may not be able to make the meeting today..."
"It's the last time Jongin, okay?"
"Yes, for sure."

r.A/N: I am so SO excited for this story! We have been through such complications, and this chapter has actually been drafted for a week before we have finally posted it. I still have to figure out how to get our cover pic on here XD. Thank you very much for reading! I hope you enjoyed. Comments are much appreciated;)