Chapter Four (pt. 2)

Mission Impossible

------
"Hey Jongin. It's me, Kyung. Is it okay if I live with you for a couple weeks? My dad...my dad...It's complicated but as of now my mom and I are homeless. She's staying at our grandmother's, but I know their house is small, and I don't want to worry anyone even more, so I told her I could stay at someone's house. Please say yes. Call me back. I need you."
Kai lifted the phone from his ear, shocked from the new information in the voicemail but unexplainably happy about those three words.
"I need you."
There was never any doubt that he'd help him. Kim Jongin didn't think he'd ever be able to refuse Kyungsoo. He picked up the phone again to call him back.
-------
"Well, looks like everything is moved in." They look around at the suddenly cluttered living room. 
"I'm sorry, Jongin, that I have so much stuff. It's just that my house-my old house-was really big. I tried to tell my mom I didn't need so much, but she wouldn't listen."
"No, don't apologize. I like it. I've always lived alone except for my father's occasional appearances, and it's nice to finally have more things to cozy up the place."
Kai smiled at Kyungsoo, trying not to let it show how happy he was to simply have the man next to him. He was ecstatic about the new living arrangements, having D.O just next door, a flimsy wall away. 
-------
Kyungsoo wanted to punch himself. Why did he think this was a good idea? Having Jongin a room away, probably in his bed too...
This wouldn't do at all. It was 3 AM, and there was still school tomorrow, yet he was still lying in a foreign bed unable to sleep. Thoughts of the man next door racing around his head, refusing to let him rest in peace. Was Jongin asleep?