Part 5: Start of a new beginning

Don't go

"Xiuminie hyung, come here! " Our maknae beckoned me over. 

"Sehun-ah, you know I love you." I smiled to myself. Life has been good.

Luhan has been gone for nearly half a year now, during which time, the gap in my heart was filled with warmth and love once again, all thanks to my members. One person in particular helped me through it all. Sehun. I can truly say that he is a man now, not the naive young boy I first met all those years ago. I fact, I think Luhan's departure encouraged us all to mature in some ways. Dealing with loss, regret, hopelessness and self-blame were vital skills that had to be learned the hard way. However, it was inevitable that I still missed Luhan sometimes, because he was one of the best friends I ever had, but now I can truly say I have 10 more to include on my ever-growing list. However, Luhan will always be my first love, no matter what. He awakened a part of my heart I never knew existed until I met him and given him a part of me that I had given no one else before. Of course, I still keep in touch with my little deer regularly, whether it be through social media, or texts, calls and rarely even face to face when EXO heads to China, but the long distance was straining on our relationship, so we decided mutually to remain good friends instead of lovers. 

Being a man of 25 years of age, I do regularly think about dating and day dream about finding "the one" to start a family with, yet right now I am satisfied with the course of my personal life and I don't want to destroy it by racing into something I'm not ready to commit to. Sometimes, I think the answer is right before my eyes. 

"Xiumin-ah, let's get bubble tea together. Come on!" Sehun takes my hand into his and drags me out the door like a energetic puppy.

Yes, sometimes the answer is right before my eyes.