Part 1: The Beginning

Don't go

Your little arms are about to fly towards me

Seeing you wave your hand, asking me to come to your side


"Xiumin, my little Baozi! Come here!" I love the way you always beckon me to your side with that angelic smile of yours. Even when I'm down and alone, you still look at me and suddenly everything's alright. Even when the other members are off, doing mischief and I, their elder brother, is left to watch from the sidelines as an elder should, you come to me with joy on your face and voice ringing with mirth and laughter. And then suddenly I'm not alone anymore and the responsibility of being the eldest is lifted off my shoulders a bit. 


That pitiful gaze, the story that is too confusing

It was that night that you were blown into my heart and collected inside


I guess our relationship changed that one night, when it was just you and me sitting by the river at the park. You looked at me with curiosity and I looked right back at you with trembling eyes and a wavering heart. 


You took me by surprise and said " Xiumin, tell me about your life." 


I stared blankly at you, slightly confused. "But Luhan, you already know me. We live in the same dorm 24/7, we dance together, we sing together, we travel the world together. We know each other better than anyone." 


"Yeah, I know, but I want to know what your life was like before you met me."


So I told you. I told you everything because I couldn't deny you anything. As I recounted my childhood, how I was always called "bun-face" because of my chubbiness, before finally realising my dreams of becoming a singer and training long and hard to turn this dream into a reality, you looked at me with fascination like I was a flower in the desert. When I finished my tale, a wave of disappointment and sadness washed over your face. 

Surprised that such a bright person like you should ever display such forlornness, I placed my hand on your slim shoulders, questioning "What's wrong, Luhan?" 

You looked at me with the saddest eyes and told me your story before you met me. 


You were a boy no bigger than 5, when you lost a father. At 10, bullies plagued you. However, relief came at 13, when you transitioned to high school and became popular, having won, with arduous effort and hard work, the title of soccer captain along with a fan club of girls. Love came, but in it's cruelest form, when at 15, you fell head over heels for this girl, who neither acknowledge you nor returned your unwavering affections. For 2 years, you held onto this unrequited love, until at 17, grief washed over you once more, when you saw your best friend die before your eyes in a car accident. You said that you should've died with him because you were in that same car as he, but I have never heard anything less true. 


"That's BULL!" I tell you. "You're the most caring, resilient person in this world. If anyone were to die, it shouldn't be you!"


Teardrops now silently raced each other down your face as you continue your story. 


One year later, a young man of 18, you decided to pursue your dream of being a singer, so you decided to move to Korea. However, your mother was highly against this idea, telling you that she would disown you if you followed the path that your heart so desperately craved. Although you loved your mother, you still followed your heart which led you to Korea, a foreign land where you were a fish out of water and with no support, no money, no home and barely any possessions, you worked yourself to the bone just to be able to afford an apartment and some food. One day, you were walking around the Myeongdong area when you impressed a nearby SM recruiter who booked you an audition at his company and although your singing was a bit wobbly at the start, SM Entertainment accepted you as a trainee. 


That's when I met you. 


By the end of the story, your tears had dried and you faced me with a timid smile, but your eyes only spoke of sadness. It was that night, looking into your eyes that you were blown into my heart and I realized that I loved you even more, pledging from then on, I would make you smile every single day.