Squealed So Hard

J-hope, Backstage and Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After several minutes staring at my Instagram account, I scrolled through the fanpics of BTS in the airport. Most of them were posted just minutes ago. I saw the others too, Rapmon, Jimin, V, Jungkook, Jin, and Suga. They look as adorable as usual, smiling ang waving their hands to the fans outside the airport. Jhope looks tired but managed to throw a smile, that sunshine smile which I love so much. 

 

I switch back the app from Instagram to Line. The last message from this 'Jhope' was

"Sorry I don't know your name."

 

How could I tell him my name if I don't even believe he was Jhope in the first place? He was too unreal, he was not supposed to be present in my real life. He's just picture I enjoy, the voice I adore, the face that makes me smile.

 

I had some Grammar exercise for tomorrow morning class, and I decided to just open my book and work on it. However, Lauren and Val have already filled the group chat with hundreds of pictures and several fantaken videos of the concert. I downloaded all of them and suddenly felt bad for not being able to take any photos using my own phone. 

 

"Ya!  Rissa! Don't you have any photos from your phone? Rapmon pics, perhaps?" Val requested. 

 

"Sorry I don't have any photos, my battery was low and I couldn't use it for anything.. " I said. 

 

"You didn't bring your powerbank?" Lauren asked, annoyed. 

 

"No I didn't." I would rather lie to them because in this state, there were too much going on to be told to them. I will tell them everything once I know everything clearly. 

 

Lauren and Val filled in the chat and I came back to my grammar exercise book, trying so hard to concentrate. My phone kept ringing with groupchat notification, indicating my two friends were chatting, probably talking about the concert,  thw highlight and their favorite part of it. 

 

I just scrolled through the chats and added some short response, in between my attempt to do the exercise. I wasn't feeling so excited to talk about the concert because I felt that the most exciting thing from tonight's event was not the concert. It's my encounter with Jhope, and I still remember every second that I spent with him. It was short, but very close and intense. I looked back to Line message from 'Jhope' and tried to read the messages from the top again. I hope I could find any clue whether this people is really Jhope or not. But I was clueless. How do I know this person? How could I verify him and make sure it was not just some sort of a very bad joke from my friends? I felt so frustrated and almost typed down everything to the groupchat, but I restrain myself from doing so, because I don't even have proof at all. 

 

I checked 'Jhope' Line account and found that his profile picture was not his own photo.  It was some kind of a wallpaper/album cover.  I'm not sure. I looked at his phone number and realized it was a Korean country code, followed by mobile phone number. I tried to save the number to my phone and made a call to that number. Not connected.

 

Being confused, I scroll through the chat again and realize that he knew my screenlock was Jhope's photo. If this 'Jhope' is really Jhope, I must have been embarassing myself too soon in front of him. 

 

I finished my grammar exercise quickly and went to brush my teeth. After I got back to my room, my sister was there, holding my phone on her hand, touching the screen. I widened my eyes in shock and yelled at her.

 

"Yaaa! How dare you touching my phone!" I screamed while snatching my phone from her hands.

 

"What? I'm just looking for the photos from the concert." she said innocently. "Where is Jimin? Where do you save the photos taken from camera? Device memory or card mem

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter