8. Truth

Wonderland

 

 

 

Truth

 

 

 

 

"It's the boy!" Kyungsoo whispers.

 

 

 

He looks back at the photo, his mouth gaping open. He was sure the boy in the photo was the same person as the man lying on the floor in front of him. He freezes when he hears the door open, he looks behind himself and looks at Jongin's appering figure. He examines the boy's frowning expression. Kyungsoo stands up and walks slowly towards Jongin. They stop. Only a few centimeters were in between them. Jongin lifts his head to look at Kyungsoo and Kyungsoo stares into the boy's dark but beautiful eyes.

 

 

 

They share a moment of silence before Kyungsoo turns around to the body on the floor.

 

 

 

"Who is he." he asks. He turns his head to grant a look at Jongin who was again staring at the floor, nibbling nervously on his lower lip.

 

 

 

"This is the reason you left me... And you'll leave me again." Kyungsoo furrows his eye brows, not understanding why Jongin was telling him that.

 

 

 

"What do you mean?" he questions, he looks at the body and up at the face.

 

 

 

 

Wait!

 

 

 

"Jongin..." Kyungsoo whispers, his mouth opens and he falls down on his shins. He feels two strong hands wrap around his waist. He feels the urge to hug the younger but at the same time he wants to push the boy away from him.

 

 

 

Why?

 

 

And how?

 

 

 

 

"Is he... He is..." Jongin hums a yes and Kyungsoo turns his head around to look at the boy. He slightly pushes the boy away and stands up.

 

 

 

"Wasn't he supposed to be dead?" he questions. Jongin nods his head down but lifts it up when he hear a little grunt. They both look at Kyung who's eyes were open. The man was trying to sit up and Kyungsoo hurried to the man's side and helped him to sit up.

 

 

They looked at each other before Kyung smiled.

 

 

 

"You look like me!" Kyungsoo smiles, nodding his head.

 

 

 

Kyung looks away from Kyungsoo and freezes when he spots Jongin who was still sitting on the floor. A hand was brought up in the air and Kyungsoo looked at the man who's mouth was open, letting out a shaky voice.

 

 

 

"H-he is still here?" Kyungsoo looks at Jongin and Kyung with a questioning frown. Jongin doesn't move, his eyes glued on the floor.

 

 

 

"Do you mean Jongin?" Kyungsoo asks, Kyung nods as he sniffs.

 

 

 

"He was supposed to..."

 

 

 

 

"NO!" Jongin interrupts Kyung, Kyungsoo looks at the boy who was on the floor, his face was red and Kyungsoo noticed he was breathing in and out very slowly, as if he was trying to calm himself down.

 

 

 

"Don't... Kyung, if you ever loved me, don't."

 

 

 

"Loved? Seriously Jongin?" Kyungsoo looks at both, not understanding why the two lovers were quarreling.

 

 

 

 

"Kyung I never -"

 

 

 

"Jongin, I thought the last time was enough to make you -"

 

 

 

"Don't! Kyungsoo, can you go away please?" Jongin looks up at Kyungsoo with a pleading look in his eyes, Kyungsoo nods but when he was about to go away from the room a hand wraps around his wrist to pull him back. Kyungsoo looks at Kyung who was surprisingly, crying.

 

 

 

"Why Kyung?" Kyungsoo asks, he looks back at Jongin who was glaring at Kyung.

 

 

 

"Kyungsoo, you need to hear everything, I don't know why Jongin went back to you but you should hear the truth about everything." Kyungsoo nods, not understanding anything. Kyung looks at Jongin and back at Kyungsoo.

 

 

 

 

"Jongin is a liar." Jongin was about to stand up, but didn't when he saw Kyungsoo look at him with a threatening face.

 

 

 

 

"What do you mean?" Kyungsoo asks, turning his gaze away from Jongin.

 

 

 

 

"He probably already told you the story?" Kyungsoo nods.

 

 

 

"Well, that's ing bull!" Kyungsoo's eyes widen.

 

 

 

 

"What do you mean Kyung?"

 

 

 

 

"Your prince here isn't a prince, yes we were friends but Jongin here has always been a manipulative bastard who only knew how to make people obey him." Kyungsoo looked at Jongin who was looking at him with pleading eyes, pleading for him to leave.

 

 

 

"Jongin, what's happening?" Kyungsoo was about to go to Jongin's side when he feels Kyung pull him back towards him.

 

 

 

 

"Kyungsoo, listen to me!" Kyung pulls Kyungsoo away from the kitchen to the living room.

 

 

 

 

"You should leave this world! Right now!" Kyung shouts, Kyungsoo was pushed to the entrance door and Kyung opened it for him.

 

 

 


"But I-"

 

 

 

"Kyungsoo, go away! I'll protect you from Jongin." Kyung shouted, Kyungsoo froze. He was pushed outside the house and the door was closed. He looked at the door.

 

 

 

What happened?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

*  *  * 

 

 

 

 

 

 

He was happy that he learned how to 'walk' on air. He was now sitting on one cloud, staring around himself. Everything had returned to normal, he could see the fields, the butterflies flying through the colorful flowers and the little animals trotting in the green grass.

 

 

 

He sighed. He didn't understand anything Kyung had told him. He was supposed to leave but how? And why should he leave if he wanted to stay with Jongin?

 

 

Was it true Jongin had lied to him about the story?

 

 


He didn't know what to do, trust a total stranger or have faith in another stranger he had kissed more than once?

 

 

 

"Jongiin..." he sighed.

 

 

 

He jumps up when he feels a hand on his shoulder. He turns around to see Jongin smiling sadly at him. He was about to ask him how he found him when he remembered the last time he had called Jongin.

 

 

 

"Jongin... You're here." Jongin nodded.

 

 

 

"Please tell me what that was about." Jongin sighed.

 

 

 

"Kyung is crazy... I thought he was dead, but one day he came back with a crazy thought that I was the villain in this story." Kyungsoo nodded.

 

 

 

"But he told me you had lied to me..."

 

 

 

"It's true... I lied to you Kyungsoo, and that was why you left me after I told you the truth... I'm not a prince Kyungsoo I-"

 

 

 

"I don't care if you aren't a prince Jongin." Kyungsoo shouted, too shocked Jongin would ever think he would leave Jongin over such a tiny thing.

 

 

 

 

"No Kyungsoo, you don't understand. I'm not a prince, I was a mere kitchen boy in the castle... I killed them all..." Kyungsoo's eyes widen in size.

 

 

 


"What?"

 

 

 


"I killed the others when they tried to kill Kyung. I wasn't the prince, but I still loved Kyung... I killed the other and Kyung was left safe."

 

 

 

 

"What do you mean, I don't understand Jongin!"

 

 

 

 

"I'm not the prince, I'm the boy who killed the prince's boyfriend..." Kyungsoo didn't know what to say and Jongin understood it.

 

 

 

"I loved him so much Kyungsoo... I wanted him to be mine... And I was the one who told everyone about them being together... I'm so sorry!" Jongin shook his head as a few tears rolled down his cheeks.

 

 

 

Kyungsoo stared at the boy, still trying to understand the new story plot.

 

 

 

"I'm sorry Jongin..." he whispered as he walked a few steps away from the boy.

 

 

 

 



 

 

Author's Note;

 

Word Count: 1186

 

I hope you liked this chapter!

Thank you for still following this!