2. In the land of Wonders

Wonderland

 

 

In The Land Of Wonders

 

 

 

"Where the heck am I?" he looked frantically around himself. He could only see green field and flowers. He turned his head to look at the tree. He walked closer to it. When he was standing in front of it he brought his hand up and caressed it.

 

He saw something written on it. He squinted his eyes to try and see it, but it looked like it was written in a foreign language.

 

"Welcome." he froze on his place. He recognised the voice coming from behind. Suddenly he felt a hand on his shoulder. He turned around fast, to see a smirking magician standing in front of him. His eyes widened and his mouth fell agape.

 

"Wha-what-" his hand was up pointing at the smiling magician.

 

"Calm down, and by the way; You can breathe." the magician chuckled. It was  then that Kyungsoo realised he had stopped breathing. He looked down in embarrassment.

 

"I'm sure you're wondering where you are?" Kyungsoo nodded.

 

"I'll answer all of your questions after we go somewhere else. I don't like this place." Kyungsoo stared at the magician who was frowning, looking around as if something would come and eat them. He felt a hand on his own and soon he was dragged upwards.

 

 

 

 

Upwards?

 

 


When he didn't feel anything under his feet, he looked down to see the green field slowly becoming tinier. He felt a shiver go through his body when he realised he was in the air, without nothing under his feet. He looked up with his eyes wide open to see the magician walking on... what was he walking on? Air? How can he walk on air??? He looked around fanatically, feeling panicked he squeezed the magician's hand and closed his eyes tightly.

 

"Don't worry, I'll never let you fall." the magician whispered as he looked at the scared boy.

 

After a few minutes and realising he wouldn't fall; if the magician was with him it was okay, right?

 

He decided to open his eyes and carefully looked around, he saw clouds and birds flying around them. Slowly he became more comfortable and enjoyed the sight of different animals on each clouds; there were birds, dogs and even dolphins - and Kyungsoo thought they preferred living under water -, on one of the clouds there were colorful butterflies, as beautiful as a the sunrise.

 

"Beautiful." he whispered, staring at how the butterflies were flying around, leaving sparkles behind them.

 

"I know, they are a rare race of butterflies. They prefer living on clouds, instead of the ground where normal butterflies are." the magician explained to him. He nodded, still in awe.

 

They soon landed on an empty cloud. He stared at the magician who sat down on it, bringing his knees close to his chest. He imitated the magician and sat down on the cloud.

 

He looked down and saw other empty clouds below them. He lifted his head up and looked at the magician, who was staring at him.

 

"I'm Kyungsoo." he said to the boy. The magician smiled.

 

"I know." Kyungsoo frowned.

 

"How?"

 

"Intuition." he furrowed his eyebrows in disbelief. The magician chuckled.

 

"What's your name?" Kyungsoo asked, giving up on knowing how the magician knew who he was.

 

"Kim Jongin." the magician who now had a name smiled.

 

"Nice to meet you, but can you tell me where the heck am I?" Kyungsoo asked abruptly.

 

"Oh yeah... You're in my world, it's my wonderland full of wonder and marvels." Jongin grinned.

 

"What the ? Is this a joke? Because it isn't funny." Jongin frowned.

 

"I'm sorry." Kyungsoo frowned.

 

"What do you mean you're sorry?" he asked the tanned man.

 

"I brought you here... I wanted to..." Jongin stopped talking and sighed. He stood up and started walking away. Kyungsoo's eyes widened when he saw the boy jump down from the cloud. He jumped up and run to where Jongin was a second ago and looked down to see nothing.

 

"What the heck?" he whispered.

 

 

 

 

 

*  *  *

 

 

 

 

 

He sighed. He was alone, sitting on a cloud, in a wonderland, helplessly waiting for a magician named Kim Jongin, who jumped down from the cloud he was sitting on right now.

 

Kyungsoo has said many weird things in his life, but he would have never imagined himself ever saying that.

 

"Is this a dream?" he asked himself. He pinched his arm, ending up yelping out of pain. He shook his head, muttering a no.

 

"Where are you, Jongin? Come back..." he whispered, placing his head on his knees. He closed his eyes in sadness.

 

He opened them in shock when he felt a hand on his head. He looked up to see Jongin smiling at him.

 

"Where the heck were you?" he yelled at the man, he stood up to glare at the boy.

 

"You didn't want me to be with you, so I left." Jongin replied with a sad face.

 

"And why did you come back?" Kyungsoo asked, looking at the taller male in the eyes.

 

"Because you asked." Jongin replied fast, closing his eyes. The boy brought his hand to his temple and massaged it.

 

"What the heck?" Kyungsoo whispered under his breath.

 

"I'm sorry Jongin, but could you explain why I am here?" Jongin opened his eyes and nodded, they sat down on the cloud.

 

"Why did you bring me here?" Kyungsoo asked, he stared at the embarrassed Jongin.

 

"I wanted to talk to you..." he whispered.

 

"What? And you couldn't do it in my world?"

 

"You- you were with you friend... and I'm way too shy in that world." Kyungsoo frowned.

 

"Too shy? Says the man who was showing a full magic show with tons of y smirks." Kyungsoo muttered the last part under his breath, thinking that Jongin wouldn't hear. Hearing the words Kyungsoo had muttered, Jongin looked up, his mouth forming an 'o'.

 

"Se-y? M-me?" Jongin stuttered. Kyungsoo blushed, realising the handsome man had heard what he had said.

 

"So-sorry! You were ... hot?" Kyungsoo gulped. Jongin smiled, nodding his head.

 

"Thank you, I guess? Do you have other questions, Kyungsoo?" Jongin asked, different shades of red decorating his tanned cheeks.

 

Kyungsoo nodded. He slightly opened his mouth, but a weird sound caught his attention.

 

"What was that?" he asked, looking behind himself. Jongin frowned.

 

"It's nothing..." he whispered. Kyungsoo looked back at him.

 

"Really?" Jongin nodded.

 

"Tell me Jongin, what is this world?" he sighed.

 

"I told you, this is my wonderland."

 

"Yeah, but is this a real world? Or just an imaginary world?" Jongin chuckled.

 

"Of course it's real! It's just a little bit more private than where you live." Kyungsoo frowned.

 

"Explain." he muttered.

 

"Well, only those who are born here can live here." Jongin explained.

 

"So you were born here?" Jongin nodded, smiling widely at Kyungsoo.

 

"But how... can I be here then?"

 

"I brought you." Kyungsoo's mouth formed an 'o'.

 

"And why... did you want to talk to me?"

 

"Just because." Kyungsoo sighed, giving up the asking.

 

 

 

 

 

 

*  *  *

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Where are we going?" Kyungsoo asked Jongin, who was walking in front of him. Kyungsoo had learned that in this world you could walk on air because of some air pressure that was different from the one in Kyungsoo's. He didn't believe he could do it before Jongin had pushed him down from the cloud; surprisingly he didn't fall down, but was floating in the air.

 

Jongin had laughed loudly when Kyungsoo had screamed in joy.

 

"To my place." Jongin said shortly, leading the way. The boy was walking fast and surely upwards. Kyungsoo was still unsure of the new discovery and was walking slowly, as if the air would break if he walked faster.

 

After walking for what felt like ages, they arrived in front of an empty cloud. Kyungsoo frowned and looked at Jongin who was searching for something inside his hat.

 

"There is nothing." Kyungsoo stated, he heard Jongin chuckle.

 

"Wait a minute." he nodded, gazing around the place. It was empty, it was just them and the one cloud. Even the blue sky had turned into nothing. He started to feel freaked out.

 

"What is this place... Why is there nothing?" he asked Jongin. He walked closer to the boy and looked at the hat in the boy's hands.

 

"What are you searching for?" he asked, but frowned when he didn't get any reply.

 

The only reply he heard was an 'ahaaa' after Jongin took something out of his hat.

 

 

"Close your eyes Kyungsoo, this will amaze you." Jongin said, excitedly grinning. Kyungsoo did what he was told to do and closed his eyes. He waited for a moment before he felt a hand on his shoulder. He yelped at the contact and opened his eyes. What if Jongin was a bad person and wanted to kill him?

 

 

He looked around, expecting to still be in the empty place and to see Jongin with a knife in his hand, ready to murder him, but what he saw around himself was unexpected, his eyes widened in shock and his mouth formed an 'o' to let out a gasp. He no longer was in the empty space with the cloud, but now they were surrounded by a dark blue sky with stars, under them was pure green land with colourful flowers. And in front of them was standing a big white mansion.

 

 

"Wow." Kyungsoo gasped in amazement. He turned his head around to see a grinning Jongin.

 

"You like it?" the boy asked, pointing at the surroundings. Kyungsoo nodded.

 

"Good." Jongin blushed and started walking towards the mansion.

 

Kyungsoo followed after the boy, still shocked by the place. How did they end up here? How did they go from an empty space to this... amazing one?

 

He looked up to gaze at the shining stars, there were plenty of them. In Seoul you couldn't see stars that often. Probably once a year? He wasn't sure, but he knew he has never seen so many stars in his life.

 

He stopped walking when he noticed Jongin wasn't in front of him anymore. He looked around himself to find the boy, but still couldn't find him.

 

"Jongin?" he called. No reply.

 

"Jongin!!!" he yelled, his voice echoing in the place.

 

 

He looked down, what will he do? What if Jongin was doing a prank on him by leaving him in a weird place where he has never been in? He was stuck in a different dimension, with no escape. What will he do? Was this even a different place? What if Jongin had knocked him down after the show and Baekhyun and him had played a prank on him, bringing him in a weird place? Was this only a dream?

 

He gasped when he felt hands on his eyes and he felt warm breath on his neck.

 

"Wha-what?" he stuttered. He felt a body press against his back, making his face red.

 

"Kyungsoo..." he heard Jongin's deep voice near his ear. He gulped at the beautiful voice.

 

 

"Jo-Jongin." he gasped when he felt a pair of lips on his neck, placing several butterfly kisses on it.

 

 

"What are you doing?" Kyungsoo asked when the kisses ended.

 

"I just wanted to test something."

 

"What?" Kyungsoo gasped. His mouth was wide open.

 

"SO, you freaking wanted to try and make me flustered because of your damn body pressed against me and your freaking lips?" Jongin chuckled.

 

He stopped when he saw Kyungsoo's serious face. He looked down.

 

"Sorry... I didn't think it would make you angry."

 

"You didn't? What's your problem?" Kyungsoo yelled, making the boy flinch.

 

 

"It's just that... I've lived here for ever, and alone. I've never done such things and I've seen people in your world doing this and... I thought..." he stuttered out, Kyungsoo felt a his heart stop a beat when he saw the sad face of Jongin.

 

 

"It... It's okay. But don't do that..." Jongin nodded, his face brightening up a little. Jongin took Kyungsoo's hand and they walked to the mansion. Jongin opened the door for Kyungsoo and stepped inside after the shorter boy. He closed the door behind them.

 

"This is where I've been living all my life." Jongin explained. Kyungsoo, who was looking around in amazement, nodded.

 

"Tell me Jongin. How can you do all these kind of things?" Kyungsoo asked suddenly.

 

"I... I was born this way." Jongin muttered, sitting down on the couch. Kyungsoo followed suit.

 

"So you can make anything appear?" Jongin nodded. He took his hat and placed it on Kyungsoo's lap.

 

"Want to see something?" Kyungsoo nodded. Jongin put his hand inside his hat and took out a rose, making Kyungsoo gasp.

 

"Wow!" Jongin chuckled and handed the rose to Kyungsoo.

 

"For you." the magician whispered, making the shorter blush. Kyungsoo took the rose and stared at it.

 

 

"It's beautiful." Kyungsoo whispered.

 

"It's a rare rose, it isn't supposed to die, but you can easily break it. But if you don't, it will live for ever." Kyungsoo grinned.

 

"That's amazing." Jongin nodded.

 

 

"And it's for you, for ever." Jongin whispered without Kyungsoo hearing.

 

 


 

 

 

Author's Note:

 

Word count: 2189

I hope you liked this chapter!
Tell me what you think of this in the comment section down below,

 

Thank you for reading,