5. Talk

Wonderland

 

 

 

Talk

 

 

 

 

 

 

"We... We need to talk..." Kyungsoo nodded slowly, not understanding what was happening. Jongin sighed and locked his gaze with Kyungsoo's.

 

 

"Tell me." Kyungsoo said.

 

 

"This will sound weird but..."

 

 

"We're in a wonderland Jongin, I can now hear anything without feeling weird about it." he smiled.

 

 

 

"Well... Kyungsoo... Do you feel like you've seen things around the mansion that you've seen before?" Kyungsoo nodded

 

 

 

"Kyungsoo." Jongin sighed.

 

 

"You've already been here once." Kyungsoo's eyes widened.

 

 

"Wh-what?"

 

 

"You've already been here before, last year..." Kyungsoo couldn't believe what the taller male was telling him.

 

 

"If I've ever been here I think I would have remembered, don't you think so?" Kyungsoo said sarcastically, he saw Jongin flinch from his tone.

 

 

 

"Well... When people who aren't born here go away they usually forget everything." Jongin explained. Kyungsoo's mouth fell agape as he remembered that one night when he was walking in the corridor and that he felt like he has already been there.

 

 

"So... So you mean that's how you knew my name and my nickname?" Jongin nodded with a shy smile plastered on his face.

 

 

"But... But why did you bring me here again?"

 

 

"Because I lo- like you?" Kyungsoo frowned.

 

 

 

 

"Did something happen when I was here for the first time?" Jongin frowned.

 

 

"Well... Yeah?"

 

 

"Why bring me here again then?"  Kyungsoo noticed the way Jongin looked away, as if he was embarrassed of something.

 

 

 

 

 

"What did we do?" Jongin blushed, he looked like he was remembering the time he was here for the first time.

 

 

 

"Tell me." Kyungsoo asked coldly.

 

 

 

 

"We kind of had a relationship and and and..." Jongin started panicking, his breath becoming louder as he spoke. Kyungsoo approached him, bringing the boy into a hug so that he would calm a little bit down.

 

 

 

 

"Don't worry, calm down Jongin." he caressed the boy's back.

 

 

 

 

"We made love." Jongin whispered into Kyungsoo's ear.

 

 

 

Kyungsoo progressed the information in his head. That is why Jongin felt so comfortable around him, hugging him, sleeping with him... and now he understood that morning wood. He glanced at Jongin who had his arms wrapped around his waist.

 

 

"And why did I leave you then?" Kyungsoo questioned the tanner male. Jongin squeezed Kyungsoo tightly.

 

 

"If I tell you you'll leave again." Kyungsoo sighed.

 

 

 

"I won't." he lied. But Jongin wasn't so dumb, Kyungsoo should have learned that from their first meeting. Probably he sometimes acted stupid, but he was dumb, neither naive.

 

 

"I know you will, you did it once and you'll do it again." Kyungsoo sighed.

 

 

 

"I don't want you to leave!" Jongin started shaking in his embrace. He started feeling pity for the younger boy.

 

 

 

"I don't want you to abandon me again Kyungie!" he felt something wet on his shoulder, making him nibble at his lower lip.

 

 

 

"Shh... Jongin. Calm down." he said with a calm voice.

 

 

 

What did happen before?

 

 

Why would he leave such a stupid but adorable kid?

 

 

[And did I say Jongin was adorable? What's happening to me? ] he groaned at his thoughts.

 

 

But... did something happen that made me leave him?

 

 

 

But what?

 

 

 

He glanced at the door and sighed, squeezing the weeping boy tightly as he caressed his black hair.

 

 

 

 

 

 

*  *  *

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"There is a tale that my parents used to tell me before they... disappeared." he sighed.

 

 

"Disappeared?" Kyungsoo frowned, why would they disappear?

 

 

"Yes, they disappear into your world, leaving me alone in here. They... They left this world because they wanted to."

 

 

 

"How come?"

 

 

"Shh, you'll understand after I finish this story." Kyungsoo nodded his head, listening to the boy who had his eyes closed.

 

 

 

"So... Once upon a time, in here, lived a prince who was so charming that he made all the ladies fall in love with him. Every morning and during the day the princesses from other counties and ladies from his village would come into his palace to confess their feelings to him, but he always said he didn't like them back. You could say that he was a selfish person, breaking the people's hearts, but he wasn't. He loved one person. But the person wasn't a beautiful princess or a young lady from the village."

 

 

"It was a man?" Jongin nodded his head with a sad expression on his face.

 

 

 

"Yes. During that time, being in love with a man was a sin. If two men fell in love, they risked to be killed, or tortured until they told they loved women again. I'm happy now it's okay... Well there is no one anymore, leaving me as the only one so... Heheh."

 

 


"Continue your story." Kyungsoo ordered when he felt that Jongin was going off the topic.

 

 

 

"Yes yes... Well, he was in love with a man. The man, was a very close acquaintance for the family. Everyone loved him, he was probably as beautiful as the prince. One day the prince decided to confess, but when the man when the prince tell him he loved him, he couldn't believe it, because he also shared the same feelings. They started dating in secret, trying to not get caught, but unfortunately one person saw them kissing during one night. The village was little so it was easy to go from ear to ear to tell something true or untrue. They knew the next day everyone would know about them."

 

 

"And what did happen? Did the village kill them?" Kyungsoo questioned, Jongin shook his head, continuing the story.

 

 

 

"So, that night they went to the nearby forest where an old witch resided in a little wooden house. They went to her and asked for an escape from death. She was happy to help them and made them immortal, but only one thing could kill them. Two roses. She placed their souls in it, making the roses the only thing that could kill them. If you tried to kill the men they wouldn't die, only suffer from the pain. But if you broke one of the roses, the other would die."

 

 

 

"Why does it remind me of something..."

 

 

 

"Yes I gave you the rose Kyungsoo. I gave you the rose that has my soul in it. Kyungsoo... I'm the prince in that tale."

 

 

 

"What?" Kyungsoo gasped, staring at Jongin in awe and shock.

 

 

 

"Yes. And the reason why there is no one here anymore is because they left me after killing the one I loved. It was a few hundred decades ago, so they are already dead. Leaving me alone."

 

 

 

"Who was the boy you loved? Was it the boy in the photo I saw in the black room." Kyungsoo questioned, he had placed his hand on Jongin's and now Jongin had taken it into his, squeezing it thightly.

 

 

 

"Yes. It was him."

 

 

 

"He looks so familiar..." Kyungsoo pondered. No it couldn't be... No it wasn't possible, he couldn't be the one he loved because he was dead.

 

 

 

"It's maybe because he was one of your great great grand parents."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


 

 

Author's Note;

 

Word Count: 1165

 

Thank you for reading this short chapter.