7. Steps

Wonderland

 

 

Steps

 

 

 

 

He stared up at the ceiling, lying in his - not really his - king sized bed. He was comfortably tugged under two blankets and surrounded by black and purple pillows. He sighed. Jongin's voice was stuck inside his head, making it impossible for him to sleep. He could still remembered how the boy told him everything about his past, his voice trembling from time to time and when he had to breathe in to not cry out in front of him. He remembered the pained face of the boy, how he almost cried when he told how his first love was killed.

 

 

He sighed, turning around to his side. He stared at the window; unfortunately only seeing black, because it was already night.

 

 

The day had been frustrating, but he had learned a few new things about Jongin's past, and he was happy about it even thought he didn't know everything, it was still enough for him. For now.

 

 

For him it was only a story time, but for Jongin it was opening up about his past. Kyungsoo could imagine how hard it was for him to reveal something as tragic as that to someone like Kyungsoo, someone who couldn't even remember that he lost his ity to the tanner male.

 

 

He hears the door crack open, but doesn't react to it, still staring outside. He feels the other side of the bed go down from the weight of the person who entered the room. He smiles. He feels a body lie next to him. He hears the sniffing of the boy and turns slowly to his other side to gaze at the tanned male with puffy eyes from crying secretly - just let's pretend he didn't know Jongin was crying - in the bathroom. He makes eye contact with the male and shyly smiles at him, trying to somehow comfort him. Jongin sees that and smiles back, his eyes closing a little bit.

 

 

"Good night." he hears Jongin whisper. He nods, bringing the blanket closer to his chin, trying to get warmer.

 

 

 

He was about to fall asleep when he felt two strong hands bring him closer to a warm body. He breathes in as he feels a hand slide around his waist and a leg go in between his own ones. He slowly opens his eyes to see a well built chest right in front of him, only a few centimeters between his face and the skin. He blushes, feeling warm and kiddy. He closes his eyes, breathing in and out as he tries to slow his heart beat down.

 

 

He feels a hand go up his back, making him shiver as it stopped on his neck, his head was carefully pulled closer and placed against the warm chest. He feels butterflies inside his tummy, but he still tries to calm himself down.

 

 

The hand goes up to his hair and slowly he feels Jongin caressing him, playing with a few strands of hair. At that moment, he calms down, slowly feeling sleepier. He was struggling to not close his eyes, but soon they fluttered close and he fell asleep, wrapped in Jongin's warm presence, his head on the tanner's chest.

 

 

 

 

 

 

*  *  *

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

He had to do something. He really had to. But what?

 

 

He gazes around frantically, playing with the hem of his white t-shirt, which was a little bit too big for him because it was Jongin's.

 

 

He sighs, looks down, ready to cry out. But, he froze on his place as an idea came into his mind. He looks slowly around, when he stops and stares at one of the cupboards. He quickly walks to it, opening it to look inside. He sees the last ingredient that was missing in the meal he was preparing for himself and Jongin. He grins, taking it out when he finds it and goes back to the stove. He opens it and pours a little bit of it on the food. He smirks when he smells the delicious smell of the food.

 

 

Jongin will surely love this.

 

 

He cuts the fire out, takes the pan off of the stove and brings it outside of the kitchen to the living room where Jongin is sitting by the table. He places the pan down, slowly lifting his eyes up to see Jongin his own lips, eyeing the food as if it was his pray. He clears his throat and Jongin looks up.

 

 


"You can take now." Kyungsoo gives Jongin the permission to take his portion. Jongin nods happily as he takes the amount of food he wants. Kyungsoo sits down on the other side of the table, staring at Jongin, trying to suppress his laugh.

 

 

Jongin finishes taking the food and Kyungsoo takes some for himself. He tries it first, before he moans at the delicious taste of the food.

 

 

"It's so good!" he hears Jongin moan as well, he grins and continues eating. Not seeing the delighted face of Jongin when he looks up at him.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

*  *  *

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Kyungsoo. You've been here for the amount of time I wished you to be here for..." Kyungsoo looks up from his plate, his eye brows furrowing from the shaking voice.

 

 

"What do you mean Jongin?" he questions, knowing what Jongin is about to tell him.

 

 

"You... You told me you wanted to go back home." he whispers, staring at the table.

 

 

"Yeah and?"

 

 

"You can if you want." Kyungsoo smiles.

 

 

 

"What if I don't want to?" Jongin looks up with his eyes wide open in surprise.

 

 

 

"Really?" Jongin gasps. Kyungsoo nods, feeling his heart beating faster from the adorable sight of Jongin.

 

 

 

"Really." he whispers, staring at Jongin. His eyes furrow when he sees the boy look up, looking at nothing with an angry expression on his beautiful face. He tilts his head before he froze. He hears the sound now.

 

 

 

The sound of steps.

 

 

 

 

 

*  *  *

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

He didn't understand what happened after Jongin ran out of the living room. His eyes lingered on the chair he was sitting on, before they slowly moved to the doorway where Jongin went to. He looked at how the boy rushed outside, as if there was a fire inside. He stared at the entrance door that was left opened, letting air come inside through it.

 

 

He stood up from his chair and walked to the door with his legs shaking for no reason at all. Or was there a reason?

 

 

When he arrived to the door, he peaked outside.

 

 

 

To see what? To see nothing.

 

 

Literally nothing.

 

 

 

The green field with blooming red and purple flowers, the animals galloping, everything was gone. He frantically searched for something, anything. But there was nothing. He glanced down, nothing. Up; nothing.

 

 

 

He didn't know what to do, he stepped backwards and closed the door. He breathed in and out, way too confused to think properly. He ran to the stars and climbed them to the upper levels of the big house. He went to Jongin's room and looked outside the window. Nothing. He went to sit on Jongin's bed and sighed. What was happening? Why did Jongin rush out of the house like that?

 

 

 

He slowly turned his head to look behind himself after hearing a crack coming from the corridor. His heart was beating frantically and he stood up, to tip toe to the door. He was about to open it when he heard a thud . His eyes widened. With shaking legs he took a few steps backwards and waited. He didn't know why he was nervous. He didn't know why his body was reacting like this. But he knew there was a reason for it.

 

 

He heard steps, steps coming closer to the door. His eyes were glued on it, waiting for it to open. He counted seconds inside his head, 1, 2, 3... But nothing happened. The steps stopped and his heart calmed down.

 

 

 

Knock

 

 

 

Knock

 

 

 

 

Knock

 

 

 

 

Knock

 

 

 

His eyes widened after hearing the slow knocking sound.

 

 

 

He gulped.
 

 

 

 

He took a few steps forward. His shaking hand slowly moving up to be placed on the cold door knob. He squeezed it before closing his eyes, as he slowly opened the door. He breathed out and opened his eyes to widen them.

 

 

 

"Who are you?"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

*  *  *

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

It wasn't normal. The air wasn't normal. The smell wasn't normal. Nothing was normal. He felt dizzy. And he had a head ache. He opened his eyes, remembering the night mare he had the night before. Or was it a night mare? He couldn't see anything. It was too dark.

 

 

 

He closed his eyes again, to see a face. Who was it? And what happened? He tried to examine the face in his head, but whenever he tried, it dissapeard. He opened his eyes again, sighed. He moved his fingers, they felt sore. He could hear them cracking. He tried to stand up, but felt something pull him back on the cold floor.

 

 

 

Was it a rope?

 

 

 

No, it felt different.

 

 

 

 

 

Arms?

 

 

 

 

 

He tried to move again, but in vain. Something or someone was hugging him tightly to the floor. He tried to breathe, but his lungs were burning. What happened? Who was the person at the door? What did he do?

 

 

 

He brought one of his hands to his face and was happy to see he could still move it. He scratched his forehead and yawned.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

*  *  *

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

His eyes flutter open, again, when bright sunlight comes out of the room's windows. He yawns and looks at the person lyings next to him in the bed. He smiled when he saw Jongin's opened eyes, staring at his face.

 

 

"Good morning." Jongin whispered. Kyungsoo smiles, but froze after flashbacks from yesterday came back into his mind.

 

 

"Wha-what did happen yesterday?" he asks, sitting down in the bed. He looks frantically around himself.

 

 

 

"Nothing." Jongin said with no emotions in his voice. Kyungsoo turns around to face the younger with a eye brow furrowed.

 

 

 

"Nothing?" he repeats.

 

 

 

"Nothing." Jongin nods, standing up from the bed and he walks to the bathroom.

 

 

 

Kyungsoo's eyes were glued at the younger's body, it was only when the door was shut that he looked away.

 

 

 

He had the feeling Jongin was hiding something from  him. But what?

 

 

 

He stands up from the bed and exits the uncomfortable feeling room and goes down to freeze in shock when he sees everything scattered around the living room. The couches were on their backs, with the cushions all over the room. The table was also knocked down, the stuff that was on it lying next to it. He goes to the kitchen and sees plates on the floor, shattered into hundreds of pieces. His eyes widen when he sees a hand.

 

 

 

The hand was attached to a body, the body was under a piece of cloth. He takes the cloth away and his eyes widen when he sees a familiar face. But where did he see the person's face? His face changed from shocked to a knowing expression and he hurriedly placed the cloth away and ran out of the kitchen to the living room, he was stopped by Jongin who was downstairs. They looked at each other, Jongin with no expression on his face and Kyungsoo with a frown. He was about to run the stairs when a hand wrapped around his wrist.

 

 

 

"Where are you running to?" Jongin questions him. He turns around to face Jongin.

 

 

 

"Up." he mouths, he was somehow out of breath. Jongin looked at him with such intensity it made Kyungsoo's heart beat frantically, he felt as if it would pop out of his chest.

 

 

 

He shook his head, trying to think properly. He pulled away from Jongin and ran to the upper levels until he stopped in front of a door.

 

 

 

The only black door in the house.

 

 

 

He placed his hand on the door knob and was about to open it when a hand was placed on his own. He looked to his right and faces Jongin who was looking sadly to the floor.

 

 

 

"What are you doing?" Jongin asks. Kyungsoo bites his lower lip.

 

 

 

 

"I... I want to know who the man in the kitchen is. I've seen his face before..." he mutters. He can see Jongin biting his lower lip.

 

 

 

"Jongin." Kyungsoo calls his name when the boy doesn't react.

 

 

 

 


Kyungsoo opens the door even with Jongin's hand on his and enters the dim lighted room. He looks around and sees the box where he had found the photo. He takes the box and opens it. He smiles when he discovers the photo in it. He takes it and goes past Jongin to the corridor. He runs down the stairs and hurriedly goes to the kitchen.

 

 

 

He crunches down next to the body and looks at the face, he takes the photo and looks at it. He looks at the face and body again before his eyes widen a little.

 

 

 

"It's the boy!" Kyungsoo whispers.

 

 

 


 

 

Author's Note;

 

Word Count: 2189

 

Thank you!