...7

Winter Flower

 

 

 

Jeju Island

10.00 p.m.

 

Yoongi had just touched down at Jeju International Airport. As soon as he finished a radio interview, he caught a flight to the famous tourist spot for a long due date he promised with Yunji. Yunji and the other guys had went to Jeju Island the day before yesterday. Yoongi had to skip this time because of his busy schedules, but he had promised to join on the last day.

As he walked out of the airport, he pulled out his phone to contact Yunji, but hesitated. Something felt odd around him. Yoongi stopped walking and turned around. He scanned his surrounding before he looked back at his phone and scrolled down to other names.

“Hey, Namjoon? Tell Yunji I won’t be able to make it tonight. Pick her up for me, will you? Make sure she’s never alone. Thanks a lot.”

Yoongi turned off his phone and then turned around. He walked towards a darker corner and then paused there.

“I know you’ve been following me. Come out now.”

 

-

 

Yunji had been waiting at the café for an hour and a half. She even finished a glass of juice already. She was tired and hungry and her mood was totally ruined. Yoongi would never let her wait like this. Yunji sighed and looked at her phone again for the umpteenth time.

“Oh my god!” Yunji gasped. She tried to turn on her phone but to no avail. “I swear the battery was full this evening.” Yunji grumbled to herself as she rummaged her handbag for a power bank.

“Great!” She didn’t bring it along with her.

“A great evening indeed.”

Yunji looked up and watched as an unpleasantly familiar man sat across her at her table.

“Great view, great atmosphere, a great looking lady to spend the night with.” Jimin raised an eyebrow and then winked at her.

Yunji scoffed and immediately stood up and left. She could easily tell that he was following her.

“Why are you here anyway?” She grumbled.

“I’m asking myself the same question. It must be fate.” He grinned. Ugh, Yunji wanted to slap that grin off his face.

“Stop following me!” Yunji slightly raised her voice as she walked towards the curb and into the main road. She didn't even bother to look back at Jimin who had stopped following. He kept watching her, chuckling in disbelief.

 

It was late, and honestly, Yunji didn’t think walking alone at the road was a good idea. But she couldn't stand the sight of that guy and had to get him out of her sight no matter what it takes.

“I don't see any taxis around. Want a ride?”

Yunji looked to her side and saw a car slowing down. The roof of the convertible was turned down. It was Jimin again. Yunji spared him a glare before she looked away in distaste.

“Go away.”

“Are you sure? It’s late. It’s dark.”

“Who cares.”

And then one of her heels suddenly broke. Yunji almost fell to the ground and sprained her ankle, but thankfully she wasn't hurt. It was embarassing though, for that to happen in front of a guy whom she wanted to get away from the most.

“And you broke your heel.”

Yunji felt like crying.

 

Yunji ended up sitting at the passenger’s seat next to that annoying guy who couldn’t stop smiling.

“Are you still mad at me after so long?” He asked, grinning.

“For your information, I hold grudges well.”

Jimin laughed lightheartedly. Curse that adorable laugh.

“Cut me some slack. Give me a chance to make up for what I did last time.”

“For your information, I have a boyfriend.”

“Boyfriend? What kind of boyfriend stood his girlfriend up in Jeju island?

“Who are you to judge?”

“I was just kidding. Come on, smile a little.”

Yunji threw her sight as far as she could see upon the dark sea at night. She didn’t feel like smiling, even if she tried to fake one. Yoongi didn’t show up after an hour and a half of waiting, her phone was not working, and she was stuck on this island with him. She couldn’t get mad even if she wanted to it was so frustrating!

“Have you had your dinner?”

“No.”

“We should get something to eat.”

“Never mind. It’s too late.”

“How about a walk on the beach?”

“I’d rather not do it with you.”

Jimin laughed. “You hate me that much?”

“Hate is a strong word, but you get the idea.”

“I do. But I don’t think I would give up easily. At least, until you don’t hate me so much.”

“Why me, though? Other girls would stick to you so willingly.”

Jimin shrugged. “It must be your eyes.” He briefly glanced towards Yunji, flashing his charming smile before he focus on the road again. “I like it that you don't see me for who I am not. That’s how I feel about you.”

Yunji softened up a bit. She could tell that he was being sincere. “I did told you that I have a boyfriend, right?”

“Yeah, you did, just now. But I don’t have to be your boyfriend to not make you hate me, do I?”

Yunji looked away, chuckling. She shook her head, “What do I do with you?” She muttered to herself.

“So,” Jimin spoke again. “Tell me about your boyfriend.”

“Well…” Yunji hesitated a bit, but then decided that a little chat was harmless. “We have known each other for nine years.”

Jimin raised an eyebrow, amused.

“And we only started dating three weeks ago.”

“What’s his name?”

“Min Yoongi.”

Jimin went into silence. For a split second, he looked serious.

“You’re not going to find him and beat him up, are you?” Yunji asked, half joking. It made Jimin chuckle.

“Yah. Who are you taking me for? Only lowly gangsters do that.”

“Do you perhaps know him?”

Jimin hesitated a little, “I do.”

Yunji was taken aback at his answer.Did he perhaps… Nah. “I see. Yoongi is that famous these days.”

Jimin simply smiled a bitter smile at her reaction. “Hey, Yunji.”

“Yeah?”

“I dont want to ruin your little love story but, it’s better you stay away from him.”

“Why?”

“There are things you better not know. At least not yet.”

Hearing to things like that leave a bitter taste to Yunji. “Just because you said it like that doesn't mean I’ll leave him.”

 

They continued to have light chats about other things. Jimin said he had just arrived on Jeju that morning for a business trip. The organization he was in had just launched a new five star hotel, and he was there as the company’s rep for its officiating ceremony as well as other meetings. Jimin’s car slowed down as it reached the small inn that Yunji stayed at.

“Thanks for the ride.”

Before Yunji opened the car door, Jimin stopped her. He grabbed her hand.

“Wait.”

“Hm?”

“Give me your phone.”

Yunji could tell what he was trying to do. Even though she didn't exactly approve of keeping in contact with this man, Yunji thought she should give him a chance. Yunji sighed and handed him her phone. He quickly keyed in his phone number and returned the phone to its owner.

“If anything happens, you might want to make use of that number. I promise I won’t bug you, but let’s have a drink together sometimes.”

Yunji nodded. “That doesn’t sound bad. See you again, Jimin.”

Jimin gave her a courteous nod before he bid her goodbye.

 
 
 

 

Author's notes: I really should write longer but I will take so much time. For the time being, hope you guys enjoy this chapter. Thank you for reading! To all new subbers, welcome! All upvotes and comments are much much appreciated.