...10

Winter Flower

 

 

 

Today was the day that Yoongi returned to South Korea. Yoongi already know about the stalking - minus Jimin helping Yunji - and told Yunji to wait at home. Instead of having her picking him up at the airport, he wanted to pick her up instead and spend the rest of the weekend at his place.

Yoongi pressed the doorbell. He was pleasant to see that Yunji was the one who answered the door.

"Yoongi!" Yunji immediately threw her arms around him. She shut her eyes tight and buried her face in his shoulders.

"I miss you so much." Yoongi said, smiling. When Yunji stepped back, Yoongi was surprised to see her eyes wet. Yunji wasn’t one who cried easily.

"Yunji, baby I’m so sorry. You must be very scared."

Yunji shook her head. "I'm just glad that you're back."

Yoongi dropped a tender kiss on her forehead before taking her out.

 

 

 

They had lunch outside and then went straight to his bachelor’s pad not far from Yunji’s apartment. It was a small apartment with two bedrooms, the living room was compact and narrow. Nevertheless, Yoongi was proud of himself to be able to buy his own apartment with his own money, even if it was a  little run down and cheap.

Yoongi was on his cosy, worn out sofa, munching on snacks and watching whatever there was on tv. Yunji was in the kitchen, getting them both a cup of juice. When she got to the living room again, Yoongi suddenly put his legs up across the coffee table. Yunji almost stumbled forward if she didn’t stop in time.

“Yoongi! I almost fall!” She scolded him. It would be a big mess if she dropped the juice. Yoongi just laughed out loud.

"Come here," he told her, patting his lap. Yunji set the glasses on the table and then let Yoongi held her hand. He pulled her closer to him, forcing her to sit on his lap and then hugged her tight. He pecked on her lips.

Yunji’s sour expression just now immediately turned bright and sweet again. She loved being treated like a baby by him, and he just knew how to make her happy again.

“Yunji.”

“Hm?”

“Am I a bad boyfriend?”

“Is this about the stalking incidence? It’s not your fault. You can’t help it.”

“You think?”

Yunji nodded. “Of course.” She gingerly placed her hand on his cheek.

Yoongi placed his hand over hers, and then wrapped them in his fingers. As he tenderly massaged her fingers, he took a deep breath. "Yunji, I've been thinking."

"Hm?"

"Move in with me."

Yunji seemed taken aback. "Don’t you think it’s too soon?"

"I know, but... I want you to be closer. I work at odd hours, and I work at home a lot too. Isn’t it better that we can always be together?”

Yunji didn’t say anything. Instead, she leaned her head on Yoongi’s shoulder. She was considering it. Yoongi let her take her time.

“Yoongi?”

“Hm?”

“Is there something I don’t know about you?”

The conversation took a pause. Yunji felt the rise in his chest as he took a deep breath. Yunji looked up, right into his eyes. He didn’t look away, but he was still quiet.

“You don’t have to answer now. You can tell me when you’re ready. I trust you.”

Yoongi touched her face.

“I’ll tell you about it. Soon, I promise.”

Yunji rested her cheek on his shoulder again and nodded.

 

 

 

12.00 a.m.

D2K Club

 

Yunji went to sleep early that night. Yoongi quietly left his house and went to D2K to meet a certain person. This meeting was long overdue, and he had wanted to settle it fast so he could come clean to Yunji.

Yoongi sat at the bar counter, watching the good looking bartender with the name tag labeled ‘V’ serving the customers. When their eyes met, V immediately greeted him.

“Would you like a drink?” He asked with his usual cold tone.

Yoongi shook his head. “Tell Park Jimin someone is here to see him.”

“Name?” V raised an eyebrow.

“Min Yoongi.”

V sighed. “I’m sorry. I don’t think he would want to see you.”

Yoongi nodded, his fingers tapped the counter top impatiently.

“Never mind.” Yoongi left the counter, V nodding at him in respect.

Like it was home, he knew the place like the back of his hand. Yoongi maneuvered his way around the club expertly. He climbed the stairs towards the upper level of the club, where all the VIP rooms were. He went straight into the middle hallway and headed towards the farthest room. Without knocking, he opened the door.

A young man, still clad in his all black suit, lying on the plush banquet seating, passionately making out with a woman. Her long curly locks fell gracefully, draping over his face. His hand was touching her at the most forbidden places, while she moaned softly against his touch and conquering kisses. The heated couple took a pause at the arrival of their uninvited guest who welcomed himself and sat across them.

The woman flipped her hair, getting them out of her face and made eye contact with Yoongi. She offered him a charming smile.

“Long time no see, Yoongi. I can’t believe you’re no longer the kid I know. You’re so handsome now.” She stood up and smoothed out her dress. The guy underneath her, Jimin, also straightened his back into sitting position but with the most annoyed expression on his face.

Yoongi ignored Jimin’s threatening stare, and returned the woman’s smile instead. “You’re also gorgeous as ever, Lyn.”

The woman called Lyn, who seemed much older than the both of them gave a gentle caress under Jimin’s chin as she made her way out of the room. “I believe you gentlemen have important things to discuss. I’ll come back to you later, Jimin.” She exited the room, leaving the door shut with a soft click.

“I thought I made it clear that I never want to see you here.”

“You’re so high on your ride now you forgot to call me hyung?” Yoongi smirked.

Jimin was still glaring. “What were you thinking?”

Yoongi fiddled with his phone. The message from an unknown number during his Jeju vacation with Yunji two weeks ago was on the screen. Of course he knew who it was from. “How did you know?”

Jimin’s jaw hardened. “Answer me!”

“That mothering son of a deserved it.”

“They’ll kill you.  They’ll find you no matter what. Even if they couldn’t kill you, your father will.”

“I have no father, Jimin. Did you forget?”

“Ghost Butterfly won’t keep quiet about this.”

“They don’t know about me.” Yoongi shrugged.

“They will soon! You ing killed a person, hyung! A war is going to break out and it’s all your fault.”

“Why? Scared your peaceful life will get turned upside down?” Yoongi still manage to keep his cool despite Jimin’s hostile response towards him.

“Everyone will be going after you, hyung! Can’t you see?!”

“Aren’t you curious, Jimin?” Yoongi pulled out a cigarette form his pack. He placed the stick between his lips, but didn’t light it up. For a moment, Jimin was amused that Yoongi actually did quit smoking. “That it went on this long without them knowing?”

“That’s not important anymore. They have started to bug me. It won’t be long before they knew you did it.”

“Come on. Lets’ talk this over. We haven’t drink together for so long, didn’t we?”

Jimin looked away, gritting his teeth.

A waiter entered the room, bringing them cold beer in a tray. He set the drinks on the table and then left. Yoongi picked up the glass and drank first.

“The war,” Yoongi placed down the glass, “is something that will happen regardless I kill a person or not, Jimin. And the center of that war will not be me, but you.”

Jimin curled his fist so tight that his palms were turning white.