...9

Winter Flower

 

 

 

It's been a week since her new semester had started, which meant it had been a week since Yoongi had left for New York. She already missed him, but he would only be back in another week. Yunji tried not to miss him so much because she knew he would always be away and busy. She was supposed to get used to it by now, but it still seemed hard sometimes.

It was eleven o’clock. Her housemates were on outing, and a couple of them had already fallen asleep. Yunji chose to have a cup of hot coffee and revised her studies. She was in the middle of summarizing her notes from her lecture that day when her phone suddenly rang. It was from Yoongi.

Is he calling from the States?

Yunji answered the call. “Hello?”

Silent.

“Yoongi, is that you?”

The phone call was cut off. The day before yesterday, Yunji received the same call, but she forgot about it. Yunji typed a simple message on Kakao talk.

 

Yoongi, did you call me just now?

Just now? Nope. Why?

Oh, I must have gotten the wrong number. Are you busy?

Yeah, a bit. I’m sorry if I didn’t return your call or anything.

Nah, it’s ok. Fighting!

Thank you^^

Take care of yourself. Don’t forget to eat on time!

Yes, ma’am.

 

Yunji smiled at his messages. The silent phone call scared her a little bit, but she didn’t want to worry Yoongi. Maybe it was some error with the telephone service. She put down her phone and continued her study.

 

-

 

2.00 p.m.

Her classes ended early today, however Yunji didn’t go straight home. She planned to drop by the library to find some reference books. She went into the toilet to wash her face. Yunji froze when it felt a bit weird. She thought she heard breathings. When she looked around, the toilet was empty. She thought it was just her, but she had been feeling a little weird these days.

Like she was being watched.

 

The sun had set when Yunji arrived home. It seemed like none of her housemates were around. Yunji went straight to her room and get undressed. Yunji only had her undergarments on when she suddenly heard a subtle noise from the balcony. Like a really light step. She wrapped a towel around her body and slowly walked towards the sliding door, covered behind closed curtains, leading to the balcony of the bedroom and then heard a slightly louder noise. Like a tap on the steel railing. Yunji backed away from the door, reaching for her phone. She wanted to call Yoongi but hesitated, thinking it would only worry him since he was far away.

“If anything happens, you might want to make use of that number.”

Jimin’s voice suddenly rang in her head. She immediately pressed call on his number.

“Um, Jimin?” Yunji whispered.

“Hey, Yunji. What’s up?”

Yunji tried to breath calmly. “I… I think someone has been watching me for a few days.”

There was a short silence from the other end.

“Where are you right now?” His playful tone just now was goe.

“I’m at home… I’m alone but I think there's someone outside,” her voice cracked at the end of the sentence.

“I see.”

“W-what should I do?”

“Okay, listen carefully. You have to calm down and do as I say. Get out of that house and go to that public park ten minutes away from your building. Do you know which one?”

“Yeah.”

“Can you go there now?”

“I-I’m scared.”

“Just follow as I say. You’ll be safe, trust me.

 

Yunji dressed quickly and simply. She only had one layer of clothing underneath her flimsy cardigan. The autumn breeze made her shiver a bit but she wasted no time, walking fast towards the park nearby. Since it was quite late, there was no one around. From the distance, she saw Jimin, clad in his usual black suit, waiting. Yunji quickened her steps. Soon, she was jogging towards him but stopped suddenly when she saw Jimin pulling out a gun, pointing it towards her.

“Ahh!” Yunji cupped her ears and closed her eyes the moment a gunshot was released.

A loud growl was heard from behind her. Yunji slowly put down her shaky hands and opened her eyes. Jimin was walking towards her. He took off his blazer and put it around her and then walked off the opposite direction. Yunji silently watched him to ease her confusion.

Jimin stopped by a spot which was quite hidden from her sight. There were big trees and bushes around. Yunjin carefully stepped closer to where he was standing, and then cupped when she saw a man lying in front of him, his legs bleeding from a fresh gunshot wound.

“Where are you from?” Jimin asked the man growling in pain. His voice was ice cold that it scared her a bit. It was her first time seeing him that way aside from his usual cheerful facade. Of course, he worked for a gangster organization afterall.

Though struggling with pain, the man refused to speak.

“You’re from Ghost Butterfly aren’t you?”

Only the man’s haggard breathing was heard. Jimin stepped on his gunshot wound. The man groaned in excruciating pain. It was painful just to watch that Yunji had to look away.

“Answer me.”

“Y-Yes! Please spare me! Please!”

Jimin knew it. This was all Yoongi’s fault. How selfish can he be? To do things as he wished without thinking of the people around him.

Jimin pressed the tip of his gun on the man’s head. He flinched and shivered harder.

“A little head up. I have my eyes in every inch of his district. If you dare to stalk her again-”

“Y-yes sir! I got it! I got it!”

“And no one from Ghost Butterfly will ever hear of this.”

“No sir! Never!”

Her heart calmed down now that Jimin had settled the problem for her. JImin made a phone call, calling for his men to ‘clean up this guy’. Yunji had no idea what that was supposed to mean, but she was too shaken to ask. Jimin grabbed her hand and took her to his car. Jimin the engine, but he didn't drive away.

“I knew it.” Jimin put up a little smile.

“What is it?”

“That this will happen. Because of your boyfriend.”

Because of Yoongi?

“It’s still not too late to get him out of your life.”

Yunjii looked away, feeling a little angry at his remarks.

“Do you receive any weird phone calls lately?”

“Well, there were a couple of them. Coming from Yoongi’s number but they were just silent calls.”

“That was them. They hacked Yoongi’s line. The silent calls were just them doing some testing. You should let him know, he might want to change his number.”

“I don’t get it. Why are they following me?”

“They’re doing some research. On Yoongi to be exact. I won’t tell you anything. If you’re curious, you should ask Yoongi. Anyway, I’ll have my men around here to keep their eyes on you so you don’t have to worry. You also should make a police report, just in case.”

“Jimin.”

Jimin raised an eyebrow.

“You know Yoongi not because he is famous, aren’t you?”

Jimin smirked. “Remember what I told you? There are certain things you better not know.”



 


 

Author's note: I'm thinking about introducing a new character.... Hmmm >__< I can't decide! Also, Jungkook hasnt appear yet, but I already have plans for him. Thank you for all the upvotes, subs and comments guys^^