...8

Winter Flower

 

 

 

Yunji sat alone at the inn’s café, sipping on her newly arrived café latte. Yoongi had texted her that night to meet at the café the next morning. She fiddled with her phone, checking on her instagram just to kill time until Yoongi arrived.

“Good morning.”

A deep voice greeted.  When Yunji looked up, she saw a bouquet of soft pink Gerbera. She pouted a little and accepted the bouquet, revealing a sorry looking Yoongi.

“That was so mean of you last night.” Yunji pouted.

Yoongi pressed his palms together and held it in front of his face. “I’m really sorry! Something last minute came up and I really had no way to avoid it!”

Yunji sighed. “Never mind. My phone went dead last night, but Namjoon told me everything when I got back.” Yunji picked up her cup and sipped on her warm drink again. Her eyes were everywhere but him.

“You’re still mad at me.” Yoongi said it straight, looking deadpan as he did so. The Yunji before he dated him would have get worked up and smacked him on the head so he wasn’t used to this Yunji. It seemed like she had turned a bit more mellow and sensitive since he dated her.

“Not really. You can’t help it.”

“No, you’re still mad at me. Tell me. What should I do to make you forgive me?”

Yunji shrugged nonchalantly. “You don’t have to do anything.”

“How about you flick my forehead. Come on.” Yoongi pushed back his fringe and shut his eyes. “Do it. With all your strength.”

Now that Yoongi had his eyes closed, Yunji let out a silent chuckle just because he looked funny.

“Get ready,” Yunji warned.

“Yup, I’m ready.”

Yunji grinned at the idea that suddenly popped up on her mind. She got up from her seat and leaned towards Yoongi. In a flash, Yunji dropped a peck on his lips, and then sat again.

Yoongi fluttered his eyes open, dazed and confused. When he saw Yunji grinning and giggling, Yoongi muttered, “You little-”. If she was really close with him at that moment, he would have kissed her so hard.

Yunji held the bouquet so that it covered the lower half of her face, hiding her blushing cheeks. “Anyway, thank you for making it anyway even when you’re so busy.”

And it also surprised him that the Yunji whom he was dating right now can be so sweet she was almost someone else. But then, it was just a side that she had never shown him before. He heard that even the longest couple learned a new side of their partner when they entered marriage life. He guessed this situation was similar to that.

“How do I deserve you…” Yoongi muttered.

“What did you say?”

“Nothing. Let’s have some breakfast and then go to the beach.”

 

They walked together along the beach but Yoongi got sleepy after a while. There were hammocks along the beach so Yunji told him to take a little nap. Things ended quite late last night, Yoongi immediately fell asleep the moment he closed his eyes.

Until he felt his phone vibrated in his hand.

A new message. An unknown number.

I know what you did to Ghost Butterfly. Do you have a death wish?

Yoongi sighed, throwing his arm across his forehead. “Damn…” Yoongi muttered under his breath.

“Yoongi yah!” Yunji shouted from the distance. She was crouching, playing with the sand. When Yoongi got up into sitting position, Yunji waved at him.

“Yoongi yah, come here!”

“I’m tired…” Yoongi muttered. He chuckled, looking at Yunji striding towards him, her face sour. She was annoyed, but Yoongi made no attempt to make her feel better because she so looked cute that Yoongi didn’t mind the consequences.

“Get up. You have slept for thirty minutes,” Yunji nagged.

“But I’m tired…”

“Get up!” Yunji laughed in frustration and then pulled on his hand. “Come on!” Yunji had to drag him out of the hammock.

“Why are you in such a rush?” Yoongi sighed.

“I’m hungry, and it’s getting boring playing alone. Remember about that seafood restaurant I told you yesterday? It’s just around the corner. Let’s go there, come on.”

Yunji was ready to drag him with all her might, but Yoongi surprised her by pulling her backwards. Her body bumped to his and then Yoongi immediately trapped her in his embrace.

“Y-Yoongi,” Yunji’s cheeks reddened. She was adorable, especially in her white summer dress.

“Let me just hold you for a while.”

Yunji smiled and then wrapped her arms around his neck.

“Do you miss me?” She tilted her head and giggled.

“So much.”

Yunji bit down her lip, chuckling. There was this glint in her eyes; she was happy. She was so happy just to be by his side. Yoongi wanted to kiss her so bad. Every little thing about her, even the smallest action was driving him crazy.

“Say my name,” Yoongi demanded.

“Yoongi?” She tilted her head to the side, smiling brightly.

“Again.”

“Yoongi yah,” she called playfully.

“Again.” He could never get enough, listening to her sweet voice calling his name, her lips forming the word that was his name.

“Min Yoongi.” Yunji caressed his cheek.

“I love you.”

Her eyes softened. “I love you too.”

Yoongi leaned closer, ready to seal the gap between their lips.

“Yoongi, people are wat-”

But his kiss was so hard to resist. He was demanding this time, on her lips and probing into her aggressively. Her legs were turning into jelly that she curled her fingers at the tip of his hair behind his neck, slightly twisting it in her fist. Within a short time, he all the air out of her. When he pulled back, Yunji was out of breath, slightly panting. She was in a daze for having been kissed so passionately for the first time. It was very different form the first time they kissed. He was much gentler that time. Just now, he was like a demon that evoked a new sensation from inside her.

“Come with me.” He half whispered.

“Where to?” Her eyes were half open, still dazed from the kiss.

“New York. I’ll be in New York for two weeks next Monday.”

That was only a day away.

“You know I can’t. I have my classes.”

Yoongi sighed. It can’t be that easy, of course.

“Oh, don’t pull that face. Maybe next time, okay?”

Yoongi finally put up a little smile. “Stay safe, okay? And never be alone.”

“Don’t worry.” She cupped his face with both hands to comfort him.

I don’t want to ruin your little love story but, it’s better you stay away from him.

Jimin’s word suddenly rang in her mind. Yunji felt like something was wrong. She wanted to ask Yoongi but hesitated.

Not yet, she thought.

 

 

 


Author's note: Hi! It's so great to be updating again, but I'm sorry if this chapter is a little boring. There will be more happenings in tehnext chapter so hope you guys will stick around and continue to show me support! These days I'm really torn between Jimin and Suga, aghh! I mean, Jimin is really y and all, even though he can be jerk sometimes (well, he's a thug how nice can eh be heh) and Suga is so gentle and sweet. And then there's Yunji and Suga and they're both are like so in love with each other, how can I do anything bad to them? Oh god... Hah, enough rambling for now, thank you for reading guys! Comments are loved!