...15

Winter Flower

 

Yunji left her room, ready to go to her classes, but the sight of the living room rendered her speechless. The scattered snack wraps, the dirty dishes and socks. How can such a disaster happened in one night? She walked to Jungkook who fell asleep on the couch with the game controller resting on his tummy.

“Hey.” She poked his shoulder. He didn’t respond.

“Hey, Jeon Jungkook. Wake up.” She lightly tapped his cheek. He stirred a bit, but no signs of waking up from a deep sleep.

‘Pinch his s to wake him up.’

It was what Jin told her before he left last night. Yunji rolled her eyes.

“Oh, this is ridiculous.” She hesitantly reached out, her hand hovering over his chest. Yunji took a deep breath, clenched a fist and then decided for a far more effective alternative.

Slap!

“Ouch!”

Yunji readily took a couple of steps back from the sofa.

“Yah! What did you do last night? Look at this mess!”

“It wasn’t me! It was Jimin hyung!”

“Whatever! I’m going to class and you’re cleaning this up.”

“I have to follow you!” Jungkook’s eyes widened. It was a task assigned to him. He never took his tasks lightly.

“Don’t you dare leave this house without cleaning all of this first!” Yunji made her way towards the door and then left with a slam, leaving Jungkook speechless for a moment.

“Damn!” Jungkook pulled out his hair, “Why is Yoongi hyungnim dating such naggy old hag?”

 

 

 

A new text message.

I’m waiting outside your class.

Yunji raised an eyebrow. Who possibly would-

It’s Jungkook.

Of course. She wasn’t interested as to how he got her number or how he knew where her class was. His presence just made her feel lonelier because he just confirmed that everything that Jin told her was as true as it could be. As soon as her lecture was finished, she looked around outside the lecture theater to find him. She just stood in quite the distance when she saw the kid, sitting on steps in his crumpled t-shirt and ripped jeans, his black leather jacket dangling on one arm. He was grinning at the girls passing by. The girls giggled when they saw his smile; well, Yunji admitted that he was quite the looker. And she bet that bad boy look would be a hit among girls.

Yunji walked towards him as he pulled out a cigarette and put it between his lips. Before he managed to light it up, Yunji snatched it from him.

“This is a non-smoking area.”

“Agh.” Jungkook threw his head to the back.

“Are you even eighteen?”

“I am!”

“Oh, come on.”

“Well, in a month.”

Yunji wiggled her fingers, signaling him to give it up.

“What?”

“The whole thing. Give it to me.”

“What?!”

“Now.” Yunji’s voice hardened. It had a reprimanding tone to it which scared him a little no matter how annoying this woman is.

Jungkook ruffled his hair, frustrated before he gave up the whole pack of cigarettes to her.

“Have you had lunch?”

A stomach rumbling sound followed after. Well, Yunji had her questions answered. Besides, looking at all the snack wrappers scattered around the living room this morning was enough to tell her that he was the type who didn’t eat properly.

“Let’s get something to eat then.”

“Really?” His facial expression brightened.

 

 

Jungkook stared at the hot meal in front of him wide eyed. Hot spicy tofu stew, the infamous dolsot bibimbap in stone pot, kimchi, and all the inviting fresh veggies side dishes.

“Oh, god these look so good,” Jungkook keep looking at the dishes one by one. He was probably dying to dig in like a pig. Yunji smiled when the thought crossed her mind.

“Eat up,” Yunji gave her green light. Without hesitating, he dug in, and as he expected, like a pig. Yunji just waited and watched him eat until he ate almost the whole meal. As he continued eating, Jungkook looked up.

“Aren’t you eating?”

Yunji shook her hed. “I don’t have the appetite.”

“You should eat some. Jimin hyung would be mad at me if he knew.”

Yunji took a deep breath and then, “I’m sorry.”

“Huh?” Jungkook almost paused, but immediately continued eating again. He could listen while she talked.

“For taking out my anger on you this morning. I was really just angry at Yoongi but I can’t because I don’t even understand the situation he is in. In the end, I only have myself to blame.”

Jungkook tried to swallow all the food in his filled up cheeks but choked a bit. Yunji handed him a glass of water and he downed the water in one go.

Ah, why do women always insist on talking even at times like this? He couldn’t eat in ease.

Jungkook sighed as he raked his hair to the back. Well, he guessed Yunji wasn’t as annoying as other girls. She gave him all of these great food and she apologized for yelling at him this morning.

“Why? If I were you, I would never date a mob boss’ son with hundreds of people wanting him dead.”

Yunji smiled bitterly. “But you don’t know him aside from being that mob boss’ son.”

Silence.

“It doesn’t matter anymore, who he was.” Jungkook shrugged.

Those words that came from a kid, hurt her so deep nobody could ever see or understand how she felt.

“Can’t you tell me, Jungkook? What actually happened?”

Jungkook scratched his head. “I don’t know the exact details. But you know that D2K is owned by Jimin hyung, right? Jimin hyung is also in charge of all the underworld business going on around Songpa. Another gang, the Ghost Butterfly is in charge of the district nearby, which is Gangnam. The guy who took care of that area is basically Jimin hyung’s rival. For some reason, Yoongi hyung killed that guy. Nobody knows why. It’s a little strange that they only know know when that guy was killed six months ago.”

“He said he murdered a person in order to protect someone important.”

“He told you that?”

Yunji nodded.

Jungkook sighed. “I don’t know. Probably Jimin hyung? They were really close back then.”

“They were?”

Jungkook nodded.

“So what’s going to happen now?”

“Now that the war had started, it won’t ever stop until they got him. We can try to tone it down a bit when they realized they couldn’t get their hands on Yoongi. Either that or we hand over a scapegoat to them.”

 

-

 

The third day since the war broke out.

Yoongi saw the news last night. Twelve casualties at a shooting incident at D2K. Eight from Ghost Butterfly, four from White Dragon. It was arrogant of them to directly engage in  a fight at White Dragon’s area. White Dragon will probably do all they can to stop any incident happening at D2K since it will be bad reputation to the public. But still, it was dangerous to even walk on the street. Both gangs would not hesitate to kill whenever they came upon each other. Yoongi had to put this to a stop since he was the one who started it.

Yoongi headed to White Dragon’s headquarter, a 55-storey building disguised as a five star hotel, an extended building from the two storeyed D2K.

From Mark’s information, there will be a civilized meeting between the two leaders. It was an invitation from Min Sukjoon, White Dragon’s leader. Since he had no idea who killed the guy from Ghost Butterfly, Min Sukjoon would probably negotiate to make up for the loss of the other gang while Heo Leejin, Ghost Butterfly’s leader will be taking advantage of the negotiation. He had had his eyes on Songpa for a long time.

It was funny. Yoongi didn’t think that greedy father of his would ever give up a district most beneficial to him just to keep peace with the rival gang.

A scapegoat. That was Sukjoon’s favorite method for any negotiation. Yoongi won’t let that happen.

 


 

Author's notes: I'm sorry it's so short but I have to leave for work now (sobs) bye!

Edit: Hello all new readers! and theank you so much to all previous readers for supporting this tsory!