...11

Winter Flower

 

Jimin woke up in the middle of the night. He sat at the edge of his bed and light up a cigarette. His other hand was massaging the side of his head; there were too many things that were going on in his mind. Jimin almost halfway through the cigarette in one go, and then threw the ashes into the ashtray on the side table. He picked up his phone and went through his messages. There was one he sent to Yoongi previously when he was on that Jeju vacation with Yunji, another to his young underling called Jungkook. He scrolled through his contacts, debating if he needed to reach out to more people.

Jimin heard soft rustles from behind him, but he didn’t turn around. Not long afterwards, he felt bare soft s pressed to his back, a hand gently s across his body from behind, and her chin resting on his shoulder.

“What’s wrong?” Lyn asked him in husky, sleepy voice.

There was a short silence before Jimin answered her. “I don’t know what to do.”

“Are you worried about Yoongi?” She tileted her head, her soft hair brushing against Jimin’s smooth skin. He loved the feeling.

Jimin chuckled. “Like hell I would.”

Lyn laughed softly. “Admit it, Jimin. Nobody else on this earth love him more than you do.”

“You make me sound gay.”

“You don’t have to be gay to love another man. Even if you are, what’s the difference? Love is love. Gay or straight. Evil or good.” Lyn rested her cheek against his back and let out a soft sigh. “es or not es.”

Jimin smiled and wrapped her fingers on his abs in his.

“Maybe you should start a new life, noona. Things about to go bad, might as well you go somewhere quiet and safe, get a simple job, meet someone nice, get married and settle down. What do you think? I can help you with that.”

“What about you, Jimin? Haven’t you always dreamed the same thing? To bury everything behind and start new.”

“I don’t know.” Jimin stubbed out the cigarette into the ashtray, and then light up another. Lyn frowned. Jimin don’t always smoke so much.

“I don’t think it’s time yet. I don’t know if that’s even possible anymore. I have sinned too much. I let my greed won over me and now karma is paying it back to me”

“Don’t lie to me. I know you have never really wanted all of these. You would have chose to live in that penthouse that Min Sukjoon gifted you long time ago if you were really greedy. I know everything, Jimin. All the dirty works, all the lives you had taken… You didn’t do that to win over Min Sukjoon, or for power. You do them all so that Yoongi didn’t have to do them.”

Jimin chuckled bitterly. Jimin found it funny how easily Lyn saw him through even though he tried to hide the fact so carefully.

Lyn caressed his arms up and down with a lot of love and tenderness. It was comforting. Lyn always knew how to comfort him.

“I’d love to start a new life, Jimin. Only if you’re coming with me.”

Jimin turned around to face her. His eyes gazed upon her tenderly. He kissed her on the forehead, muttering, “I’m sorry.”

“Don’t be.” Lyn smiled softly as she cupped his precious face in her hands. They kissed again, their hands roamed on each other’s bodies. Each touch, each kiss, they soothed their wounded souls. Even just momentarily.

 


 

Author's note: Hello everyone! I can't believe I went missing for so long /sobs/ it's just that it's a crazy period right now at my workplace. I was always so tired by the time i got home. I know this update is ridiculously short, but i hope during this hectic time, i can at least make a short update regularly. i'm sorry if i let you guys down. please keep having faith in me until i can update with nice long chapters again ;) thank you for reading everyone, and those who takes the time to comment, thank you so much you guys are my lifesaver :)