...6

Winter Flower

 

 

 

To her surprise, Jimin drove a BMW M4 Convertible. He let the top down for the night, which Yunji appreciated. She loved the chilly breeze as the car sped through the city. Yunji could tell that Jimin purposely took a detour so that it took longer to reach her neighborhood, but she let him anyway. She really enjoyed the ride.

“Why did you live in such a run down place if you could drive a car like this?” Yunji asked casually, resting her elbow at the window, letting the breeze ran through her hair.

“Don’t misunderstand. The car, the suit, none of these are mine. They are the organization’s. I just happen to have the privilege to use them. As for me, I really have nothing.”

Yunji replied his smile. He had such a charming smile, and knew how to use it to his best advantage. She loved that he smiled a lot. Sure, she appreciated the free ride, and the way he treated her made her feel like she was the hottest girl on earth, but if he thinks she was easy, he was wrong. Afterall, he’s a natural player and Yunji could tell that she wasn’t the first girl whom he treated this way.

“You must be the boss’ favorite or something.”

Jimin chuckled. “Well, you can say that.”

“You must be popular with the girls too.”

Jimin chuckled. “Well, in contrary to your thoughts…”

The car slowed down to an apartment building. Yunji had lived there with her friends ever since she started college.

“Thanks for the ride, Jimin. Goodbye.” Yunji left his car, thinking he would bid goodbye as well. But Jimin also left his car and tailed after her.

“Why are you still following me?” Yunji asked without looking back, knowing that Jimin was still following after her.

“Aren’t you inviting me for coffee or something?”

“No, Jimin. I’m not like the other girls you picked up before. Thanks for the ride though.”

Yunji stood by the elevator, waiting for it to reach ground floor. Jimin rested his hand on the wall, facing sideways towards Yunji.

“Oh, come on. We barely talked. Aren’t you curious about me?” He grinned.

“No. Not a speck.”

The elevator opened. Yunji stepped in, Jimin did as well. Yunji didn’t even have the chance to push the button of her floor when Jimin trapped her between his arms, her back against the cold metal wall.

“Don’t lie to me. You’re just as attracted to me as I am towards you.”

Yunji felt disrespected, and it angered her a bit. Yunji pushed him away but he refused to budge.

“Stop it, Jimin! I have a-” her words died midway.

“A boyfriend?”

Yunji would have said yes, but lying wasn’t her forte.

“A person you like? That doesn’t count then.”

“Get out.”

“Say again?” With a smirk, his face inched closer to hers. Right before their lips touched, Yunji slapped him hard across his cheek.

Jimin laughed in disbelief. AS he loosened his stance, Yunji took the chance to push him out of the elevator.

“Don’t ever find me again, I’m serious.” The elevator door closed.

Jimin chuckled as he rubbed his sore cheek. “Feisty. I like it.”

 

-

 

Weeks passed by and it was semester break was here again. The day after she last saw Jimin, Yunji received a bouquet sent straight to her house. It came with a nameless card with a message, ‘Forgive me for disrespectful yesterday. However, I don’t think I can easily forget you. We’ll meet again someday,’. The flowers were most likely from him, but thankfully he never contacted her again afterwards.

During her semester break, Yunji took up a part time job to cover up her future personal expenses as well as that planned Jeju Island trip at the end of her semester break later. Yunji had been busy with her part time job while Yoongi juggled his live shows and his music making. They rarely hang out together anymore and Yunji was hoping he would make some time for her tonight. It was her birthday that night.

Hoseok, Minyoung, Jin, Areum and Namjoon all gathered together that night for a big feast. They always gather like this on each other’s birthday. It was nothing special, just having traditional Korean meals together, but it really meant a lot for Yunji. It was like she has another family here even though her real family wasn’t nearby.

“Yoongi hyung is too much. It’s your birthday and he couldn’t even have dinner together with us,” Hoseok complained.

“I called him many times and he didn’t answer any.” Namjoon added.

Yoongi did warned her that he will be very busy these few days. “It’s okay guys. I’ll make him pay for this.” Yunji laughed.

They chat and had fun together until midnight. Yunji was honestly disappointed that Yoongi couldn’t make it but she never showed it to anyone. Besides, she had promised herself to be fully supportive of Yoongi. If having to see him less will make him successful in his career, then Yunji readily accepted the fact.

Yunji sighed as she walked into her apartmeent building. Suddenly, a hand s from behind her neck and cupped over . Yunji’s eyes widened. She wanted to scream but when she was forced to turn around, it was just Yoongi.

“Min Yoongi!” Yunji was seriously freaked out just now. She wanted to hit his chest with her fist but he caught her wrist before she managed to do so. Yoongi just laughed.

“I’m sorry for being late, but happy birthday.” Yoongi placed a stem of fresh rose in her hand.

Yunji was touched, but she was still shaken form Yoongi’s little prank just now.

“Don’t you ever dare scare me like that again!”

“I’m sorry, but aren’t you glad that it’s me?” Yoongi’s shoulder shook up and down, containing his laughter. Yunji slapped his shoulder and then brought the rose to her nose to appreciate the fragrance.

“You’re so busy you don’t even have time for me anymore,” Yunji pouted.

“Says who? I just want to surprise you, and make your birthday this time even more special.”

“What do you mean?”

“Well, I didn’t prepare anything grand, but I wanted to celebrate your birthday with just the two of us.”

Yunji smiled bashfully. His words caused her cheeks to heat up.

 

Yoongi took Yunji for a walk along the Han River. It was two in the morning; there was barely a soul at the area. Yunji had never went out for a walk at this hour. It was amazing how deserted the city seemed to be.

“Amazing, huh? It’s like nobody else exist in this world.”

Yunji nodded. “The air is fresh, and it’s so calm.”

“Do you like it?”

“I love it.”

Yoongi smirked proudly. He knew it. Unlike him who enjoyed being the center of a hyped up crowd, Yunji loved solidarity more than anything. They both sat on the grass, facing the river. Yoongi brought sparklers with them. They both started to lit them up one by one, watching the beautiful flower like fire until the end of its lifespan.

“When was the last time we played sparklers like this?” Yunji wondered out loud as she watched the sparkler in her hand. Naturally, she rested her head on Yoongi’s shoulder.

“Wasn’t it on our high school graduation?”

Yunji laughed.

“What?”

“Don’t you remember?” Yunji was still giggling.

“Don’t laugh.”

“I gave you my answers during the final exam. Do you know how dangerous it was for me?”

“But you did anyway.”

“Of course. You have to graduate. You keep flunking your exams all the time.”

“But you’re the one who helped me skipping class. One time I was running away from the discipline teacher so you pretended to pass out right in the middle of the hallway.”

They both laughed as Yunji slapped his arm. “You were always trying to skip school to hang out with your bboy crews, dancing and making music. Oh, but one time, you skipped school for three days, and the school made such a big deal out of it. They called your parents for counseling and you even get caned.”

“Yeah. Wasn’y it when I was finishing a song for a competition?”

Yunji nodded on his shoulder. “You didn’t win, but that song became viral on youtube.”

“It’s all thanks to you.” Yoongi looked into Yunji’s yes. “You really helped me a lot when everyone else was looking down on me.”

“Because I love listening to the music you make. That’s why.”

“Jung Yunji.”

“Hm?”

“Be my girlfriend.”

Yunji slowly looked up, her eyes locked in his. She lost her voice, choking on her words. She never thought those words she had longed to hear for so long would come this soon.

“Yoongi yah…” she muttered. Yoogi continued to gaze softly towards her as he leaned closer, closing the gap between their lips. Their lips locked, and his lips moved gently against hers. He touched her cheek with his warm hand ever so tenderly, gently caressing her face. She loved how it felt, to be touched by him with so much love.

Under the starry sky, they deepened their kiss, spilling out all their pent up emotions since long ago.

 

 

 


 

Author's note: As always, thank you for reading guys! I noticed new subs and that little upvote too, thank you all. Your support is much much much appreciated^^