5/5

The Unfortunate Events of Infinite

Chapter Five

“NO!!” a voice screamed pulling Woohyun from his deep sleep.
Woohyun cried as intense pain overwhelmed his body. His foot that was once fine was now throbbing in pain.
“Woohyun,” Sunggyu shouted kneeling beside him.
“What happen,” Sungjong questioned. “Where is Myungsoo?”
“My foot,” Woohyun gasped as he closed his eyes tightly trying to wish away the pain.
“What happen?” Sungjong asked once again but this time there was panic in his voice.
“It’s okay,” Sunggyu rubbed his back.
“No it’s not okay!” Sungjong spattered out. “I tried keeping my cool but I’m scared! I just want to know where Myungsoo is!”
Woohyun took a deep breath then he slowly looked up at the maknae. “It got him.”
“No,” Sunggyu fell backwards in shock.
“It was trying to get me when I fell out of the building,” Woohyun said shakily.
“D-Did you see who it was,” Sungjong asked.
Woohyun inhaled quickly thinking of the revolting monster that he had seen minutes ago. “It’s not a person.”
“What?” Sunggyu looked at him with wide eyes.
“I-It’s a demon or the devil itself,” Woohyun confessed. “It looked like a man but it had horns of a ram and slits for eyes. It also had these black jagged teeth that could easily tear an elephant to shreds.”
“You’re wrong,” Sunggyu pointed out. “It’s just your imagination.”
“No!” Woohyun screamed as his whole body began to shake. He wasn’t sure if it was from the pain or how terrified he truly was. “You don’t imagine something that evil.”
Sunggyu scanned Woohyun’s face for any traces of lies. “Then let’s get the hell out of here.”
“What about the members?” Sungjong pointed to the school.
“You said it before we need police officers that have guns and training. If we go back in there then we are as good as dead. We need to protect ourselves and sick together,” Sunggyu told the youngest.
“So we are running away and letting that thing win!” Sungjong snapped crossing his arms.
“No! We are being smart!” Sunggyu retorted at the youngest.
“Please,” Woohyun grabbed ahold of Sungjong’s arm. “Please let’s go before it’s too late. That school is pure evil.”
Sungjong studied his face then glanced at the dark school in front of him.
He didn't want to leave the members but then again he didn't want to die.
“Fine,” Sungjong told them with a frown.
“Can you stand?” Sunggyu asked Woohyun who nodded yes.
Sunggyu and Sungjong slowly worked together to bring Woohyun to his feet. Once the member placed pressure on his foot he let out a groan.
“It hurts,” Woohyun admitted between gritted teeth.
“It doesn’t look like you broke it,” Sunggyu tried to comfort him.
“It still hurts,” Woohyun snapped at the leader.
“Don’t put pressure on it,” Sunggyu said as he tighten his grip around Woohyun’s waist.
“I'll try,” he told them.
“Then let’s hurry up and get out of here,” Sungjong snapped at the two members while trying to hold Woohyun and the phone.
“Take it slow,” Sunggyu told Woohyun who was struggling from the pain that was coursing through his body.
With Sunggyu and Sungjong by Woohyun’s side they were able to start walking forward.
They walked in silence towards the main gates which was their only way out to freedom.
“Hyowan will be waiting for us,” Sunggyu pointed out.
“He will call the police for us,” Sungjong added. "If he hadn't already."
“Watch the rest of the members are just safe a-“
‘Will you two stop it,” Woohyun grunted out. “I know you guys are trying to make me feel better but it’s not helping. I just want to get the hell out of here.”
“Sorry,” Sunggyu sputtered out.
Then all of a sudden Sungjong stopped walking almost causing Sunggyu to fall into Woohyun.
“What are you doing?” Woohyun snapped.
“Shh!” Sungjong turn off the phone's light blinding them in darkness.
“Lee Sungjong what the hell do you think y-“
Sunggyu stopped yelling as soon as he heard the sound.
“It’s that thing,” Woohyun whisper as he shook in fear.
 The moon light barely revealed a shape of a tall man staring at them from the gates.
“This isn’t happening,” Sungjong said to himself.
“Shut up,” Sunggyu snapped.
The figure cocked its head to the side as if it had seen the members. Then slowly it looked at the moon as it let out a scream that could only be defined as a battle call.
“,” Woohyun muttered to himself as he fell backwards out of Sunggyu and Sungjong’s grasp.
Then the worst thing happen the monster started to run towards them like a hungry bear.
“GO!” Sunggyu screamed as he grabbed Woohyun who was paralyzed on the ground.
“I can’t get up,” Woohyun told them. “My foot...i-it hurts t-too much.”
“Get on my back,” Sungjong ordered. “Quickly!”
Woohyun cried as he stared up at s. “I’m slowing you guys do-“
“Shut up,” Sunggyu snapped as he dragged the member onto Sungjong’s back.
“RUN!” Sunggyu scream as they started to run away from the beast behind them.
“Where are we going,” Sungjong shouted.
“The school,” Sunggyu told him bitterly.
“WHAT!” Woohyun shouted.
“We have no other choice!” Sunggyu snapped as his heart was pounding heavily in his chest.
Sunggyu never liked running but he didn’t want to become like the other members. He turn his head to see that the figure had almost reached them.
Sunggyu felt as if he couldn’t breathe anymore as he ran up the cement stairs leading to the front door.
Sunggyu knew the minute he thought about the creature behind him he would have a break down. He was a leader of a group of idiots not a fighter.
He pushes the thoughts away as he finished running up the steps of the school. He could hear the creature closely behind them as its feet smashed harshly against the cement steps.
“Why is the door open?” Sungjong asked as he paused in front of the door.
“Why does it matter just get in!” Sunggyu screamed as he shoved the two members inside the dark school. Sunggyu quickly slammed the door shut praying that it would keep the beast at bay.
“What is it doing?” Woohyun asked between gritted teeth as he held on to his foot.
Sunggyu didn’t say a word just stare out of the small glass window.
“Sunggyu,” Sungjong muttered as he stood up.
“What is it doing?” Woohyun asked from the ground.
“I-t’s ugly looking,” Sungjong sputtered out.
“What is it doing!!” Woohyun shouted letting the fear show.
“It’s standing their looking at the door,” Sunggyu answered him.
“Is it mocking us?” Sungjong asked the members.
“Whatever it is maybe it will stop?” Sunggyu told them. “Maybe it can’t come back in the school.”
CHAA-BANG
“!” Sunggyu screamed as he fell to the floor almost on top of Woohyun.
“It’s trying to break in. It’s trying to break in!!!” Sungjong screamed backing away from the door.
“We have to go,” Woohyun sputtered out trying to stand up.
“It can’t come in,” Sunggyu said in shock.
“It is hyung,” Sungjong quickly helped him to his feet.
 “We can’t escape,” Woohyun’s voice broke as he shook in fear.
It was the first time the youngest heard Woohyun break down like this.
Yes Woohyun had cried before but never like this.  It was as if he lost all hope.
“We have to hide,” Sunggyu told them.
“Or fight,” Sungjong glared at the door.
“Let’s get out of here first!” Sunggyu told them quickly as he bent down and grabbed Woohyun’s arm.
“Hurry,” Sungjong urged them.
“Where do we go,” Woohyun asked quickly as they started to run down the dark hallway.
“I don’t know,” Sunggyu confessed.
BANG!
Sunggyu had a knack for coming up with plans but this wasn’t one of those times.
“. Let’s just hide in here,” Woohyun pointed to a classroom as he tried his best to keep up with the members.
“It’ll find us,” Sungjong yelled.
“I can’t walk any longer,” Woohyun admitted. His foot was throbbing in pain as he was fighting back the tears.
“Fine,” Sunggyu nodded his head as he open the door to the empty classroom.
Sunggyu and Sungjong dragged Woohyun inside the room then Sungjong slammed the door shut.
“We can't survive here long,” Sunggyu told the members as he wiped the sweat off his forehead.
“I know,” Sungjong admitted as he placed Woohyun on the ground.
“What are we going to do?” Woohyun sighed as he grabbed ahold of his foot.
Sunggyu bit the corner of his lip as he looked at the remaining members. This wasn’t supposed to happen to them and certainly not him.
“We,” he looked at Woohyun who was barely hanging on then to Sungjong who kept glancing at the door. “We need to fight.”
“What!” Woohyun looked up at him.
“I think no I mean I know we are going to die here,” Sunggyu mumbled. “I can’t stand here and watch anyone else die. That’s why I’m going to fight that thing which will give you guys a fighting chance to live. It’s the only thing I can do as a leade-“
“No,” Woohyun gasped out as he tried to stand up but instead he ended up in an awkward kneeling position. “I can’t really do anything with my foot but I’m not going to let you die alone. If you want to fight then we are going to fight.”
Sunggyu stared at Woohyun’s sweaty face then he shook his head no. “You have to live.”
“No we have to live,” Woohyun told Sunggyu.
Sunggyu frowned. “Woohyun lets think about-“
“No there is nothing to think about,” Woohyun argued. “We are not going to leave you behind and if I’m going to die then I’m going to die with you.”
Sunggyu shook his head then looked at Sungjong. “Do you feel the same way?”
“I’m not afraid of that thing,” Sungjong said to himself. “I want it to pay!”
“Then it’s final,” Woohyun looked at the members. “We are going to fight for our lives.”
“One problem,” Sungjong frown. “We don’t have any weapons.
__________________________
 
 “Are you kidding me,” Sungjong scoffed as Sunggyu handed him his so-called weapon.
“No I’m not Lee Sungjong,” Sunggyu answered him.
“But you guys got metal rods!” Sungjong pointed out.
“Sweetheart you can’t handle this,” Woohyun’s smirked as he held up his rod.
“Shut up-“
“Sungjong,” Sunggyu scolded the youngest.
Sungjong wanted to take this umbrella and stab it up Woohyun’s .
Sungjong sighed. “This is st-
The room suddenly turn into darkness as Sunggyu's phone that Sungjong was holding powered down.
“,” Sunggyu mumbled.
“Sungjong can you us-“
“Shh!” Woohyun ordered.
“Wha-“
Then they heard it.
The sounds of something dragging against broken tiles filed the room.
“,” Sunggyu whispered as he tighten his grip on the metal rod.
“It’s coming closer,” Woohyun whispered fearfully.
Loud scratching sounds echo into the classroom causing the members to cover their ears. It was as if that thing was playing with them.
Clink.
It was coming closer.
Clink.
It was almost here.
Clink.
Clink.
They can’t breathe anymore.
Clink.
They can’t think.
Clink. Clink. Clink.
Silence felt even more unwelcoming then the sounds of the thing walking.
“If it comes in run,” Sunggyu told Sungjong grabbing ahold of Woohyun’s arm to slowly bring him to his feet. Sungjong nodded and grabbed ahold of Woohyun’s other arm.
They stood there for a couple of hours or maybe a couple of minutes or was it seconds?
“You don’t think,” Woohyun paused. “It’s g-“
BANG!
Sunggyu let out a scream as a black figure stepped into the classroom. Even from where they stood they knew that this thing was pure evil.
“RUN!” Sunggyu screamed.
The other members didn’t need to be told again as they sprinted towards the backdoor.
Sunggyu slammed open the door as the members ran into the hallway with only the moon light guiding them.
They could hear the monster behind them which only motivating them to run faster.
“Go,” Sunggyu told the members.
“It’s going to get us,” Woohyun gasped out.
“No,” Sunggyu gritted between his teeth as they turn the corner.
“Look there is a door separating the hallways. We can shut it and somehow barricade ourselves away from that thing,” Sungjong explained.
“It’s our only choice,” Sunggyu agreed as they struggle to the door.
Clink.
Clink.
The monster was getting closer to them.
Sunggyu wanted to throw up or crawl into a ball and cry. As much as he didn’t want to do this he knew he couldn’t give up not with Woohyun and Sungjong by his side.
He had to be strong as much as he didn’t want to be.
“Go,” Sungjong slammed open the door leading into the next hallway.
Sunggyu was about to run into the hallway when he felt something hard smash into his back causing him to fly forward.
“What the hell,” he muttered as he looked around to see Sungjong who was laying right next to him wearing the same confused face.
He looked up expecting to see the monster staring down at them but instead he saw Woohyun holding a metal rod.
“What are you doing,” Sunggyu asked. “This isn’t time to play!”
“I’m not,” Woohyun smirked then he slammed the door shut.
“WOOHYUN!” Sunggyu shouted standing up from his spot. Sungjong grasp the handle and tried to pull it open but it was locked.
“What are you doing?” Sunggyu snapped banging on the wooden door.
“I’m giving you guys time,” Woohyun admitted as he turn around to face the monster that was slowly walking down the hallway.
“Don’t be stupid! Now open the door before that thing gets you!” Sungjong pleaded with the singer.
“Go,” Woohyun ordered them. “I’m just slowing you down!”
“NO!” Sunggyu sobbed as he pounded on the door. He didn’t care if he was giving their position away he just wanted Woohyun by his side.
“Everything that I did in my life led up to this point. The point where I can die protecting you. Now run!”
“No,” Sunggyu snapped. “We are not going to leave y-“
“Go! Before I kill you myself,” Woohyun snapped then his voice turns soft. “Thank you for everything...hyung.”
Then Woohyun let out a grunt and started to limp forward to meet his death.
“We have to go,” Sungjong told Sunggyu who was shaking and crying heavily.
“O-Okay,” Sunggyu sputter out.
Then they turn and ran forward into the darkness towards who knows what. They let the moon light guide them through the dirty hallway.
“I can’t do this,” Sunggyu fell to the cold ground.
Sunggyu was trying to be strong but he couldn’t not when his best friend just sacrificed himself for them. He couldn’t do it.
“Get up!” Sungjong shouted. “We have to keep on going.”
“No! What’s the point we are already dead!” Sunggyu shouted.
“Hyung come on!” Sungjong shouted again.
“Do you even care that he died,” Sunggyu looked up at him with tears in his eyes.
“Why would you even ask that?” Sungjong snapped at the leader. “I care! I just can’t…”
He just can’t think about everything that is happening right now. He can’t think about the deaths of s. The only thing he could think about is escaping this awful place away from that thing.
Sungjong took his phone out of his pocket.
“Get up Hyung,” he told Sunggyu as he turn on his phone.
“No we are all going to d-“
“GET THE F*** UP!!” Sungjong shouted causing the leader to look up at him with wide eyes.
“Why that thing is going to kill us!”
“No!” Sungjong yanked the oldest to his feet. “I’m not going to let you give up! I’m not going to let you give up on us! Now let’s run!”
“Bu-“
“Hyung I’ll kick you-“
The sounds of metal crunching together interrupted the youngest voice.
“Run!” he snapped turning on his flashlight then grabbing ahold of Sunggyu’s hand.
They ran through the hallway unsure of what they would see. After all they didn’t explore this section of the school so they didn’t know if they were running into a trap or worst a dead end.
“Look a door,” Sunggyu gasped pointing forward.
There at the end of the hallway was a door leading to an unknown room.
“It’s dark in there,” Sunggyu sputtered out.
“Hyung we have nowhere to go but there,” Sungjong pointed out.
Sunggyu frown. “I know.”
“Come let’s hurry up,” Sungjong pulled the older man into the dark room.
Sungjong’s phone light lit up the once dark room. The floors of the room were still reflective as if they were still new. On the white brick walls were spider webs, smudges of dirt, and more importantly posters of the schools past achievements. Both sides of the room contained bright red bleachers that once held cheering fans. The nets on the basketball hoops were full of dusk and spider webs but off to the sides were basketballs that still looked new.
“A gym,” Sungjong sputtered out.
“A door!” Sunggyu cried pointing to a single door on the other side of the room. “We can open it…I don’t know shove our bodies against the door or something?”
With all the fear, worry, guilt, and anger that Sunggyu was feeling he didn’t care if he hurt himself. As long as him and Sungjong got out alive.
That is all that matters.
To live.
Sungjong and Sunggyu ran towards the door which was their last hope in the darkness.
“AH!” Sunggyu screamed as he fell backwards, smacking his face harshly against the gym floor.
“Sunggyu!” Sungjong fell to the ground and grabbed ahold of the oldest arm.
Sungjong could feel his body being dragged forward with Sunggyu as if the force was stronger than both of the men combined.
“JUST LEAVE US ALONE!” Sungjong sobbed as he yanked Sunggyu forward but only for the leader to be drag back again.
“Let him go! We will leave and never return!” Sungjong pleaded.
Sungjong couldn’t do this again.
He couldn’t see one of his brother’s die again. No he won’t stand for it!
 “NOO!” Sungjong screamed as he tried to tighten the grip on Sunggyu’s arm.
“Sungjong!” Sunggyu screamed in fear.
“Hyung,” Sungjong cried.
Sungjong eyes grew wide as Sunggyu hand slipped from his grasp and he was dragged away from him into the darkness.
“SUNGJONG!” his hyung screamed.
Then there was silence and he knew he was alone.
He was completely alone.
No one to eat his food.
No one to .
No one to nag him.
No one to hug him.
No one to dance with.
No one to hit him.
More importantly no one to share a dream with.
He was alone.
He was completely alone.
Sungjong’s whole body was shaking but not from the cold nor was it from fear.
It was red hot anger that filled his tiny body.
He was furious almost to the point of being irrational.
The thing was creeping in the darkness as if it was teasing Sungjong.
“IF YOU ARE GOING TO KILL ME THEN DO IT!” he snapped at the monster turning in circles holding the stupid umbrella.
“YOU THINK YOU CAN KILL ME?!?”
Sungjong laughed high pitch as if he was finally losing his mind.
Maybe he was.
Then all of a sudden he felt the hairs on the back of his neck rise.
Sungjong slowly turn around as his eyes grew wide when he saw the man standing in front of him.
He wanted to cry for his parents or beg for his life but he knew that neither would change anything.
“You can’t kill me!” he screamed then he dropped the cell phone to the ground.
He raised the umbrella up in the air like it was a sword instead of a dumb harmless umbrella.
“I’m going to kill you,” he smirked.
Then Sungjong let out a battle cry that contained all his sadness, frustrations, but mostly anger. Then he ran with all his might towards the figure screaming like it would be the last sound he would make.
Sungjong was blinded by lights as a pair of arms wrapped themselves around his waist and pulled him to the ground.
Sungjong snapped his head backwards and swung his arms right and left. The grip on his body was too tight and he knew that this was the end.
“NOO!” he screamed as he tried to escape from the things grasp.
“Shut up Sungjong,” a voice snapped at him.
Then his body went still as he recognized the voice. “D-Dongw-woo Hyung?” he spattered out.
Sungjong looked up from the floor to see that the gym was now lit by the overhead lights. Standing in front of him was Dongwoo wearing a large gummy smile but more importantly he was alive.
“Can I let go of him?” a voice asked behind him as the hands unwrapped themselves from his body.
“HOYA!” he turn around almost knocking his head against the rapper's head.
“B-but,” he looked at Hoya who was smirking in his direction without a scratch on his pretty face.
“Took you long enough,” Sunggyu and Woohyun came into view smirking.
“He took you,” Sungjong gasp.
Sunggyu just laughed as he offered Sungjong a hand. He took it and was brought to his feet so he could see the members more clearly.
“Yah you at your acting,” Woohyun pointed at Sunggyu who frown.
“YAH you kept on forgetting which foot was your bad one!” Sunggyu pointed out to Woohyun with a frown.
“Wait,” Sungjong paused as he was trying to wrap his head around everything. “You didn’t hurt your foot?”
Woohyun smirk. “See he believed me! Yes maknae I was acting the whole time!”
“B-But?” Sungjong was still confused over everything. “There was that ghost or demon and he was going to kill us. You all looked scared!”
“BOO!!!”
Sungjong jumped as his body fill with fear and he fell to the hard ground.
Sungyeol walked out from behind the bleachers followed by Myungsoo who was smiling.
“I scared you!” Sungyeol jumped up and down as he teased the boy.
“Sorry Jongie,” Myungsoo apologized as he help the youngest up.
Sungjong screamed in frustration and a little bit of relief. “Can you just tell me what happen?! I thought you guys were dead.”
“Ahh about that,” Hoya sigh as he looked at Sungyeol.
Sungyeol raised his eyebrows. “What?! It wasn’t my fault.”
“Sungyeol don’t lie,” Myungsoo said in a song like voice.
“FINE!” Sungyeol rolled his eyes then he looked at Sungjong. “Listen Sungjong you took my IPod so I wanted revenge.”
“Revenge?” Sungjong gasped out.
“Okay so I went a little bit overboard but I knew that if I wanted to scare you then I had to do something crazy. It’s not all my fault the members were on it too!” Sungyeol explained.
“You were?” Sungjong looked around at s.
“Yes and I don’t even want to talk about where I was hiding for hours!” Dongwoo shivered as he hugged himself.
“So let me get this straight!” Sungjong said as he rubbed the side of his head. “Sungyeol was mad that I didn’t give back his iPod.”
Sungyeol nodded his head.
“Then he talked you all into playing this sick little game. Where you all pretend that there is a ghost or a thing chasing us then one by one you all disappear. But who was that man?”
“Oh it was me!” Sungyeol raised his hand up proudly.
Sungjong rolled his eyes again. “Of course it was you. But why did you all seem so scared!”
Sunggyu smirked. “We are good actors!”
“So did we get you?” Myungsoo asked than he bit the corner of his lip.
Sungjong shook his head as he look up at his six members.
“Yeah you did.” Sungjong choked out.
“Are you going to cry?” Dongwoo asked as he grabbed ahold of Sungjong’s arm.
“No,” Sungjong gasped out as he covered his eyes.
“AHH he is!” Sungyeol laughed.
“Shut up!” he snapped looking at the members. “Do you even k-know how s-s-cared I was!”
Sungjong was crying now no it was more than crying he was straight out sobbing into his hands.
“I thought you all died! I thought that I was going to die!!”
“Don’t cry,” Dongwoo wined as he hugged Sungjong tightly.
“Sungyeol forced me too!” Myungsoo told him as he joined the hug.
“I thought it was dumb but then Sungyeol questioned my acting skills so I had to do it,” Hoya explained as he hugged Sungjong.
“Blame Sungyeol,” Woohyun laughed as he gladly joined the huge group hug.
“It’s not my fault!” Sungyeol complained. “I just wanted to have fun!”
“Sungyeol!” Myungsoo snapped in-between Hoya and Sungjong.
“FINE!” Sungyeol hugged the youngest member. “I’m sorry that I pulled this mean prank.”
“It’s fine!” Sungjong whispered.
“No it’s not!” Sunggyu pointed out as he quickly hugged the maknae. “We are sorry Sungjong.”
Sungjong cried not because he was scared but because he was relief.
“So can we leave now?” Sungjong asked after a couple of seconds.
“Ohh about that,” Sungyeol trailed off.
“Sungyeol is an idiot and he really did get us stuck in here,” Sunggyu said as he glared at the tallest member.
“I’m not an idiot I’m just unique!” Sungyeol retorted.
“Idiot,” Sungjong laughed.
__________________________
Sungjong wasn’t sure how long they were laying around the gym when they heard the pounding on the door. If it was a couple hours ago he would have jolted in fear but now he was curios who were at the door.
“It’s a ghost!” Sungyeol scream hiding behind Dongwoo.
“SHUP UP!” Sunggyu and Woohyun screamed together.
“Yah don’t tell me to shut up!” Sungyeol crossed his arms.
“Don’t take things too serious Sungyeol,” Hoya pointed out.
“YAH!” Sungyeol snapped. “D-“
The door to the gym open suddenly and four police men walked in holding flashlights as they stared around the gym.
“I thought the electricity was off here,” one of them told their fellow teammate.
“I don’t know but let’s just finish our search so we can leave this place. “One of the officers replied.
“Don’t you feel sor-“
“Hello?” Sungjong stood up from his spot.
Automatically the officers pointed their guns into Sungjong’s direction.
“Woah!” Sunggyu stood up holding his hands up.
“What’s your name?” the office snapped in their direction.
“Dongwoo,” Dongwoo said quickly.
“Hoya,” Hoya rolled his eyes as if the officer was bothering him.
“Myungsoo,” Myungsoo said quietly.
“Sungyeol,” Sungyeol tried to smile but it just came out as a nervous frown.
“I’m the leader of Infinite. My name is Sunggyu,” Sunggyu explained.
“Woohyun…Nam Woohyun,” Woohyun flashed his white teeth.
“Sungjong,” Sungjong squeaked out.
The men lower their guns as some of them let out sighs. “We’ve been looking for you.”
“You have?” Sungjong asked shocked.
“Yes it’s time to go home,” one of the officers said as he walked towards the members. He was old almost as old as Sungjong’s dad. He had grey and black hair with a cheerful face that contained years of wrinkles. “Do you remember what happen?”
“Ehh,” Sungyeol looked at the members. “I don’t remember…”
It wasn’t that he didn’t remember he didn’t want to get into trouble.
“That’s okay you’ve been through a great ordeal. Let’s just get you home,” the officer said as he flashed a smile.
“Let’s go,” one of the officers said from the door way.
The man waved the members to follow him to him through the school that was no longer creepy.
“I’m hungry,” Dongwoo suddenly said.
“We can eat later,” Sunggyu added.
“Can we have cake?” Dongwoo asked as he started to skip after the officer.
“NO! You don’t need any more sugar!” Sunggyu scolded the youngest.
“Sometimes I wonder if he’s really drunk!?!” Hoya ran after the second oldest.
“Thank god we are getting out now I can get home in time to watch my anime!” Myungsoo said cheerfully.
“YAH! We are going to be grounded for a year,” Sungyeol pointed out.
Myungsoo’s face dropped as he realized the truth behind Sungyeol’s words. “YAH this was your entire fault!”
“Don’t yell at me!” Sungyeol snapped at the member.
“No more fighting!” Woohyun said as he rubbed his head. “I have a headache form all of you!”
“My heart hurts more than my head,” Sungjong snapped.
“We are almost there,” one of the officers told them.
“At least you all didn’t miss the most important rehearsal! Now I’m going to fail!” Sunggyu complained.
“You’ll do fine,” Woohyun sighed.
“No I won’t” Sunggyu retorted.
“We will practice tonight!” Woohyun snapped at him.
“Don’t snap at your hyung!” Sunggyu yelled.
Woohyun couldn’t help but to shake his head.
“Now you’re giving me attitude! “Sunggyu teased.
Before Woohyun could reply the officer open the high school door that had been the root to all their problems.
The cold air hit them as cold chills were sent down their spines as they looked around the school parking lot. There was six police cars and two ambulances all shinning their bright lights.
“Over here,” the officer pointed to a white van that was parked at the bottom of the stairs.
“Where are we going,” Sunggyu asked.
“We will take you to the hospital first then we have to ask you some questions,” one of the officers explained as the reached the van.
Sungjong pulled open the door and let out a sigh of relief.
“Here,” one of the officers handed him a grey wool blanket.
He nodded a thank you to the officer than he wrapped the blanket around his body letting the warmth sooth his chilly bones. He sat in the further corner of the van and closed him eyes tightly.
He could hear the rest of s complaining as they took their seats in the van.
Although it had been just a joke it had still felt real like it was some type of messed up nightmare.
He was just glad that the rest of the members were fine. Sungjong smirk he couldn’t wait for them to get back home he was going to prank them so hard.
The car door slammed shut and he heard the car engine start.
“Let’s go home you guys,” Sungjong mumbled as he started to fall into deep sleep.
The driver of the car said something back but Sungjong too no notice of it.
Maybe if he had then everything would have been different in that moment but instead he fell fast asleep.
The van made its way down the rocky path than took a right turn driving far away from the high school.
 
The men in white and blue uniforms started at the school with an uneasy feeling. Many had thoughts of tearing it down or even investigating it of its past.
But none dare go in it alone well not after this day.
A pair of eyes from the attic window looked at where the van had just left as if the person was trying to will the van back.
“Do you think he knows?” the pair of eyes asked.
“What that we are dead?” Sunggyu asked as he looked at the rest of the members who were laying around the attic.
“It’s still your fault,” Woohyun shoot a glare at Sungyeol who was sitting in the corner crossing his arms.
“He feels bad enough,” Myungsoo added looking away from the window.
“They only needed six so why make the youngest die,” Dongwoo pointed out as he sat on Hoya’s lap.
“Hey I didn’t want to be here all alone in the first place!” Sungyeol snapped. “I do feel guilty for tricking you guys into the school but I didn’t want to be alone.”
“It’s fine Sungyeol,” Hoya told him but they all knew that the dancer was disappointed.
They all were after all they had their lives they wanted to live but now they were stuck in the school forever.
“Is it still in the basement?” Woohyun asked looking at Sunggyu.
“Yes it’s still there and it’s our job to make sure it doesn’t get out again,” he told the members.
“We are still a team and that doesn’t change even after we are dead,” Sunggyu told the members.
They all nodded.
“Sorry once again,” a school girl told them with a frown.
She was wearing the same school uniform from the picture but her black hair was dirty and her face was ghostly white.  “The other three girls that were murdered moved on but I couldn’t go with the darkness down there. But my light was not strong enough to keep it at bay but with all of us together we can keep it from hurting anyone else.”
“Who summon that thing anyways?” Sunggyu asked her.
“Some foolish girls thought they were casting a spell to have a boy fall in love with them. Unfortunately they released a dark spirt into our school. I think they tried to stop it but it was impossible. Only good spirts can fight against the evil. I’m sorry that I got you involved in this mess but I couldn’t stay here alone with that thing any longer.”
“It’s okay,” Woohyun smirk as he threw a heart in her direction causing the rest of the members to frown.
“SHE IS NOT YOUR FAN!” the members screamed at Woohyun.
Hoya moved Dongwoo off of his lap and stood up from his seat.
“Where are you going Hoya?” Sunggyu asked the member.
“To get my iPod off of my body before they take it,” Hoya said simply. “There is no way I’m going to live years with you guys without any music. I’ll find a way to kill myself…again.”
“Wait,” Dongwoo called after him as he started to follow him.
“Where are you going now Dongwoo?” Woohyun asked.
“I’m hungry,” Dongwoo laughed.
“But you are dead,” Sunggyu pointed out.
“I know…I’m still hungry,” Dongwoo said as he skipped after Dongwoo.
Sungyeol let out a sigh as he rest his face against his hand. “I had to be stuck with these idiots forever?”
 

Okay I’m not going to lie I was inspired by the Back Music Video. Did anyone else notice that Sungjong was holding an umbrella while fighting?  Anyways did you guys like it!? Was it scary? This is my first time writing a scary story and I was really nervous to see how it would come out. I had a ton of different endings to this story but I felt like this one was the best because it was the biggest twist. Also I don’t know if you could read in-between the lines but Sungyeol actually died first. He died when he was lured into the school by a demon that killed him. The Sungyeol that was with them in the start was just his confused ghost.  I had such a hard time killing the members off and I had to keep convincing myself that not doing it would ruin the story. Please don’t hate me. Also did the plotline make sense? If you have any questions please please ask me and I will answer. Oh and happy Halloween (I’m kind of late)!!!!
 
Also I’m starting a new series called The Bodyguard:
After Infinite witnesses a horrifying murder they are place under police protection till they can testify in court.
Park Yeonmi (Yenny) was born to be a police officer that is until she assaulted a powerful chaebol. The chief of police is giving her an ultimatum quit the force or become a bodyguard for a boyband name Infinite. Watching over a boy group full of good looking boys would be any girls dream...right? Nope! Not when their lives are consumed by tiresome schedules, crazy fans, murders, and worst of all stupid boys who like to kiss the bodyguard.
 
If you would like to read it please click here!
 
Thank you guys for reading!