3/5

The Unfortunate Events of Infinite

Chapter Three

When the door to the closet finally swung open, a pale and scared Myungsoo let out a loud scream. He was shaking like a scared animal and curled into a ball in the corner of the closet.
“What’s wrong?!” Woohyun hollered at the young member. Woohyun didn’t mean to yell but he was terrified.
“Myungsoo!?” Hoya reached for the boy.
“DON’T TOUCH ME!” Myungsoo snapped as he shoved the hand away.
“What happen?” Sunggyu asked looking at the member.
“Where’s Dongwoo?”  Sungjong asked looking around for the him.
“D-Dongwoo,” Myungsoo sputtered out as more tears began to slide down his cheek.
“What happen? Calm down Myungsoo,” Sunggyu said softly.
“H-h-he,” the member cried out.
“Listen Myungsoo you need to calm down,” Hoya told him as he reached his hand out.
“Just grab my hand.”
Myungsoo shook his head quickly as he let out a shaky breath.
“Myungsoo nothing is going to get you so just come out of the closet,” Hoya told the member.
“Come on Myunggie.”
“No,” Myungsoo sobbed.
“You can do it,” Hoya sweetly talked to him.
“I won’t let anything happen to you,” Hoya promised.
Myungsoo stared at Hoya’s face then slowly reached for the rapper’s hand. When Myungsoo’s hand had finally slipped into Hoyas he was pulled out of the closet and into Hoya’s arms.
Myungsoo cried into the member’s shoulder while Hoya rocked him back and forth.  The other members stood there awkwardly as they silently waiting for answers.
“What happen,” Hoya asked when Myungsoo had stopped crying.
“He’s dead,” Myungsoo told them in a shaky voice as he pulled away from Hoya.
“No,” Sungjong gasped.
“Stop over reacting Myungsoo,” Sungyeol scoffed as he crossed his arms but they all knew he was having a mental breakdown right now.
“No! N-No you don’t understand,” Myungsoo sputtered out.
“Just tell us what happen okay,” Sunggyu told him as he patted his back.
Myungsoo took a deep breath as he looked at s standing there waiting for a logical explanation. He couldn’t help but feel his heart drop when he saw that the rapper was still gone.
“We came in here to find something to open up the door. Dongwoo Hyung was standing by the door when I went to the rack over there,” Myungsoo pointed to the corner of the room. “T-They looked strange so I picked one up. Th-There was something h-horrible in the jar.”
Myungsoo whispered the last part so the members had to lean in to hear.
“What was in it?” Hoya asked.
“No,” Myungsoo cried trying to get the memory of the disembodied eyes out of his mind.
“This one?” Sungjong asked as he held up a jar causing Myungsoo to gasp.
“How?” Myungsoo sputtered out as he fell to the floor in shock.
The glass that Myungsoo had just broken was un-shattered and back in Sungjong’s slim fingers.
“There are eyes in there,” he screamed like a crazy person trying to stop Sungjong from investigating the jar further.
“Eyes?” Sungjong smiled as he placed his phone light at the bottom of jar to illuminate the remains inside.
Myungsoo let out a sob and closed his eyes tightly as he was too tired and confused to look at the disgusting eyes again.
Myungsoo expected screams or gasps of disgust but instead he heard laughter.
He open his eyes to see that s were laughing at him.
“What?” Myungsoo sputtered out.
“Olives,” Sungjong pointed to the jar.
“What?” Myungsoo stood on his shaky feet to get a better look at the jar.
They were right.
The glass jar was full of disgusting olives.
Could have Myungsoo been mistaken?
Myungsoo shook his head trying to understand how his brain confused olives with eye balls.
“It’s okay Sungyeol thought a coat rack was a person,” Woohyun added with an smirk. “You should have seen him scream like a girl.”
“Shut up,” Sungyeol smacked the member.
“So where is Dongwoo,” Sunggyu asked his eyes turning to look at Myungsoo.
“I-I don’t know,” Myungsoo sputtered out. “After I dropped I mean placed down those olives I must have screamed and scared him.”
“He’s probably somewhere around here,” Woohyun pointed out looking around the dirty room.
“He’s probably crying too,” Sungyeol added.
“And you wouldn’t  be?” Sungjong interjected with a smirk.
“Be quiet,” Sunggyu snapped at the two members. “Listen I don’t want anyone else going missing so we will look for Dongwoo together. Once we find him we’ll get out of here.”
The members nodded their heads.
“Let’s work our way back to the main entrance,” Sunggyu told the members as he open the kitchen door.
“Coming Myungsoo,” Hoya asked looking at the scared member.
“I’m scared,” Myungsoo admitted as he covered his eyes.
“Don’t be,” Hoya nudged him.
“But you weren’t there,” Myungsoo added. “I thought I was going to die.”
“Myungsoo,” he placed both of his hands on Myungsoo shoulders. “I will try to protect you as best as I can.”
Myungsoo didn’t answer him.
“Myungsoo,” Hoya called for him again as he pulled his hands away from his shoulder.
When the young boy looked up he saw Hoya’s hand out stretched in front of him.
“What?” Myungsoo questioned.
“Just take it and don’t tell the members,” Hoya sighed as he grabbed ahold of Myungsoo’s hand. “They’ll think I’m going soft. Now come on let’s go before the others notice we’re gone.”
 

__________________________

 

“You can’t do this to me!” Hyowan screamed banging on the cell bars.
Hyowan had been screaming for hours but no one seemed to hear him or care.
“Please!” he said in a tired voice. “They are probably out there cold and tired.”
They had already missed the deadline for the schedules but right now Hyowan didn’t care about such silly things. He just wanted to know if the members were okay.
It felt weird not knowing what they were doing since the last seven years their lives had been plan to a tee.
Hyowan wondered if the members hated the schedules and time limits of their lives but then again maybe they were used to it.
He shook his head because he really should be thinking of this.
No he needed to find them before it got too late.
“YAH!” Hyowan screamed pounding his raw fist against the metal bars.
“Will you shut up!” a police man snapped.  An officer that Hyowan hadn’t seen before walked around the corner. He was the same age of the other officer but this officer looked angry.
“You owe me a phone call,” Hyowan snapped at the police officer.
The officer frowns as he crossed his arms.
“Is that what you want?” the man asked raising his eyebrows.
“YES!” Hyowan didn’t mean to shout at the officer but he was just excited.
“Too bad our telephones are down at the moment. They won’t be fixed for a couple hours so you’ll have to stay here,” the man told Hyowan.
“What?” Hyowan’s mouth dropped. “No but you don’t underst-“
“What don’t I understand? You’re the thief that has been stealing from our town for the past year and I finally caught you!” the police man smirked. “If you thought that I was going to let you off then you must be crazy too.”
“What? Me? A…robber?” Hyowan looked at the man in awe. “Listen it’s just a misunderstanding.”
“I’m right and you can’t deny it or talk your way out of it!” the man snapped at him. “If you want to make a confession then scream but for anything else shut your mouth or else I’ll close it for you!”
“Lis-“
“When the phones are back on you can call your lawyer,” the man informed him then he walk around the corner.
“A thief? Me?” Hyowan said pointing to himself.
Then the words that the police officer had just told him replayed in his mind. Hours. It would take hours before he was allowed to call anyone.
No. Infinite couldn’t wait that long.
“HELP!” he screamed banging on the bars once again.
 

__________________________

 

“Dongwoo!” Sunggyu screamed for the rapper. His voice was raw from all the screaming and he knew he would regret it later.
“Myungsoo you are squeezing my arm to death,” Hoya pointed out trying to lessen the youngest grip.
“S-Sorry,” Myungsoo sputtered out but he still stayed close to Hoya for protection.
They had been searching for the missing rapper for what felt like hours but there was no trace of Dongwoo anywhere.
“Hyung we haven’t checked this room out,” Sungyeol said pointing to a classroom door.
“He wouldn’t be hiding in there,” Woohyun pointed out knowing how much of a scary cat the member was.
“We can’t miss anything,” Sungjong pointed out.
“Sungjong is right let’s look,” Hoya added as he slid open the door.
The members’ phone light lit up the room showing the members what was inside.
“Nothing,” Myungsoo sighed out.
The room was empty like the rest of the school except for one single desk. The chalkboard was full of small notes from past students saying goodbye to their school.
“Where is he,” Sunggyu sighed rubbing the side of his head.
“What’s that?” Sungyeol pointed to something on the desk.
“Leave it,” Myungsoo warn him but instead Sungyeol strolled into the room and picked up the piece of paper.
“A newspaper?” Sungyeol said out loud as he directed his flashlight on to it.
His face dropped as he glanced up to the members in the doorway.
“We need to get out,” Sungyeol told them with fear in his eyes.
“What?” Sunggyu sputtered out as the members’ crowd around the old desk.
“We need to go,” Sungyeol pleaded grabbing ahold of Sunggyu’s arm.
“Just calm down,” Sunggyu told him as he picked the newspaper off the desk.
“What does it say,” Woohyun ask as he lean over to get a better view.
With a shaky voice Sunggyu began to read the paper.
 
Underneath was a picture of three girls all smiling brightly unaware of their future death.  The first girl had chubby cheeks and small eyes. She had a bright smile with medium length hair that was colored orange. Underneath her picture was the name Gayun. The next girl was thinner with a pale face. Her eyes were covered with her hair that made her look like a boy rather than a girl. Under her photo was the name Heejin. The next girl was neither fat nor thin she was normal size with tan skin. Her jet black hair went down to her shoulders as she gave the camera a smug look. Her name was Sumin. The fourth girl’s photo was just a large question mark as if the body was never identified.
Below the article was a message written in black sharpie.
We summon it from the darkness.
We tried to get rid of it but it’s too strong.
It took them.
It’s too hungry and it needs more fe
We can’t do anything except to run.
The principal is finally listing to us and closing the school.
At least now everyone will be safe.
“Need more what? It’s too smudged to read” Sungjong asked.
“Does it matter? We need to go something isn’t right about this place,” Sungyeol told them.
“So that’s why they closed the school,” Sungjong added.
“Listen this doesn’t change anything,” Sunggyu told the members as he placed the newspaper on the desk. “This place has a tragic past but that doesn’t mean we are in any danger. We need to focus on finding Dongwoo then I don’t know smash a window and escape.”
“We need to go now,” Sungyeol said full of panic. “Dongwoo is probably dead!”
Myungsoo started to cry at the mention of death causing Hoya to hug him tightly.
“Stop it!” Hoya snapped as he shot Sungyeol a warning look.
“He’s dead and we’re next!” Sungyeol shouted clearly not caring about Hoya’s warning.
“Sungyeol,” Woohyun reached for the member but Sungyeol backed away.
“Stop! You don’t understand we are-“ Sungyeol paused as his face turn white. “I d-died I mean I can’t die! I can’t die!”
“Calm down!” Sunggyu ordered him.
But Sungyeol was hyperventilating as he step away from the group.
“I can’t do this,” Sungyeol shouted as he took off running towards the door.
“SUNGYEOL!” Myungsoo screamed as he let go off Hoya and took off after the member.
“Myungsoo!” Hoya called after the member as he followed him out the hallway.
“We can’t get separated again,” Sunggyu added.
The rest of the members ran out of the class room into the hallway.
Myungsoo was standing at the end of the hallway looking around for Sungyeol as Hoya’s arms wrapped around his waist.
“He’s gone,” Myungsoo broke down.
“What!?” Sunggyu snapped causing Myungsoo to jump.
“Where did he go?” Sungjong looked around the empty hallway.
“I-
“HELP!” a voice scream from the darkness.
“Help we are here,” Dongwoo screamed.
“Please hyungs come help us,” Sungyeol screamed with Dongwoo.
“What th-“Sunggyu words were cut off as Myungsoo push himself from Hoya’s arms.
“Sungyeol…Dongwoo!” Myungsoo screamed as he ran into the darkness.
“NO!” Hoya shouted as him and the rest of the members took off after Myungsoo.
They used their phone lights to guide them through the messy hallway. They could see Myungsoo’s slim body running ahead of them carefully avoiding random items in the hallway.
Myungsoo stopped suddenly almost causing a collision with the other members.
“Help!” Dongwoo’s voice sounded so clear as if he was standing right next to them.
It took them a couple seconds to realize the voices were coming from an open doorway.
“They’re down here,” Myungsoo said his voice full of panic and relief.
“Don-“but it was too late Myungsoo had already started to run into the room.
The member’s phone lit up the doorway showing a small staircase that led to somewhere unknown.
“No,” Hoya screamed as he followed the young boy down the stairs leaving the other members standing there in shock.
Myungsoo stood at the end of the staircase staring at something in the distance.
“What the hell,” Sungyeol shouted from the top of the staircase.
“Move it!” Woohyun snapped.
“What is happening down there?” Sunggyu yelled at Myungsoo from the top of the staircase with the other members.
“What is that,” Myungsoo sputter pointing to something in the dark.
“Hoya…Myungsoo just come back up here,” Sungjong holler. “It’s not funny anymore.”
Laughter consumed the room but it wasn’t from Myungsoo nor was it from Hoya. Something in the pitch darkness was watching them.
The laughter was not light nor was it happy it was cruel and full of venom.
“GO!” Hoya screamed grabbing ahold of Myungsoo’s hand and yanking him backwards.
Hoya let out a groan as his side smashed into the wooden stairs but he couldn’t sit there and dwell on it.
Run run run run.
That was the only thing that was in Hoya’s head.
He pulled Myungsoo to his feet and halfway dragged him up the staircase away from the evil presence below.
Myungsoo let out an ear piercing scream as something grabbed ahold of his leg causing him to fall backwards.
“Myungsoo,” Hoya screamed grabbing on to Myungsoo’s hand before he was dragged downstairs.  Hoya grabbed ahold of the railing as his other hand was trying to pull Myungsoo to his feet or at least up the stairs. Whatever had grabbed the visual was stronger than any man but more importantly it was not letting go.
“What’s happening,” Sunggyu scream his voice full of panic.
“We can’t get in!” Woohyun cried. “Why can’t we get in!!”
“Myungsoo,” Hoya looked at the member who was screaming in fear.
“MYUNGSOO!” Hoya shouted causing the sweaty member to look up from the ground.
“Tell my parents I love them…okay,” Hoya told the member.
“What does that mean?” Myungsoo said between gritted teeth.
“I promise you didn’t I?” Hoya said with a sad smile.
Then he let go of Myungsoo’s hand causing Myungsoo to be dragged down a couple of steps.
“Come and get me!” Hoya screamed then he jumped forward into whomever or whatever was attacking the member.
As soon as Hoya disappeared into the darkness the grip on Myungsoo’s foot disappear.
Myungsoo let out a sob as he shakily got to his feet but he could only climb two steps before he tripped. Myungsoo felt his body fall forward into the dirty wooden steps and he let out another sobbed.
He used his hands and feet and slowly began to climb up the stairs.
“What happen,” Sunggyu asked as Woohyun pulled the member to his feet.
“Close it,” Myungsoo gasped.
“Hoya?” Sungjong looked down the dark staircase.
“CLOSE IT!” Myungsoo screamed as he fell to the ground. “CLOSE IT!!!”
Sungjong slammed the door shut then he lean his whole body against it as if that would stop the monster below.
“Where is Hoya?” Woohyun asked Myungsoo. “Where did he go?”
“We can’t leave him,” Sungjong turn around to open the door.
“STOP!” Myungsoo shouted making the youngest jump. “Don’t open that door. Don’t ever open that door.”
“But what happen down there and where is Hoya?” Sunggyu asked once again.
Tears were in Myungsoo’s eyes as he stared up at s. “We are all going to die.”
Hey guys,
So I wanted to post this last week but then my internet went out. Boo!! But I hope you guys are enjoying the story so far. I kind of love how manly I made Hoya out to be. Also I have no clue where I got all this Myungya or is it Hosoo (Myungsoo & Hoya)? I’m not sure what the proper ship name is called…but I was totally channeling it while writing this story. Also are you guys getting ready for Halloween? I’m actually making my niece the Cinderella ball gown dress from the 2015 movie. Last year I made her an Elsa dress that blew everyone’s minds because it looked really good. Now I have this huge pressure of making this dress look amazing except I have half the budget and half the time to make it. Oh boy lets see how stressed out I’m going to get. The things you do for family. Anyways do you guys like the story so far? Two more chapters then it will be done.
-Morgan