1/5

The Unfortunate Events of Infinite
Chapter One
"Hyowan! Sungyeol just kicked me oww!!" Sungjong screamed as Sungyeol scrunched up his face and kicked him once again.
"That's because Sungjong won't give me back my iPod!!" Sungyeol pointed out.
"I won it in ka bi bo!" Sungjong shouted holding the iPod in the air away from Sungyeol's grasps.
"That was yesterday!!" Sungyeol shouted reaching for the player.
"No it wasn't!" Sungjong argued slapping Sungyeol’s hand away.
"Boys!!! Hand me the player," Hyowan shouted causing some of the members to wake up.
"See what you did!" Sungjong glared at Sungyeol but he still handed the player to Dongwoo who passed it to Hyowan.
"Sometimes I feel like I'm dealing with children than grown adults!" Hyowan sighed to himself placing the player where other confiscated items were.
All the fighting today had made Hyowan rethink his career choices. Infinite members were never this bad but considering the circumstances fights were bound to happen.
Now that Infinite had gained new popularity they were busier than ever. Sungyeol, Woohyun, Hoya and Myungsoo were busy with their television dramas. Sunggyu was practicing for a new musical and he also was the new idol host on weekly idol. Dongwoo was creating his own fashion line while Sungjong became a mc for two up in coming variety shows. Not to mention the fact that Infinite had just came out with a new album.
They were worn out and lacking a full night of sleep. When the second van broke down Hyowan should have realized that it was only going to cause another headache.
Standing around for a half hour calling the car rental place and the mechanics was only a waste of their precious time. Finally they had decided to leave the stylists and two other managers behind as Hyowan and the Infinite race to catch a flight. They would have made it if it wasn't for the accident that happened on the highway. We should have made it but we didn't. When we arrived to the airport we could see our flight taking off without us. So we do what protocol says we book the next available flight except the next available flight isn't till tomorrow night due to a thunderstorm. So we go to the train station only to find out that all of the seats are booked for today and tomorrow. The next step was spending the night but that wasn't an option. Myungsoo had two photoshoots the next morning with a high fashion magazine. Woohyun and Sungyeol had filming tonight and Sunggyu had the last rehearsal for his musical. Also Dongwoo and Hoya were going to be filming a dance segment for MBC. It made sense to drive to Seoul from Busan which was only a 5 hour trip. Woohyun and Sungyeol would make their filming in time while Sunggyu would only miss a half hour of his rehearsal. The idea seemed perfect but driving with seven loud boys was a disaster.  Due to an accident they had to take a detour on the back roads which added more time to their trip.
With all the things that went wrong today you would have thought that something would go right?
You thought wrong.
"Hyung what's that noise?" Sunggyu asked taking out his headphones.
Hyowan looked at the dashboard but nothing was flashing to indicating anything was wrong.
Maybe if he ignored the noise it would go away but it seemed to get louder. By the time Hyowan pulled over the van it had let out a loud groan than died.
"What the!" Hyowan shouted banging his fist against the steering wheel.
"What happen hyung?" Dongwoo asked sitting up from his seat.
"I'm going to be late," Sunggyu said worriedly.
"Hyung we can't miss filming tonight," Woohyun shouted.
"Calm down everyone!" Hyowan raised his hand up. "It's probably nothing serious."
 
 
Hyowan wasn't a mechanic but he fixed the company van many times before.
This wasn't one of those times.
He stared at the engine as if the problem would jump at him. But nothing popped out so he fiddle with the engine but nothing would work.
"Figured it out?" Sunggyu asked as he closed the car door.
Hyowan whip his forehead. "No."
Sunggyu frown. "None of us have cell reception and it's starting to get dark."
"I saw a gas station about two miles away. If I run I can make it there in less than an hour," Hyowan said as he made up his mind.
"You can't go by yourself and you can't leave us here," Sunggyu said then pointed to the members who were watching them with wide eyes.
Hyowan weighed his options and he knew that this was the right choice.
"I'll be an hour tops just stay in the car," he told Sunggyu. "Just stay in the car and make sure your dongsaengs don't kill each other."
"But-”
“Sunggyu do you want to miss your dress rehearsal?” Hyowan asked.
Sunggyu certainly did not want to miss the rehearsal not when the performance was right around the corner.
“It’ll be okay,” Hyowan reassured him placing a hand on his shoulder.
Although Sunggyu didn't think this was a good idea. Everything in his body was telling him that this was wrong.
Hyowan opened the door and leaned over the seat to see the members. “I will be right back Sunggyu is in charge. If I hear that you’re misbehaving then you’ll be punished when we get back to Seoul.”
“Where are you going?” Woohyun asked sitting up.
“There was a gas station back there and I’m going to ask for help,” Hyowan explained grabbing his jacket and phone.
“Do you want one of us to come with you?” Myungsoo asked although his head was already nodding off.
“No,” Hyowan interjected. “I’ll be back in an hour.”
“Don’t get eaten by wolves!” Sungyeol shouted as Hyowan shut the door.
“Be safe Hyung,” Sunggyu told him as he opened the passenger door and climbed inside.
Hyowan gave one last wave with a wide smile then he started his way down the dirt road.
The members wanted to scream for him to come back that it was too scary to stay alone but none of them could find their voice.
Soon Hyowan turned the corner and he was no longer in their sights.
“Don’t worry guys he’ll be back in a couple of hours,” Sunggyu encouraged them.
“At least we can sleep some more,” Dongwoo mumbled as he rested his head onto Myungsoo’s shoulder who had already fallen asleep.
Who could blame them for being so tired and maybe this break was a good thing.
“Don’t worry guys this won’t take forever,” Sunggyu told them as he pulled out his script.
Only if they knew they wouldn’t be coming back to Seoul that night.

__________________________

Hyowan made a promise to get back into shape if he ever made it back to the van. By the time he saw the gas station in view he was already drench in sweat.
“Thank god,” Hyowan huffed out.
His last few steps were lighter as if running two miles was just a walk in a park.  The gas station was a small white building with one gas pump outside.
He ran to the building and grabbed a hold of one of the door handle and pulled it forward but it didn’t budge.
Hyowan frowned than he tried to push the door open but it still               didn’t budge.
It was only when he peered into the store did he realized that all the lights were off. The gas station was closed which was perfect (note the sarcasm) since the one time he needed something it was out of his reach.
Jung Yeop is going to be pissed that the boys didn’t make it back in time.
Just when he was about to leave he saw something hanging on the wall.
It was outdated but it was still a phone.
If it wasn’t for the time crunch they were in then Hyowan would have never done something like this. It was against his morals but he didn’t want to lose his job or risk infinite losing a contract.
But the minute he picked up that rock his mind was set. He tossed it once in the air then stared at the window like it was his opponent in dodge ball.
The rock flew from his hand and smashed through the glass sending a shattering sound through the quiet night.
Then silence.
Hyowan planned on repaying for the window anyways.
Hyowan reached his hand in avoiding any glass and unlocked the door on the other side. He halfway expected something bad to happen but no alarms sound. As soon as the door was open he walked straight to the phone. He picked it up and placed the end to his ear but then he realizes something was off.
There was no tone.
He pressed the button again but still there was nothing.
.
He threw the phone to the ground which broke on contact.
.
“Freeze!” a voice screamed behind him making him jump.
Bright lights blinded his eyes as he turned towards the voice. Even though he couldn’t see who it was he knew it was a police officer.
This night was just getting worse and worse.
“Listen this isn’t what it looks like my van broke down! I’m the manager of a boy group called Infinite and they are stuck in the van 2 miles away from here. Here I can show you my…” Hyowan reached into his jacket to grab his ID.
“FREEZE!”
Without any warning Hyowan felt something sharp attach to his side then suddenly shocks of electricity ran up his body as he fell to the ground screaming.
“Jesus,” Junhee shouted dropping the taser on the ground.
“Why did you do that?” Minwoo asked his partner.
“I didn’t mean to. You know it’s my first time using it,” Junhee shouted leaning over to see if the unconscious man was okay.
“Is he dead?” Minwoo asked afraid.
“He’s just knocked out,” Junhee confirmed.
“What now?” Minwoo asked rubbing his fingers together nervously.
Junhee sighed. “Let’s take him back to the office. I’m sure the boys at the station aren’t going to drop this for weeks.”
“Weeks? How about months?!” Minwoo scoffed as he bent down and grab Hyowan’s arm. The other man grabbed Hyowan’s other arm then together they dragged him to their car.
“I wonder what he was trying to grab.” Minwoo asked as he open the back seat door.
“He can tell us when he wakes up in a couple hours,” Junhee grunted as the shoved Hyowan in the back seat.
Just like that the two policeman left without a clue.
 
__________________________
 
“I’m bored!” Sungyeol sighed as he rested his feet against the chair in front of him.
“Watch a movie on your phone,” Sunggyu told him not even looking up from his script.
“But my phone died!” Sungyeol shouted hitting his foot against Dongwoo’s chair in front of him.
“Hey,” Dongwoo looked back at Sungyeol.
“Sorry Hyung,” Sungyeol shot him an apologetic look.
Dongwoo smiled widely as if he had already forgotten that Sungyeol had hit him. “It’s okay Yeolie! Hyung how much longer do you think we have?”
“I don’t know,” Sunggyu sighed as he turned another page.
“I’m hungry,” Sungyeol whined.
“FOR GOD SAKES!” Sunggyu shouted throwing down his script to glare at the young boy.
“Don’t yell at me! I’m hungry, tired, and I just want to go home!” Sungyeol shouted back sitting up from his chair.
“Lee Sungyeol!” Sungjong yelled as he shot Sungyeol a warning look.
“I know we are all tired but Hyowan will be here in a bit,” Myungsoo tried to reassure everyone.
“Whatever I’m out of here,” Sungyeol unbuckled himself and quickly climbed over limbs to open the door.
“No,” Sunggyu shouted as Sungyeol jumped from the car.
“What is he doing now?” Hoya asked shaking his head.
“We’ll get into trouble if Manager Hyung finds out,” Myungsoo added.
“I’ll get him,” Hoya said as he unbuckled himself and went after Sungyeol.
“That can’t be good,” Sungjong said as he too unbuckled himself.
“Why?” Sunggyu asked as he watched Hoya walk over to the annoyed Sungyeol.
“Hyung you should know that those two fight like cat and dogs,” Sungjong told Sunggyu as his eyes were glued on the two boys.
Within seconds Sungyeol’s face turned red as Hoya waved his finger in the air.
“Here it goe-“
Sungyeol screamed something then grabbed Hoya by his collar sending them both to the ground.
“!” Sunggyu sputtered out as he slammed open the door. They all jumped out of the car and ran towards the two men who were now rolling on the ground like pigs.
“STOP IT!” Sunggyu shouted grabbing ahold of Hoya’s arms.
“Calm down,” Myungsoo grabbed on to Sungyeol’s red face.
“Let me go I’m going to punch him!” Hoya shouted trying to get out of Sunggyu’s grip. He almost would have if it wasn’t for Woohyun’s help.
“What the hell happen,” Sunggyu snapped.
“He told me to stop being a baby,” Sungyeol confessed as he glared at Hoya.
“YAH! I’m only speaking the truth,” Hoya snapped.
“Why yo-“
“Calm down,” Sunggyu snapped pulling Hoya closer to him.
“Hyungs,” Sungjong called from the van but everyone was too caught in the drama that they didn’t notice him.
“Why do you always defend him?” Hoya snapped as glared daggers in Sungyeol’s direction.
“That’s because I’m his favorite,” Sungyeol snapped throwing his tongue out.
“Shut up!” Hoya screamed as he tried to wiggle out of Sunggyu and Woohyun’s grip.
“He start-“
“SHUT UP! JUST SHUT UP!” Sungjong snapped stopping Sungyeol words.
“Sungjong,” Sunggyu scolded the youngest for speaking informal.
“Can’t you idiots see that we are locked out of the car!” Sungjong’s words snapped all the members out of their state. Even Sungyeol and Hoya’s red hot anger had faded away.
“WHAT!” Sunggyu screamed running to the car to check for himself.
“Why did you shut the door,” Woohyun yelled to no one.
The company had installed automatic locking doors after a couple of fans had opened the doors and tried to drag Dongwoo out. The memory had still haunted the rapper to this day.
“Hey isn’t that Dongwoo,” Myungsoo said as he pressed his head to the window trying to peering into the darkness.
“What,” Hoya whispered as all the members pushed their faces to the windows. If anyone walked by they would have thought they looked like fans stalking a celebrity.
“There he is,” Woohyun said pointing to the sleeping body.
“Dongwoo!” the members started to scream as they pound on the windows.
But in their minds they knew it was impossible. Dongwoo was a heavy sleeper and it took two people to wake him up in the morning. When he was really tired it was almost impossible to wake him up.
After ten minutes of screaming and pounding on the door the members were drained of their voices and their hands were raw in pain.
“It’s no use,” Woohyun sighed as he turned around and slid down the car to the ground.
“We have to try I can’t miss my drama,” Sungyeol said as he banged on the door once again.
“Take a seat kid,” Hoya said to Sungjong as he sat on the ground next to Woohyun.
“Come on!” Sunggyu grunted as he hit the glass once again.
“Hyung you know that Dongwoo could sleep through explosions,” Myungsoo sighed as he sat next to Sungjong. “We’ll just have to wait.”
“,” Sunggyu mumbled knowing what Myungsoo was saying was the truth.
“We’ll just have to wait,” Hoya sighed as he rubbed his hand through his hair.
“It won’t be too long,” Myungsoo tried to cheer up the other members but it wasn’t working.
“Hyowan better get back quick!” Sunggyu snapped as he looked back down at his script.
“This is your fault,” Hoya snapped at Sungyeol.
“Don’t start again,” Woohyun retorted.
“If he wasn’t so sensit-“
“Hyung,” Sungjong grabbed his arm turning his attention away from Sungyeol.
“Fine,” Hoya grumbled and placed his headphones back into his ears.
Although Sungjong was the youngest in the group he always had certain control over his hyungs. Especially Hoya who had been close to the maknae since their trainee days.
“What is that?” Sungyeol asked pointing to something in the distance.
The other members squint their eyes looking in the distance. It took them only a couple of seconds to realize what they were all looking at.
“It’s a factory,” Sungyeol sighed.
“No it’s a school,” Sunggyu said standing up to get a better viewed of the building.
“We should go there,” Sungyeol pointed at the school.
“It’s too late they’re probably closed,” Woohyun added even though he wanted to go home more than anyone.
“So what are we supposed to do,” Sungyeol sighed as he kicked a rock.
“It’s your fau-“
“Hoya,” Sunggyu snapped  at him.
“Hyowan will be here in a bit,” Myungsoo smiled but all the members could see that he was freaking out.
“He better come fast,” Sungjong yawned as he rested his head on Hoya’s shoulder.
 
Ten Minutes Later
“This is boring!”  Sungyeol finally snapped.
“Sit down Sungyeol,” Woohyun said with his eyes still closed.
“I’m bored!” Sungyeol shouted once again.
“Sit down or I’ll ban coffee for a month,” Sunggyu snapped not even looking up from his script.
“Fine,” Sungyeol snapped sitting down.
 
One Hour Later
“Thi-“
“FORGODSAKES SUNGYEOL!” Sungjong screamed shutting up the member.
“Sorry,” Sungyeol nodded as he fell back to his seat.
 
Three Hours Later
“Wh-“
“SUNG-…oh Hoya,” Sunggyu apologize looking up for his script.
“Hyung I’m getting worried,” Hoya confessed.
It was true they had been waiting outside of the car longer than expected and each member was hiding their own feelings of despair.
 “Hyung I think it’s been long enough,” Woohyun muttered into Sunggyu’s ear.
“I know,” he mumbled throwing down his script that he had yet fully studied.
“What are you guys doing,” a voice said.
“NO!!!” Woohyun shot up.
But it was too late there was a thud and all of their hope was gone.
“DONGWOO!” Sunggyu screamed standing up from his seat to see the rapper wiping away the sleep from his eyes.
“What?” he yawned.
“Hyung!!” Sungjong wined as he kicked the ground.
“What is happening?” Dongwoo asked as he scanned the members faces.
“You locked us out,” Hoya told the rapper as he stood up and patted the dirt off of his sweat pants.
“I,” Dongwoo pointed to himself with wide eyes looking back to the van.
“Actually it was Sungyeol’s fault,” Hoya scoffed.
“Don’t start this again,” Woohyun snapped.
“Hyung I’m sure Sungyeol didn’t mean to do it,” Myungsoo added.
Then like always Sungjong had figured something out that the rest of them had yet to see.
“Hyungs,” Sungjong called for them.
“Sure just like the last time he forgot to turn off the water in the bathtub and it flooded our whole apartment,” Hoya snapped.
“Howon,” Sunggyu shot him a glare.
“Hyungs,” Sungjong said again as his eyes scanned the scene.
“Sorry I’m just tired,” Hoya confessed.
“It’s okay now we just have to wait here f-“
“HYUNGS!” Sungjong screamed causing all of the members to turn their attention to the youngest.
“YAH! Sungjong you scared me!” Woohyun shouted holding his heart.
“Do any of you idiots realize something missing?”  Sungjong pointed out.
Sunggyu’s face went pale as he realizes what was missing.
“Sungyeol,” Woohyun answered for them.
“That idiot,” Hoya muttered out.
“Where is he?” Sunggyu snapped looking at the members for answers.
“Don’t look at me Hyung I was sleeping,” Sungjong raised up his hands.
“Yeah and I was sleeping in the car,” Dongwoo stated even though we all knew he was innocent.
“Myungsoo,” Sunggyu shouted then his head snapped towards the second youngest.
“I don’t k-know where he went,” Myungsoo told them raising up his hands.
“The hell you don’t,” Woohyun replied. “He’s your best friend.”
“Maybe went to go to the bathroom,” Myungsoo suggested as he tapped his foot on the ground.
“Sungyeol isn’t the type to just walk off into the woods by himself,” Hoya pointed out. We all were aware of how easily spooked Sungyeol was in dark places.
“Myungsoo I know you know something,” Sunggyu said taking a step closer to the youngest.
“I-I,” Myungsoo sputtered out.
“Myungsoo he could be hurt or lost right now. More importantly do you want Hyowan to come back to a missing member? I would like to remind you of the time we lost Dongwoo at a park and we had to spend two months without our phones,” Woohyun pointed out.
The members nodded their heads remembering the time that Dongwoo had wondered off to go get ice cream but ended up at a pet store for three hours.
“And we had to do 500 pushups,” Sunggyu added as he rubbed his arms as if he was remembering the pain.
“I’m not even his best friend,” Myungsoo told the group but they all knew he was lying.
“Myungsoo if you don’t tell us where Lee Sungyeol is I’m going to take away all your cameras!” Sunggyu snapped.
“I eh..”
“I’ll give them all to Dongwoo to play with,” Sunggyu added.
“He went to the school,” Myungsoo said without missing a beat.
“THE WHAT!?” Sunggyu screamed as Woohyun shouted. “THE SCHOOL!”
“He really is an idiot,” Sungjong sighed.
“Hyung don’t be mad,” Myungsoo sighed into his hands. “H-He felt bad that we were locked out and he thought that he could get help before Hyowan got back.”
“How long has he been gone,” Woohyun questioned Myungsoo.
“Almost an hour,” Myungsoo admitted.
“A HOUR!” Sunggyu shouted as his anger had finally gotten the best of him.
“I wanted to tel-“
“Myungsoo it’s okay,” Dongwoo patted his back.
“What are we going to do now?” Hoya asked looking at Sunggyu for answers.
“We really don’t have any other option we have to g-“
“Leave Sungyeol,” Sungjong smiled but it dropped when he saw Sunggyu’s eyes.
“We have to go after him,” Sunggyu told the group.
“But what if Hyowan comes back?” Sungjong asked pointing to the now empty van.
“We’ll leave a note,” Hoya told them.
“With what?” Sunggyu asked putting his hands to his hips.
“With your script,” Woohyun said as he ripped it out of Sunggyu’s hands.
“No way I can’t have this all marked up,” Sunggyu argued trying to reach for it.
“Relax,” Woohyun said as he ripped one of the pages out.
Sunggyu let out a grunting noise as his eyes grew wide.
“NAM WOOHYUN!”
“Ehh…sorry,” Woohyun sputtered out.
“I’m going to kill you,” Sunggyu charged forward but was stopped by Hoya’s arms.
“Calm down hyung,” Sungjong shouted.
“I’ll buy you a new one but right now I don’t want to be killed by Hyowan for disappearing. And right now we are wasting time when we could be saving idiot number one from dying,” Woohyun pointed out.
“But I need to pract-“
“Hyung please!! What if he’s dying,” Myungsoo yelled as tears rolled down his face.
Sunggyu looked at the crying member and his heart broke he always had a soft side for Myungsoo. He after all was the member who always adores and listens to him.
“Fine but I’m giving us one hour then we have to get back to the car,” Sunggyu told the members then he turn to Woohyun. “Now give me the page you so cruelly ripped out.”
__________________________
 
 “How could you do this to me when I loved you more than anything in the world? How could you take my love and throw it away like it was n-“
“STOP!” Woohyun shouted throwing his hands up in the air.
Sunggyu shot him a glare then started to mumble his lines under his breath. They had been walking for only ten minutes and they already wanted to kill each other.
“I’m going to kill Sungyeol,” Sungjong scoffed as he wiped the sweat off of his forehead.
“It’s kind of creepy here,” Dongwoo said as he hugged his arms closer to his body.
It was true the sun had set hours ago leaving an erring feeling in the air. It also didn’t help that they were in a countryside where no cars passed and there was no houses in view. They were completely alone and that thought alone made Dongwoo want to cry.
“We’re here!” Myungsoo shouted as he ran towards the high school.
“MYUNGSOO!” Sunggyu yelled as he took after the youngest.
“Sunggyu,” Hoya and Woohyun took off running after the leader.
“Idiots,” Sungjong scoffed as he followed his hyungs.
“DON’T LEAVE ME HERE ALONE!” Dongwoo screamed as he ran after the members.
“Myungso-“
Sunggyu almost ran slab dap into the young member who was too busy staring at the old school that was lighten by street lights.
“Myungsoo…whoa,” Woohyun gasped out.
“This looks scary,” Dongwoo sputtered out when he reached the members.
“We should leave,” Hoya said taking a step back.
“We can’t leave him,” Myungsoo said as he stared up at the school.
The school itself was small probably because of the low population that this area once had.  The building itself was two stories with metal bars that incase each window. The white paint was peeling and there were smudges of dirt that covered the building. The front of the building looked like a huge jungle with over grown plants that were slowly crawling up the stairs.
“He went in there,” Sunggyu mumbled in disbelief.
The whole school looked so creepy that it sent chills up and down the member’s spines. In the daylight this school probably looked normal but right now was a complete different story.
“It looks like hell,” Woohyun sighed as he ran his hand through his hair.
“YAH MYUNGSOO!” Sunggyu yelled as the youngest member ran up the stairs into the old school.
“Sungyeol,” he screamed as he open the door with no concern.
“Myungsoo gosh darn it,” Woohyun shouted as the members ran up the stairs.
“Sungyeol,” Myungsoo said one last time as he entered the dark school.
“Stop,” Hoya shouted grabbing the member and wrapping his arms around his body.
“Sungyeol,” Myungsoo shouted once again as he looked around the empty room.
They were now standing in what seems like the main hallway that was now full of mold and dirt. The titles that once laid on the floor was now smashed and there was random graffiti on the doors but none of it was readable.
“Spooky,” Woohyun said the word that everyone was thinking.
“Sungyeol?” Dongwoo said squinting his eyes.
Everyone turns their eyes to where Dongwoo was looking to see a man running towards them.
“S-sungyeol,” Myungsoo gasped out taking a step backwards running into Hoya.
Sungyeol cheerful face was full of fear as he ran full speed towards us with his mouth wide open.
Then something no one ever expected happen a blood curling scream echoed off of the walls causing all the members to cover their ears.
“DON’T CLOSE THE DOOR,” Sungyeol screamed.
BANG.

So first off I got this idea a year ago while working and I had to secretly write down all my ideas on my phone.  There was no way I was going to let this idea slip by. I was going to first post this for Sungjongs birthday on September 3 (by the way my niece was born that day too) but then ladies code accident happen and I didn’t feel right to post it. Then I got busy and I wanted to focus on The Words Unsaid.  This story is completely different from The Words Unsaid. This is more of a thriller and somewhat less angst. Also this is only a five shot then after this I will be posting a new series that will probably take me 1000 years to write. Just kidding! Hope you guys enjoy it! Also was it creepy enough? It’s my first time writing a thriller/horror story so I’m struggling a little bit but please enjoy!
Ps. Sorry it took me so long to post the first chapter. I wanted to take a break off to just relax and not have to stress over posting chapters.
Thank you for reading.
-Morgan