Butterflies

Secret Love

(Fall of 2013)

It's been a year since meeting Sungjae and he's been like a little brother to me. He stops by the cafe every now and then. There are days when their whole group will drop by just after my closing to relax and unwind. I don't really mind. I sometimes let them spend the night at the lounge provided that they got their manager's permission to do so. It's always been lively whenever they are around. I need that kind of atmosphere every once in a while. Kyungsoo was very much opposed at the beginning but he just, kind of, got used to it as time went by. He could also spend some time with Hyunsik whenever they were around. Unlike BTOB, Kyungsoo will never permit his groupmates to loiter around my cafe. They come for coffee once or twice a month but that's it. It seems they don't have that much freetime to be playing around. I sometimes pity those boys, how hard it must be on them. Just to be successful, they would sacrifice everything. That's why I welcome them here whenever. Even through this small cafe of mine, I want to give them some comfort and relief from all the stress they might be carrying. Seeing them laughing and having fun assures me that they will continue to push forward.

"Noona!"

A sweet voice called with a knock on my closed cafe door. I already know who it was so I rushed to open the door. He peered in and looked around before coming in, as if looking or watching out for something or someone. When he cleared the surroundings, he stepped in. 

"Kyungsoo-hyung isn't here, right?" He whispered to me. I lightly chuckled. He had been very aware of Kyungsoo for the past year. The reason being Kyungsoo getting a little jealous that Sungjae spends more time with me than I do with him ever since EXO became a sensation. There are times when I don't see him for a week or worse, for a whole month.

"No, he isn't. I haven't seen him for four days now." I replied as we walked to the bar area. I lowered my head feeling a little sad at the reality of what I just said. 

Sungjae took a seat and I started preparing his coffee.

"You're really counting, noona?" He kiddingly asked. I knew it was supposed to be a joke but then I can't help feeling a little sentimental because of the fact that even calling Kyungsoo has become burdensome for the duration of their promotions. 

"Well, yeah. I'm not really used to not seeing him or not hearing his voice for a long time." I pouted. Sungjae tried to console me by gently holding my hand that was resting on the countertop. I smiled and cheered up so as not to burden him. "So, what might be your reason for being here at this hour? And, surprisingly, you're alone tonight." I teased. 

"Oh, yeah, I almost forgot what I was going to tell you." He clapped his hand remembering something that seemed to be important. "You remember that guy from last year that I got into an issue with?"

I was a little lost. His descriptions were a little vague. I crunched my eyebrows trying to think of something related to what he was saying until he started talking again. 

"You know, when they said I looked like that guys twin or younger brother. Seo Inguk?" He tried his best to make the most out of his memories. He had always been so bad at describing stuff. Sometimes I wonder if this kid lacks some imagination or just because his literary skills are not that good.

I still can't remember anything. 

"Ah, you remember saying I don't really look like that 'handsome' guy at all?" He nailed it.

"Oh, him! Yeah, I remember. Why?" I asked as I did the final touches for his coffee.

"I'm going to be in a drama with him. Well, both of us are just going to appear in some episodes but still, it was really good opportunity."

I finally handed him his coffee and as he stared at it, he had a look that means he's come up with something ridiculous or utterly absurd.

"Noona, maybe I can get you to deliver some coffee for the staff so you can see him. Then, you can decide whether we look alike or not."

Just as I thought. Ridiculous. Will I really go through the trouble just to check if they really do look like siblings? Of course not. But what's utterly absurd is me liking his idea because of the fact that I wanted to see Inguk-sshi to make sure that he is really that handsome.

"Sure. We can do that." I simply replied with a mischievous smile. 

After a few days, I got the call from Sungjae about the details of the filming place. He said they'd be there for a few days, so, delivering the coffee on their 2nd morning would be a really good idea. 

----------------------------------------------

I arrived early but they were all busy. I came with Mira since I brought a lot of coffee so I won't be short of orders. Sungjae caught a glimpse of me and started waving. He is as energetic as ever. I waved back. After the director shouted, 'Cut', Sungjae told him that there is coffee for everyone. As soon as it was announced, the cast and crew started piling up in front of my truck. I made sure to bring some bread and pastries to match with the morning coffee. Luckily, everyone was able to get their share and there were still some left for seconds. I was trying to tidy up the truck when someone peeked and asked for a piece of danish. It was him. 

"Do you still have some cheese danish?" He asked with this cute smile on his face.

I started feeling like there are butterflies in my stomach. I must be hungry. I haven't had breakfast yet. I grabbed a cheese danish and handed it to him.

"Thank you, miss." He smiled again.

*hiccup* *hiccup*

"Oh, are you alright? He looked around for a bottle of water but only saw the one he was holding. He handed it out to me. "You should drink." He said as my hiccups seem to worsen. 

"Tha*hiccup*nk *hiccup* y*hiccup*ou." It was really difficult getting those two words out of my mouth. I just gestured for him to go back to filming. He reluctantly left leaving his bottled water with me. Just then, Mira noticed me. 

"You look awful. Are you alright?" She asked worriedly as she sat me down. 

"*hiccup*Yup, I'm *hiccup* fine." I answered while rubbing my stomach. 

"Does your stomach hurt and how did you get the hiccups?" She said patting my back lightly and offering the water. My hiccups started dying out and my stomach began to feel lighter than before. 

"It's embarrassing; my hiccups and my rumbling stomach. Just when he approached me. What a timing." I complained but Mira doesn't look convinced.

That guy peeked in my truck again to get his water bottle back and as I said thank you while handing it back to him, my hiccups came back, too. I could also feel my stomach again. I must be sick. 

"Oh? You still have hiccups?" He sounded concered but his face looks like he's enjoying my misery. "Someone must be thinking of you." He kidded but I handed him his water and pushed him away.

I ran to the nearest washroom thinking nature must have been calling me but nothing happened. When I sat down on toilet I was already feeling fine. I decided to start cleaning up and get ready to go. This must be a bad day for me. Just then, Sungjae arrived with someone. 

"Noona! Do we look like twins? Inguk-hyung and I?" He had his around Inguk-sshi's neck as he bring their faces closer. 

I studied Sungjae's face and I smiled. He is such a pretty boy. No one can oppose to that. I turned to study the details on Inguk's face and noticed a lot of things. His dimples are really deep, his eyes are enchanting, his lips are carved beautifully, his nose fits perfectly. His face really is a work of art. And with that said, I have fulfilled my mission for today. Conclusion: Seo Inguk really is very handsome.

"No. *hiccup*" I simply replied to Sungjae. He looked surprised and concerned at the same time. 

"What's with the hiccups, noona? And how come we don't look alike? All the people say we do." I didn't give a response because my hiccups started to worsen. I can't get a word out of my mouth. 

"She's been like that since I asked for bread earlier. Someone must be missing her." The handsome man commented with a light chuckle. Sungjae thought and realized something. 

"Ah! I know. You still haven't seen Kyungsoo-hyung, have you? He must be missing you a lot." Sungjae remarked with such confidence. 

It's true that I still haven't seen Kyungsoo for almost two weeks now. It must be the reason I don't feel too well. I started remembering him and didn't notice that my hiccups have stopped until Sungjae mentioned it. 

"Noona, is it gone? Maybe he didn't miss you that much." He teased before dragging Inguk-sshi away. 

That was weird. How I got the hiccups and butterflies in my stomach? I don't know. But after we left the filming site, I felt perfectly fine. Maybe I need to go out more often.

The cast and crew thanked us and promised to support my cafe from now on. Some even said they would recommend my cafe to the people they know. All in all, it was a great day. Watching those actors working so hard to provide entertainment to people is something not to be taken lightly of. And those who work behind the scenes, how diligent and passionate they must be. I give them all the credit.