That Mischievous Fanboy

Secret Love

The party was an exclusive. Wherever I look, there were artists, actors and directors everywhere. I thought to myself, "Why am I even here? I obviously don't belong. He should have just brought Mira along."

I had the feeling that I need to leave the place right away until I saw a familiar face. I brightened up after seeing him. At least there was one person I know aside from Kyungsoo.

"Noona!" He shouted as soon as our eyes met. He leaned in for a greeting hug. "I knew he was going to bring you."

Im Hyunsik, Kyungsoo's friend from way back. They were always together. Kyungsoo would let him tag along whenever he visits Mira and me. He's a very jolly boy. He's also a member of a group now. They both became successful through their music which I'm really proud of.

From a room at one corner, Kyungsoo was being summoned by his co-member's. He hesitated for a moment.

"You can go. I'll stay with noona." Hyunsik reassured him. He let go of my hand and went on his way. Good thing Hyunsik is here, too. At least I won't feel too suffocated with the atmosphere.

"I was thinking you would ditch him, noona. You never really liked these kinds of events." Hyunsik kidded as he led me to a seat.

"I almost did. It's a relief you're also here." I was about to sit down when a group of dashing guys approached us.

"Care to introduce us?" A pretty boy greeted.

"Is she with you, hyung?" Another pretty boy asked.

"Oh, no, she isn't with me. Noona's with Kyungsoo." Hyunsik quickly cleared a potential misunderstanding.

"Hi, I'm Minhyuk. Lee Minhyuk." The first pretty boy introduced. Then, he pointed at the other pretty boy beside him. "And this is Sungjae."

The rest of them peered in and Hyunsik introduced each of them.

"And these are Eunkwang hyung, Changsub hyung, Donggeunie..." Hyunsik was interrupted by the foreign looking guy called Donggeun.

"Peniel, noona. Just call me Peniel." Than he glared at Hyunsik.

"Oh, right, Peniel, sorry. And the last guy, Ilhoonie." They waved and held out a hand for a shake. Then Hyunsik pit an arm around my shoulder and said, "And this is Je-in Noona. She is only a year older than me so that would make Eunkwang hyung and Minhyuk hyung older than her, too."

They all lightly chuckled.

"It's nice to meet all of you." I said with a bow.

"Wait, hyung, is she the noona you said was crazy over DBSK?" Sungjae curiously asked.

I glared at Hyunsik and whispered in his ear, "You were gossiping about me?"

Hyunsik quickly defended himself. "No, noona, it's not like that. It was because Sungjae is really crazy with DBSK, too."

I looked at Sungjae and felt a sense of camaraderie. I endearingly reached for his hand and said, "Is that right?"

The young man smiled and nodded in reply as he held my hand tight.

I could hear Hyunsik whispering to the other guys saying, "I don't know anyone crazier for DBSK than the two of them." But I didn't mind. I have a comrade now.

Sungjae and I got along so well I felt like he was a long lost brother. We exchanged numbers and promised to keep in contact with each other. This is a great bond formed from the love we share for DBSK.

We kept on talking like we could go on for an eternity until I was disturbed by a tap on my shoulder.

"Shall we get going then?"

It was Kyungsoo who just got back.

"Thank you for looking after her, enjoy the rest of the night." He said as we drifted away from the BTOB crowd. Kyungsoo didn't sound too happy.

"Is something wrong?" I asked curiously.

"Sorry for making you wait." He simply replied looking so gloom.

"Not a problem. I had great company." I smiled brightly to cheer him up. I don't want him looking gloom the whole night. "Let's just enjoy the rest of the night. Okay?"

He smiled sweetly in response. He introduced me to his group member and other SM artists. And the highlight of the night was meeting Yunho oppa and Changmin in person. It was a dream come true. The moment I laid eyes on them, I was just frozen in my place. I couldn't utter a single word and just kept smiling and nodding through the length of out conversation. I was dumbfounded. I forgot that Kyungsoo is in the same company as them. At that moment, I was really grateful he became my friend. Who knew this chubby, unpopular guy from my childhood will became such a star and the answer to my life's wish. It was the best party ever. When Yunho oppa and Changmin left, I exhaled so deeply I though I was going to run out of air. Kyungsoo lightly chuckled.

"What's so funny?" I asked irritatingly.

He pointed at me and kept on laughing. I was a little offended but I know I looked pathetic. Still, some people are probably worse than me. At least, I still got to see them in person. Oh, how I love this party. 

That night, as I was getting ready for bed, I got a call from my new dongsaeng. I picked up.

"Hello."

"Hello, noona."

He sounded a little shy. And I could hear a lot of voices in the background saying, "Who's that?" "You already have noona's number?" I guess that was Hyunsik. "How'd you get her number?" "Is that really Je-in-sshi?"

I laughed as I listened to them bickering.

"Hyung, keep quiet she can hear you!" Sungjae sounded more irritated now than shy. I waited for them to settle down.

"Can you put her on loud speaker? We're just going to say hi." Minhyuk suggested. Sungjae reluctantly obeyed just to get them to settle down as soon as possible.

"Noona, you're on speaker now." He gloomily said. I could definitely hear a change in the atmosphere on the other line. It became too quiet.

"Good evening, everyone." I greeted.

"Good evening, Je-in-sshi." They all replied in unison.

After that, I heard footsteps, then the sound of the door shut close, and furious knocks.

"What just happened?" I asked curiously. "Is something going on there?" I began worrying.

"I hid in the bathroom, noona. They are too bothersome." He replied with a big sigh of relief.

I laughed really hard. "You're really something."

We went an hour talking about how we met DBSK's Yunho and Changmin at the party. We talked about their songs, their dances, who our favorite members are and how we got so hooked into them. It was fun talking with him about something I really like. I couldn't have this kind of conversation with Mira and Kyungsoo. We had to end the talk when someone knocked on his door and was in dire need for the toilet. It was also a little late already so we decided to say our good nights. After I hung up, Mira came knocking at my door. She just came back from an unexpected meeting.

"Hi, how was the party?"

Her voice sounded a little hoarse. She's probably tired but she still came to check on me. The only thing to cheer her up is a wonderful (party) story.

The next day, as soon as I opened the cafe, I was greeted by an unexpected guest.

"Sungjae? What are you doing here?" I asked confused as to why he just popped at my cafe this early. I don't remember telling him about it, though.

"I pestered Hyunsik hyung to tell me where you work. He won't tell me at first so I had to resort to deadly tactics. After that, he even gave me some tips. He said I should drop by before 8 because people start swarming by 9 so I should be leaving around quarter before 9."

This guy sure can talk.

"You got your facts right." I reassured. "But why are you actually here?"

He looked around the cafe examining every corner and every detail.

"Just wanted to know more about you." He said as he kept his eyes going around. Then, he remembered something as he reached in his bag. "I came to give you this." He handed out something to me and continued talking. "I always keep two copies of their albums. And since I know I will meet them last night, I had them signed both. And I'm giving one to you. In commemoration of the birth of our friendship."

I was deeply touched. When I looked at the album, it even had my name signed on it. I was almost close to tears but I held back. I didn't know how to thank him, but for now, I offered him my special blend coffee. I didn't know if he liked coffee but I was too overwhelmed to even think of anything right now.

"In return, I'll grant you one request. Anything. I'll do it." I suddenly blurted out without thinking. But I couldn't possible take that back, right?

"Sounds good, noona. I'll call you. Thank you for the coffee, it was delicious. I should get going now. Bye, noona." He smiled, waved, and stormed out of the door. He is really full of life. I just met him last night but I feel like I've known him for a long time. I finally got another friend. I'm very thankful because ever since I met Kyungsoo, my life kept on growing. I think he really is an angel that the heavens has blessed me with. Nevertheless, I am very happy to have a new found friend.