{ 5 }

The Things I Never Told You

How your lips felt. Do you remember how we first kissed? It was by accident, I know, but call me crazy – I still remember every bit of that afternoon.

“Heechul-ah,” you said as you approached me on the staircase near the door to the rooftop. It was our usual hideout. “Are you feeling better?”

“Kinda,” I replied, looking at the lunch tray you bought me. It was the usual: two cartons of milk and two sandwiches.

“Does your arm still hurt?” you sat down a stair below me, handing over the sandwich and placing the tray beside you.

“Not really. It’s bearable now.” I took the sandwich, opening it. “Pass me the milk, Jungsoo-ah,”

“No way,” you said with a teasing smirk. I arched an eyebrow at you, chuckling. “Just pass it over, dude.”

“Nope,”  

“Give it to me,”

“Still nope,”

“Ugh.” I furrowed my eyebrows as I place a hand on your shoulder, reaching over for the carton of milk with my other hand. “Hey, that’s unfair!”

“No it isn’t! Stop mov-“you managed to catch me from falling down (which is kinda exaggerating. We were only three steps from the ground) but the thing is, I finally got to feel your lips against mine. They were soft like cotton candy (Not really. You know how writers exaggerate a bit to make it sound more beautiful. Heh.)

It only lasted a second, though. But to me it felt like an hour. Is this what they call “love”? I kinda hate it. I hate being in love with you so much.

“Sorry about that,” you said, looking away. I can tell you were blushing as well.

“No,” I replied. “It’s completely fine. We’re buddies, right? And it was an accident. Oi – look at me~.” I nudged your shoulder, laughing.

“Yeah, you’re right.” Then you smiled at me.