two.

Guardian Angel
two
Soyeon's POV

 

The first time I met Jiho, I thought he was a street performer. He had this crazy looking dreadlocks and a really unique sense of fashion. I wouldn't say it was weird, it was just a little out of the norm. Irene had introduced him to me, they were dating for several months before they realised they weren't actually very into each other. I obviously thought he was crazy at that time because of his never ending pick up lines.

 

"Why didn't you tell me your best friend was this pretty?" Jiho leaned over to Irene as he whispered in her ear. I chuckled softly. "Please, you were the one who claimed that there would never be anyone as pretty as me." Irene stated. 

"Uh, did I say that?"

"Of course you did, Jiho. Oh you know, you're the prettiest girl in this world and there would never be another in a million years." She flashed him a mischievous grin as she mimicked him. "Hey, hey! You're overstating it! I clearly didn't say it like that!" Jiho furrowed his eyebrows, huffing. I cleared my throat knowing that the pair were going to bicker on and on. They turned to look at me and Irene slapped Jiho's knee prompting him to stop, earning a yelp from him. "Okay so where were we?" 

Irene received an urgent call from home moments later, informing her that she had to go home as soon as possible. She left apologetically, leaving Jiho and I all by ourselves. We took a moment to stare at each other before bursting out into laughter, "Why did you laugh?" he questioned. 

"Your hair is funny."

"My hair? Mind you, it's a work of art."

"Why did you laugh then?"

"Well, your face is funny."

"It's not!"

"Uh huh, it is."

 

Jiho sent me home after our small drinking session. Luckily I wasn't that drunk. I didn't want to make a fool out of myself in front of him. We had a lot to talk about, surprisingly. We also had a lot in common. I found out that he was passionate about rapping and producing tracks, just like how I was passionate about art as well. I could see why Jiho and Irene dated briefly though, they were both outgoing and a little on the crazy side, "Don't tell Irene this, but you're much prettier than her." he told me after leaving. I laughed. This guy is really something.
 


 

The silence of the room made my blood as cold as the autumnal air that crept through an open window. Bereft of any wind, the leaves outside hung limp until they fell of their own accord. It was as if nature conspired to keep me in the dark, not daring to whisper the reassurance I craved. Jiho has been unconscious for about two weeks now. I have been watching over him since day one. Irene would take my place occasionally and she would plead me to return home to get some rest. But how could I? I'm the cause it all. I kept my hopes up high, waiting for Jiho to finally stir from his coma. I sighed softly, turning to look at Jiho. I was really tired. It was safe to say that I hadn't been sleeping well at all. I shifted my eyes towards the clock. Irene was late today. I fixed my eyes back on Jiho and before I knew it, I slowly drifted into unconsciousness. The world was a blur, and random images seemed to float aimlessly around in the pool of my thoughts. A tap on my shoulder momentarily brought my back to the outside world, but after a second I was once again lost. I could feel somebody trying to look at me, staring dead in the eye, but I couldn't keep focus. It looked like Jiho.. Wait, Jiho? I jolted up, opening my eyes in an instant. There before my eyes was Jiho, a perplexing expression on his face. "Jiho." I breathed. He kept his eyes on me. I was not prepared for what happened next.  

"I'm sorry but.. You are..?"
 


the writer's words
 

And yet another short chapter, my bad. Oh my gosh I just realised the format doesn't look that great on mobile. Really short and bad chapter.

 

< a tori creation >