one.

Guardian Angel
one
Soyeon's POV

 

"You're always so disobliging, Woo Jiho."

"I know- Baby, just calm down, please?"

"Stop following me."

"Wait, Soyeon!"

 "Let go of me!"

"No don't move Soyeon!"

"Will you just leave me alone you-" 

Crash.

 

I found myself lying on the road. There was a stinging pain coming from my elbows. I raised my arm up and touched my elbow. They were scraped and bleeding slightly. What happened? Did I get knocked down by a car? I groaned as I sat up slowly. Realising I was in a spat with Jiho earlier on, I whipped my head around to look for him, however, I was not prepared for what I was about to see. There he was, sprawled on the asphalt about six feet away, "Oh my god." I gasped softly as I scrambled towards him. "Jiho." I breathed out, shaking him by the shoulders. He was bleeding from his forehead. At that moment, I was utterly stunned. I could not think at all, my mind was in a blank. I realised he was trying save me from being knocked down by the car. I looked up and came face to face with a man, the driver, I supposed. He had already called for the ambulance. I was not reacting at all. I only wanted Jiho to be safe.

 


 

"What the hell happened here, world war three?" I shrieked. He's done it again. I came home to a huge pile of mess in the kitchen. Unwashed utenstils, wet floor, broken egg shells scattered across the table, oil splattered all over the stove and a flour-covered Jiho. "Oh, welcome home, you're back early." He grinned sheepishly at me.

"Jiho." I closed my eyes and gritted my teeth. He seemed to have noticed the look on my face.

"Baby don't be mad I'll clean it up." Not getting any replies, he walked over to me and held on to my arm, "Baby- oh." he looked down, noticing that he had gotten soap onto my arm and wiped it off with his apron hurriedly. "I promise I'll clean up the mess Soyeon." I opened my eyes and stared straight at him, "The last time you said that I had to clean up after your mess in the end." I said in a low voice. Jiho stayed silent. He knew he couldn't argue now. 

"This isn't your first time Jiho, I've been stressing this to you over and over again but you seem disregard my words everytime!" I berated him in annoyance and swat his arm away. "Well you're such a neat freak anyway." He commented casually. The expression on my face soon turned dark. He tensed up immediately. "I'm out." I made my way towards the door and out of the apartment.  

I could hear footsteps behind me moments later. "Baby don't go, I'm sorry I'll clean up for real this time!" Jiho called out, catching up to me. I stomped towards the traffic light. "You're always so disobliging, Woo Jiho."

"I know- Baby, just calm down, please?" He pleaded. I rolled my eyes and started crossing the road in spite of the traffic signal indicating red. Well, there weren't any cars. "Stop following me." I spat out. "Wait, Soyeon!" He cried out as he grabbed onto my arm. I jerked his arm away instinctively. "Let go of me!"

"No don't move Soyeon!"

"Will you just leave me alone you-" 

 

My train of thoughts were broken by a light pat on my shoulder, "Hey." came the voice of the owner. I didn't even have to look up to find out who it was. I acknowledged by nodding my head. "How long has he been in there?" she asked and sat down while looking at me in concern. "Long enough." I muttered, burying my head in my head. "I just- We were merely having a quarrel and everything just happened so quickly. By the time I realised what was going on he was already lying there on the road and he wasn't moving at all and- I just feel so helpless." I croaked out, trying my best not to breakdown in front of my best friend. " Irene looked down and bit her lower lip as she placed a consoling hand around my shoulder, she stayed silent, not knowing what to say. The silence was like poison to me, for in that void of sound, our conversation was laid bare. 

The doors to the operating theatre opened, startling us both. I stood up immediately and hurried over to the surgeon, anticipating for good news. He looked at me with a glum expression. My lips twitched. This doesn't look good at all. "The surgery went well. His condition is stable for now, but he will have to be put under observation." 

Irene rebuked almost immediately, "Under observation? Why?"

"He's in a coma."
 


the writer's words

Hmm, looks like the chapter's pretty short. Well I'm guessing this fic would be over in less than ten chapters so, don't be too disappointed! I'll try to work out more ideas. Oh right, words in italic are flashbacks.

< a tori creation >