Going Blonde

Little Brother

A/N: HEY GUESS WHO'S BACK WITH THIS!  I HOPE YOU ENJOY THIS!^^

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jongdae watched as his 15-year-old older brother, talked to his crush. He rolled his eyes because Jinki hasn’t made a move to ask him out yet which leaves him to block anyone who dares make a move to the blonde beauty for his brother. Anyway, they’ve been talking for a while now and he just wanted to go home. Jinki finally made his way to his little brother after parting ways with his loveable Kibum, to find his brother was falling asleep while standing up.

    “Yah, Jongdae Kim! Don’t you have a bed at home to sleep on?” Jinki flicked his little brother’s forehead.

    “Well, I would be in said bed if someone hadn’t been striking out for an hour.” Jongdae growled.

    “I wasn’t striking out this time. I finally figured out how to get Kibum to like me!” Jinki beamed.

Jongdae stopped in his tracks and stared at his brother suspiciously.

    “How?” Jongdae was hoping his brother would be himself.

    “I’m gonna bleach my hair!” Jinki exclaimed.

What could possibly go wrong?

    “Hyung-” Jongdae started.

    “Come on let’s go the store before going home! I’ll bleach my hair tomorrow when mom and dad aren’t home.” Jinki dragged Jongdae out of the school building.

    “Shouldn’t Ryeomom be home at least to help you in case you lose your hair?” Jongdae had a bad feeling about this.

    “Nah, he’ll just try to stop me.”

    “But your auburn hair is fine!” Jongdae exclaimed.

Everything Jongdae said got lost in the air as Jinki was no longer paying attention. The next day, Jinki locked himself into the bathroom once his parents have left. Jongdae stayed as far away as possible, playing an online game with Minseok and Luhan.

    “You think I haven’t tried stopping him? He doesn’t know the first thing about bleaching his hair.” Jongdae spoke into his headset.

When he looked at the clock, he noticed his brother has been in there for 4 hours.

    “How long does it take to bleach your hair, Luhan?” Jongdae sat up on his bed.

    “Usually 2 hours but sometimes 1 but that's because I touch up my roots so brown doesn’t show.” Luhan responded.

    “How long has he been in there?” Minseok asked.

    “Um, I’ll talk to you guys later.” Jongdae turned off his game console and rushed to the bathroom. “Hyung are you still alive in there?!”

The door opened slightly and Jongdae could see the bathroom was messy from the mirror.

    “Dae, could you please go get Kibum?” Jinki spoke in a low voice.

    “I don’t know where he lives.” Jongdae started to panic.

Jinki passed a slip a paper through the small crack of the door.

    “This is why I told you to do this with Yepapa, he’s bleached his hair before.” Jongdae growled, shutting the door.

Kibum was sitting on his couch watching a drama, with his hair in an apple bun and tea in hand. He was about to get a refill on his drink when there was a knock at the door.

    “I got it.” Kibum called so his older brother didn’t yell for him to open the door anyway.

Kibum pulled the hair tie out of his hair as he opened the door. There he saw Jongdae, out of breath and unable to make words.

    “Oh you’re Jinki’s little brother, aren’t you?” Kibum was surprised that Jinki’s brother was in front of him.

    “Jinki.. pant... bleach…pant  help…” Jongdae was trying to catch his breath.

    “Let me guess. Jinki tried bleaching his hair but doesn’t know how to and now he probably ruined that cute- I mean, auburn hair of his.” Kibum cleared his throat.

All Jongdae could do was nod, which made Kibum sigh.

    “I liked his auburn hair, and now he has to go and mess it up. “ Kibum sighed, “Sandeul, I’m going out for a bit.”

    “Don’t be out too late or dad will freak out that his princess is nowhere to be found.” Kibum’s brother yelled.

Once they got back to his house, Kibum rushed straight to the bathroom, unable to admire Jinki’s house. He opened the door and smacked Jinki a couple of times for being an idiot before shutting the door. Jongdae stood outside of the bathroom, guarding it like someone else wants to walk in. A while later, he heard a car pull into the garage, which caused him to start sweating.

    “They’re home.” Jongdae knocked on the bathroom door, like that was going to help.

Ryeowook and Jongwoon walked into the house and looked at him weirdly for standing in front of the bathroom.

    “What you doing, Chen?” Jongwoon rose an eyebrow.

    “Just standing here, papa.” Jongdae bit his lip.

    “Where’s your brother?” Ryeowook also rose an eyebrow.

    “I don’t know, mama.” Jongdae gulped.

    “What is he up to now?” Jongwoon crossed his arms.

    “Up to? What do you mean up to? I don’t know what you’re talking about. Hahaha” Jongdae was bad at this.

Ryeowook moved Jongdae aside and opened the bathroom door, despite his son’s protest. He came face to face with his blonde baby boy.

    “Jinki, you’re blond!” Ryeowook exclaimed.

    “Do you not like it?” Jinki ran a hand through his now blond hair.

    “Holy shi-” Ryeowook hit Jongwoon in the arm to stop him, “You look great buddy.”

    “It took a while but I finally got all of his hair to be blond instead of having brown spot everywhere.” Kibum took off his rubber gloves.

    “Kibum?” Ryeowook and Jongwoon said in unison.

    “WHOA, I DIDN’T KNOW KIBUM WAS THERE!” Jongdae chuckled nervously.

Jinki shot Jongdae a look, making the latter stop.

    “Thank you for letting me into your home, Mr. and Mr. Kim. I will be going now as my parents are probably wondering where I’ve been.” Kibum bowed to Jinki’s parents then hugged Jinki tightly.

Jinki blushed when Kibum pulled away and left their home.

    “Well, I’m going to take a nap and hopefully this day will be normal in a bit.” Jongwoon walked towards the master bedroom.

    “I think I will too.” Ryeowook followed his husband.

Jongdae noticed Jinki was still blushing and looked confused.

    “He… Kibum said… I look... cute…” Jinki covered his eyes and smiled widely.

His little brother rolled his eyes and pat him on the back before walking away.